SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlantic Provinces (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Atlantic Google maps and Street View updates (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237491)

theshark Jan 24, 2019 3:59 PM

Atlantic Google maps and Street View updates

Testing the water here. I like to know whem Google maps or Street View has been updated in an area, but I find it hard to find info online or miss it comes to smaller areas. Place updates here so we can go snoop around the new pictures :D

MonctonRad Jan 24, 2019 4:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshark (Post 8447640)
Testing the water here. I like to know whem Google maps or Street View has been updated in an area, but I find it hard to find info online or miss it comes to smaller areas. Place updates here so we can go snoop around the new pictures :D

If you don't want this thread to fall off the bottom of the page, perhaps you could petition a mod to make it a sticky. :)

theshark Jan 24, 2019 4:16 PM

True, with the low frequence of updates in Atlantic Canada, might be months or years between updates, mods, could we make this a sticky?

JHikka Jan 24, 2019 4:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshark (Post 8447663)
True, with the low frequence of updates in Atlantic Canada, might be months or years between updates, mods, could we make this a sticky?

I'd recommend bookmarking the thread for your own tabs at this point. Our Stickies are pretty straightforward - making this one a sticky sets a precedence I don't think we should be striving for.

Dengler Avenue Jan 24, 2019 5:37 PM

Street view for the entire Antigonish Bypass has been updated as of last summer. :D

Marty_Mcfly Jan 24, 2019 6:52 PM

Street View for St. John's was updated via Google in summer of 2013, but the LIS Department of the city of St. John's updated a lot of it themselves in May 2018 with a way inferior camera. Everything looks like trash now.

theshark Sep 10, 2019 4:14 PM

Apple is going around doing their version of street view, just seen the car in Bathurst with the camera equipment on top.

MonctonRad Sep 10, 2019 4:16 PM

They were in Moncton last week.

NBNYer Sep 10, 2019 4:39 PM

3D aerial view in Google Maps is now available for Shediac.

theshark Sep 10, 2019 4:42 PM

Google Updated images for Edmundston, some parts of the city, north and saint-Jacques area, would say they date from last fall.

PEI highway guy Sep 10, 2019 4:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonctonRad (Post 8682877)
They were in Moncton last week.

they also did the cottages around Parlee Beach last week. they drove up my street. I Live in Summerside and the Apple car went by my house this afternoon.

Good2go Sep 10, 2019 4:53 PM

I met 3 of the Apple camera cars last evening on the 126, they were headed toward Moncton.

Monctoncore Sep 10, 2019 7:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEI highway guy (Post 8682936)
they also did the cottages around Parlee Beach last week. they drove up my street. I Live in Summerside and the Apple car went by my house this afternoon.

I saw them in cavendish just before the storm and then again in Lefurgery subdivision

Bishop2047 Sep 10, 2019 10:29 PM

I think I will be on the Fredericton area apple maps three times! The last was when it went by my house and I panicked not sure what hilarious pose to throw.

theshark Sep 19, 2019 11:44 AM

Parts of Bathurst maps has been updated, including downtown. Pictures date from last summer from the construction in the area.

gehrhardt Sep 19, 2019 12:04 PM

I was driving through the parking lot at the Amherst Centre on Saturday when the Apple Maps car drove slowly by me. I stared at it, not realizing what it was immediately. Now I need to keep checking that area for updates.

Oh wait, it's only on IOS devices. Sounds about right for Apple. There goes that idea.

Franco401 Sep 19, 2019 10:59 PM

The 3D view in Google Maps has been extended to Fredericton. Includes New Maryland, Lincoln, Hanwell, Island View, and Douglas.

theshark Sep 19, 2019 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franco401 (Post 8692706)
The 3D view in Google Maps has been extended to Fredericton. Includes New Maryland, Lincoln, Hanwell, Island View, and Douglas.

Looks recent too

Franco401 Sep 20, 2019 3:48 AM

They seem to have chosen the worst possible window in which to take the images :haha:

-Gaping hole for the new office building on Regent
-Gaping hole for the new residential building on Regent
-Sears still a huge eyesore
-Centennial building wing demolished, with no progress
-New office building on Carleton just a frame
-Gaping hole at the end of Queen with partial demolition for new residential
-Smythe Roundabout under construction
-New midrise of Connaught still under construction
-Connaught Street School still under construction
-Gaping hole for the DECH addition
-Wetmore Road extension still stalled
-Station Street building under construction
-Neill Street extension not complete
and...

there's a lot going on in Fredericton right now.

Monctoncore Sep 20, 2019 1:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franco401 (Post 8692998)
They seem to have chosen the worst possible window in which to take the images :haha:

-Gaping hole for the new office building on Regent
-Gaping hole for the new residential building on Regent
-Sears still a huge eyesore
-Centennial building wing demolished, with no progress
-New office building on Carleton just a frame
-Gaping hole at the end of Queen with partial demolition for new residential
-Smythe Roundabout under construction
-New midrise of Connaught still under construction
-Connaught Street School still under construction
-Gaping hole for the DECH addition
-Wetmore Road extension still stalled
-Station Street building under construction
-Neill Street extension not complete
and...

there's a lot going on in Fredericton right now.

That’s okay, on PEI I saw apple maps driving around the day after the hurricane, I’m sure that will make summerside like nice, trees and power lines down everywhere.