SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Development (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   PHILADELPHIA | Lowrise/General Developments Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160247)

Knight Hospitaller May 10, 2017 6:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philadelcago (Post 7800994)
Here's a really helpful link, I've found this makes reading the forums so much easier at times: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/prof...?do=ignorelist

Just pop in the usual suspects and you can get right to the news / updates.

Boom! Thanks.

EastSideHBG May 10, 2017 10:05 PM

Enclave of 43 townhouses planned at NoLibs industrial property
Updated: MAY 10, 2017 — 2:32 PM EDT
http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20170510.html

summersm343 May 11, 2017 1:16 AM

Large Building Shaping Up on 2nd Street in NoLibs

http://www.ocfrealty.com/sites/www.o...s/IMG_0372.JPG

http://www.ocfrealty.com/sites/www.o...s/IMG_0373.JPG

Read more here:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...-on-2nd-street

summersm343 May 11, 2017 1:21 AM

New parks and public spaces planned for Philly

Read more here:
https://philly.curbed.com/maps/phila...rks-trails-new

summersm343 May 11, 2017 1:22 AM

New Philly Holocaust Memorial renderings, details unveiled

Read more here:
https://philly.curbed.com/2017/5/10/...groundbreaking

Mr Saturn64 May 12, 2017 8:02 PM

Well... They just did Dilworth, now they're doing Love Park... It's just a natural progression.

summersm343 May 13, 2017 2:20 PM

Van Pelt and Sansom

Empty lot behind 2116 Chestnut is FINALLY getting filled in with four, 4-story townhomes.

Groundhog May 14, 2017 1:45 PM

So this might light one of THOSE arguments about job growth versus residential (and the conversion of Center City office space to condos/apartments) and, if so, my apologies.

They're talking about replacing the food court at the Bellvue with a grocery store.

https://billypenn.com/2017/05/14/the...might-be-done/

Its obviously not set in stone if Ellen's - which is a great spot btw - is open for a other 8 years, but still, the idea is adding fuel to the flames of a more residential business district.

Im guessing the Wawa and UArts dining hall directly across Broad have had a significant impact as well.

1487 May 15, 2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groundhog (Post 7804840)
So this might light one of THOSE arguments about job growth versus residential (and the conversion of Center City office space to condos/apartments) and, if so, my apologies.

They're talking about replacing the food court at the Bellvue with a grocery store.

https://billypenn.com/2017/05/14/the...might-be-done/

Its obviously not set in stone if Ellen's - which is a great spot btw - is open for a other 8 years, but still, the idea is adding fuel to the flames of a more residential business district.

Im guessing the Wawa and UArts dining hall directly across Broad have had a significant impact as well.

The last few times I was there is was pretty slow down there and there were quite a few vacancies. I'm not so sure the food court is really thriving, especially with so many other options now in CC.

SEFTA May 15, 2017 3:38 PM

Anyone have update pics of progress on 2400 Market Street?

shadowbat2 May 15, 2017 11:47 PM

^Took these on Friday, just forgot to post. Thanks for reminding me LOL

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4164/3...c35e156c_c.jpgUntitled by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4192/3...49de195d_c.jpgUntitled by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4172/3...545b3a10_c.jpgUntitled by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

jjv007 May 16, 2017 12:34 AM

I really liked the original 2400 Market plan here. ^^
Lets hope this turns out well.

SEFTA May 16, 2017 2:33 PM

Thanks. Trying to determine what this will look like. It doesn't bother me it is shorter. It looks appropriate for the river front. How the building will actually look remains to be seen.

Londonee May 16, 2017 4:34 PM

Speaking of WaWa, 22nd and South progress. Steel flew up.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...e/IMG_4396.jpg

Urbanthusiat May 16, 2017 5:50 PM

From http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelp...iddonfiel.html

Buyer scoops up 32 acres in Northeast Philadelphia, plans senior housing
Quote:

A nonprofit senior service agency is reportedly planning an estimated $147 million project on the former Liddonfield public housing site in Northeast Philadelphia.
NewCourtland Senior Services paid $5.5 million for the 32 acres, where it plans to build athletic facilities for use by nearby Holy Family University as well as housing and a 15,000 square-foot health center for seniors, according to a company news release. These two projects will occupy two-thirds of the property, according to NewCourtland, with plans for the remaining third to be determined at a later date.
Anyone familiar with this site? This isn't a particularly exciting project, but $147 million is a pretty substantial investment, and it serves a need, so I guess this is a great things.

EastSideHBG May 16, 2017 7:45 PM

More WaWa!

Wawa coming to ground floor of East Market complex apartments
Updated: MAY 16, 2017 — 1:04 PM EDT

Wawa Inc. will open what will be its fifth Center City convenience store at the East Market residential, retail, and office complex between 11th and 12th Streets on Market Street.

Other retail tenants at the East Market development include Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, Mom’s Organic Market and furniture chain Design Within Reach.

http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20170516.html

Nova08 May 16, 2017 8:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat (Post 7806857)
From http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelp...iddonfiel.html

Buyer scoops up 32 acres in Northeast Philadelphia, plans senior housing


Anyone familiar with this site? This isn't a particularly exciting project, but $147 million is a pretty substantial investment, and it serves a need, so I guess this is a great things.

I believe this is a vacant lot of trees roughly between Torresdale and Frankford Ave's. It's an area that already has a lot of open space by way of Pennypack park and if things haven't changed since the last Google drive by, the lot is fenced off. Holy Family is a few miles up Frankford Ave and is pretty much landlocked. The addition of some athletic facilities is probably good for the school to help bolster it's profile.

hammersklavier May 16, 2017 8:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastSideHBG (Post 7806981)
More WaWa!

Wawa coming to ground floor of East Market complex apartments
Updated: MAY 16, 2017 — 1:04 PM EDT

Wawa Inc. will open what will be its fifth Center City convenience store at the East Market residential, retail, and office complex between 11th and 12th Streets on Market Street.

Other retail tenants at the East Market development include Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, Mom’s Organic Market and furniture chain Design Within Reach.

http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20170516.html

There won't be enough Wawas in this town until every block, building, rowhome, apartment, office, and cubicle has a Wawa of its own. :P

summersm343 May 16, 2017 11:15 PM

Cinnaminson Hill development - Roxborough - Northwest Philadelphia - 24 three story townhomes

Read more here: http://www.phillymag.com/property/20.../#gallery-2-58

summersm343 May 16, 2017 11:17 PM

Liberty Square development - Northern Liberties - North Philadelphia - 43 four story townhomes

Read more here: http://www.phillymag.com/property/20...ern-liberties/


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.