SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Canadian Airport Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153826)

hollywoodcory Jan 25, 2018 8:50 PM

http://westjet2.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1312

WS is moving it’s summer seasonal service to YXY from YVR to YYC effective June 29. News release also says full summer schedule will be released on January 29.

thenoflyzone Jan 25, 2018 10:36 PM

Canada and Israel sign expanded air services agreement.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-c...lightstop.html

Quote:

The expanded agreement allows designated airlines to operate up to 19 passenger flights per week (up from 12).
https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2018...ices-Agreement

Quote:

"Air Canada welcomes the expansion of the Canada-Israel air transport agreement as it will allow us to enhance our network and further advance our successful international expansion strategy. We look forward to increasing our services to Tel Aviv, which currently comprise of daily non-stop service from Toronto and seasonal non-stop flights from Montreal.
Currently Canadian carriers will utilize 13x weekly frequencies next summer.

AC YYZ-TLV 7x weekly
AC YUL-TLV 3x weekly
TS YUL-TLV 3x weekly

This opens up the possibility of AC adding some frequencies to YYZ-TLV and going daily on YUL-TLV.

TS hinting at expanding service as well.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...671114003.html

Quote:

This deal will open up new development and growth possibilities for Canadian-based international carriers such as Air Transat

Johnny Aussie Jan 25, 2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory (Post 8061003)
http://westjet2.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1312

WS is moving it’s summer seasonal service to YXY from YVR to YYC effective June 29. News release also says full summer schedule will be released on January 29.

Makes total sense. With AC going 4x daily YVR-YXY and Air North’s double daily a few flights per week on WS wasn’t much of a player.

WS out of YYC will only have to compete with the 6 weekly Air North Flights via YEG on one of the directions. I’m sure WS will make this work for them. AC had a crack at YYC-YXY a few years ago but didn’t last a year. WESTJET’S YYC network so much stronger now while AC continues to shrink.

Now to see if this will affect Air North’s Alberta services.

Bourkky Jan 26, 2018 1:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8061151)
Currently Canadian carriers will utilize 13x weekly frequencies next summer.

AC YYZ-TLV 7x weekly
AC YUL-TLV 3x weekly
TS YUL-TLV 3x weekly

AC YUL-TLV is 2x weekly so far. Unless I miss something?

thenoflyzone Jan 26, 2018 1:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourkky (Post 8061368)
AC YUL-TLV is 2x weekly so far. Unless I miss something?

AC has announced an additional frequency for next summer.

Check the air canada link i posted above.

Quote:

Air Canada launched seasonal, non-stop service between Montreal and Tel Aviv in June 2017 that resumes in May and which it is planning to increase to three-times weekly this summer from twice weekly last year.
TS is doing the same thing.

thenoflyzone Jan 26, 2018 2:06 AM

btw, earlier this month, Canada concluded 5 new or amended bilateral air transport agreements with Qatar, Cameroon, Ethiopia, South Africa and Morocco.

Nothing on Turkey so far.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-c...greements.html

Quote:

The amended agreement with Ethiopia allows designated carriers to offer up to five flights per week (up from three). The new agreement with Cameroon as well as amended agreements with South Africa and Qatar facilitate the operation of code-sharing between Canada and these countries. Code-sharing occurs when an air carrier sells seats on a flight operated by another air carrier, allowing it to expand its network and product offerings.The amendment to the agreement with Morocco provides flexibility for both own-aircraft and code-share services.

The new rights under these new and amended agreements are available for use by airlines immediately.

kwoldtimer Jan 26, 2018 2:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8061460)
btw, earlier this month, Canada concluded 5 new or amended bilateral air transport agreements with Qatar, Cameroon, Ethiopia, South Africa and Morocco.

Nothing on Turkey so far.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-c...greements.html

Direct flight to South Africa on the horizon?

hollywoodcory Jan 26, 2018 3:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie (Post 8061170)
Makes total sense. With AC going 4x daily YVR-YXY and Air North’s double daily a few flights per week on WS wasn’t much of a player.

WS out of YYC will only have to compete with the 6 weekly Air North Flights via YEG on one of the directions. I’m sure WS will make this work for them. AC had a crack at YYC-YXY a few years ago but didn’t last a year. WESTJET’S YYC network so much stronger now while AC continues to shrink.

Now to see if this will affect Air North’s Alberta services.

With YXY that now makes a total of 7 new routes out of YYC in 2018 so far for WS.

Bourkky Jan 26, 2018 3:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8061401)
AC has announced an additional frequency for next summer.

Check the air canada link i posted above.

Yep, missed it... Thanks! Good news. Its not in the in the system yet tho, still showing 2x weekly Sundays and Wednesdays.

thenoflyzone Jan 26, 2018 4:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourkky (Post 8061595)
Yep, missed it... Thanks! Good news. Its not in the in the system yet tho, still showing 2x weekly Sundays and Wednesdays.

TS was first to increase YUL-TLV to 3x weekly, effectively maxing out the old bilateral (12x weekly). AC was probably waiting for the bilateral to get amended before announcing the increase and loading it in the schedules.

zahav Jan 26, 2018 7:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie (Post 8061170)
Makes total sense. With AC going 4x daily YVR-YXY and Air North’s double daily a few flights per week on WS wasn’t much of a player.

WS out of YYC will only have to compete with the 6 weekly Air North Flights via YEG on one of the directions. I’m sure WS will make this work for them. AC had a crack at YYC-YXY a few years ago but didn’t last a year. WESTJET’S YYC network so much stronger now while AC continues to shrink.

Now to see if this will affect Air North’s Alberta services.

I used to work for Air North, and they are a great airline, very supportive of the Yukon and great service. Back in 2006 when I started there, WS was a scary prospect for a small airline to face, and they watched closely when service was launched. Although I don't like to lose a route, this is kind of a nice one since it shows Air North was stronger than WS and in fact kept/grew it's traffic, now WS is the one to pull out!

The Alberta routes have not been great for Air North, hence why it hasn't grown since it started. Meanwhile YVR has been a big focus for them, and they added YLW and YYJ before they expanded Alberta.

Johnny Aussie Jan 26, 2018 8:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zahav (Post 8061781)
I used to work for Air North, and they are a great airline, very supportive of the Yukon and great service. Back in 2006 when I started there, WS was a scary prospect for a small airline to face, and they watched closely when service was launched. Although I don't like to lose a route, this is kind of a nice one since it shows Air North was stronger than WS and in fact kept/grew it's traffic, now WS is the one to pull out!

The Alberta routes have not been great for Air North, hence why it hasn't grown since it started. Meanwhile YVR has been a big focus for them, and they added YLW and YYJ before they expanded Alberta.

It was only seasonal 3x weekly at YVR anyway so really a blip in numbers overall. With AC adding a 4th daily the number of seats between YVR and YXY this summer will overall be slightly up even with WestJet pulling YVR-YXY.

Yes I understand Air North has not been strong to YYC and YEG partly due to the triangle routing. Yes the route has also been stagnant with no growth. With WestJet starting YXY and MEX we may see some casualties at YYC.

q12 Jan 26, 2018 2:43 PM

Big News coming for Halifax Stanfield after a record year (4,083,188 passengers in 2017).

Re-posted from the Atlantic Canada Airport Thread:

http://westjet2.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1313

Quote:

News Releases
Media Advisory - WestJet announcement in Halifax
CALGARY, Jan. 26, 2018 /CNW/ - WestJet, Canada's most trusted airline, is committing to serve its guests in Atlantic Canada more than ever before. On Monday, January 29, the airline will unveil a new adventure out of Halifax and members of the media are invited to attend.

When: Monday, January 29, 2018
Where: Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
Chrysler Canada Pavilion, 1055 Marginal Road, Halifax

hollywoodcory Jan 26, 2018 3:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Aussie (Post 8061788)
It was only seasonal 3x weekly at YVR anyway so really a blip in numbers overall. With AC adding a 4th daily the number of seats between YVR and YXY this summer will overall be slightly up even with WestJet pulling YVR-YXY.

Yes I understand Air North has not been strong to YYC and YEG partly due to the triangle routing. Yes the route has also been stagnant with no growth. With WestJet starting YXY and MEX we may see some casualties at YYC.

I feel the same thing about DEN too. YYC will go from just one airline (UA) to three this year serving that market (WS starting in March and F9 starting in May). WS I can see making the route work, but not so sure about F8.

thenoflyzone Jan 26, 2018 3:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by q12 (Post 8061906)
Big News coming for Halifax Stanfield after a record year (4,083,188 passengers in 2017).

Re-posted from the Atlantic Canada Airport Thread:

http://westjet2.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1313

My guess

YHZ-LGW with the Max 8.

Maybe even YHZ-DUB.

thenoflyzone Jan 27, 2018 2:53 AM

Jean-Francois Raudin, newly appointed head of France ops for Air Canada, hinting at possible future routes in France.

Toulouse, Bordeaux and Nantes were named, with a launch timeline of 2 to 3 years.

Link in french only

http://www.tourmag.com/J-F-Raudin-Ai...e_a91272.html#

Another article, this one from La Presse last month, quotes Mark Galardo, vice president of route planning at AC.

He mentions YUL-SEA and YUL-SAN as potential routes for the CSeries. Again, link in french only.

http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/354f...d__7C___0.html

YYCguys Jan 27, 2018 5:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8061983)
My guess

YHZ-LGW with the Max 8.

Maybe even YHZ-DUB.

I wonder if a lot of the YYT-LGW/DUB guests are connecting from YHZ?

G.S MTL Jan 27, 2018 6:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone (Post 8061460)
btw, earlier this month, Canada concluded 5 new or amended bilateral air transport agreements with Qatar, Cameroon, Ethiopia, South Africa and Morocco.

Nothing on Turkey so far.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-c...greements.html

Does this mean we could see Qatar Airways up to 5 weekly DOH-YUL ?

Canadian74 Jan 27, 2018 7:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S MTL (Post 8063433)
Does this mean we could see Qatar Airways up to 5 weekly DOH-YUL ?

Qatar amendment was only for the addition of codesharing

G.S MTL Jan 28, 2018 6:48 PM

Non-stop intercontinental Only! for summer 2018 YUL
A lot has changed since I uploaded that 2016 YUL summer destination list!

We have a ton of new destinations..
Air Canada: Shanghai, Tokyo, Dublin, Reykjavik, Bucharest, Lima ,Tel-Aviv, Lisbon ! and many more !

Any editing please let me know !!! :) I did do my best making this list, perhaps aircraft type is a little off..

BTW Lufthansa FRA-YUL will be daily A333 this summer !

https://image.ibb.co/nCOweG/YUL20181.png


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.