SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126473)

mello Jul 26, 2012 6:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 5778196)
Holy s***. That's how much 2 bedrooms are going for down there? :eek:

I used that as an example, come on Derek you know that any new construction will be somewhat expensive especially for 2bd/2bth units. Think about it, new units like that in Uptown will go for at least 2200. Buildings like Atlas on 5th and Pennsylvania or the two newish buildings on the west end of Washington Street in Mission Hills.

So if a developer is going to come in and spend all of that money on this huge development I would guess that in 1 year when these things open they will be asking at least 1600 to 1700 for a nice 2 bedroom.

Derek Jul 26, 2012 7:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mello (Post 5778672)
I used that as an example, come on Derek you know that any new construction will be somewhat expensive especially for 2bd/2bth units. Think about it, new units like that in Uptown will go for at least 2200. Buildings like Atlas on 5th and Pennsylvania or the two newish buildings on the west end of Washington Street in Mission Hills.

So if a developer is going to come in and spend all of that money on this huge development I would guess that in 1 year when these things open they will be asking at least 1600 to 1700 for a nice 2 bedroom.

I honestly had no idea prices were that expensive there!!

HurricaneHugo Jul 27, 2012 6:19 AM

Not going to lie I would love if it was priced liked that.

Need more middle class people in the neighborhood.

Reminds me of the Wal-Mart meeting me and brother went to, they asked who makes more than 25,000, we were the only ones...

JDRCRASH Jul 27, 2012 6:30 AM

It's so awesome to see what's going on in San Diego. Hopefully we can follow suit. :)

Derek Jul 27, 2012 6:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDRCRASH (Post 5779505)
It's so awesome to see what's going on in San Diego. Hopefully we can follow suit. :)

I'm more impressed with what's going on up in your neck of the woods. LA's transit projects are far more impressive than anything happening in San Diego.

SDfan Jul 28, 2012 11:19 PM

Interesting article, page three has some tower gossip:

Quote:

Which O.C. company dominates San Diego office market?
The Irvine Co. is a powerhouse here after 30 years.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...page=3#article

Irvine is moving forward on a 300,000-square-foot, 15-story office building at La Jolla Centre at La Jolla Village Drive and Towne Centre Drive in UTC.

But it has put on hold its 34-story, 685,000-square-foot tower just west of the Santa Fe Depot -- a site purchased from Bosa Development for a reported $60 million in 2007.

While designed by the prestigious firm of Pei Cobb Freed & Partners of New York and approved by downtown planners, a spokeswoman said it is likely to be redesigned if it goes forward.

Nat Bosa, the Vancouver, B.C., high-rise condo developer active in San Diego who sold the site to Irvine, said recently he wants to move forward soon on a condo tower immediately south of the site at 880 W. Broadway site and might try to buy the northern site back from Irvine.

mello Jul 29, 2012 12:01 AM

So the new tower is going to be 15 floors at UTC that is higher than we thought. Isn't that new US Bank Tower only 11 or 12 floors?

SDfan Jul 29, 2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mello (Post 5781013)
So the new tower is going to be 15 floors at UTC that is higher than we thought. Isn't that new US Bank Tower only 11 or 12 floors?

I believe the new tower at La Jolla Commons is going to be 13 floors (by the US Bank tower). The UTC tower is pretty good, from what I can remember from the designs from before, it was going to be a big box, however. The only hope Unioversity City has now for anything taller than it has, would either be the condo tower they're going to put in at UTC or the Coste Verde project (4 towers, 32-34 stories each). But I have no idea what the status of that complex was.

spoonman Jul 29, 2012 6:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDfan (Post 5781042)
I believe the new tower at La Jolla Commons is going to be 13 floors (by the US Bank tower). The UTC tower is pretty good, from what I can remember from the designs from before, it was going to be a big box, however. The only hope Unioversity City has now for anything taller than it has, would either be the condo tower they're going to put in at UTC or the Coste Verde project (4 towers, 32-34 stories each). But I have no idea what the status of that complex was.

The Irvine Company tower and the La Jolla Commons towers that are to be constructed are literally across the street from one another.

Besdes possible UTC and Costa Verde towers, I believe there are still good lots for additional towers. Hopefully demand continues to increase.

mello Jul 29, 2012 10:53 PM

Oh snap I was confused, now I see that these are two separate projects (US Bank twin and Irvine Tower) nice! Looks like the UTC skyline will be pretty impressive once those two are finished. I drove by at night on the 805 on Thursday and some lights were still on in the buildings and it looked fairly dense.

I really hope that the Costa Verde towers moved forward. I also read an article in the UT last week saying that construction on some office space in Mission Valley is looking very likely in the next 12 months -- Doug Manchester's project on his newly bought Union Tribune Property looks nice, needs a couple of tweeks on the architecture though.

spoonman Jul 30, 2012 3:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mello (Post 5781638)
Oh snap I was confused, now I see that these are two separate projects (US Bank twin and Irvine Tower) nice! Looks like the UTC skyline will be pretty impressive once those two are finished. I drove by at night on the 805 on Thursday and some lights were still on in the buildings and it looked fairly dense.

I really hope that the Costa Verde towers moved forward. I also read an article in the UT last week saying that construction on some office space in Mission Valley is looking very likely in the next 12 months -- Doug Manchester's project on his newly bought Union Tribune Property looks nice, needs a couple of tweeks on the architecture though.

Has there been any recent news on the Costa Verde/Monet Verde towers? I can't seem to fnd anything recent. Some 30+ story towers wouldreally cement that area ahead of others as the city's secondary hub.

HurricaneHugo Aug 1, 2012 2:16 AM

Stupid UTSD subscription...

LosAngelesDreamin Aug 1, 2012 3:50 AM

theres a crane north of bayside towers.. anyone know whats being constructed there??

SDfan Aug 1, 2012 6:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHugo (Post 5784106)
Stupid UTSD subscription...

Just download chrome and open an "incognito" browser window. I believe firefox also has a similar feature. I've been able to bypass the paywall completely by doing that.

SDfan Aug 1, 2012 6:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosAngelesDreamin (Post 5784210)
theres a crane north of bayside towers.. anyone know whats being constructed there??

I believe its a 22 story apartment tower. Go to the CCDC map and look it up.

spoonman Aug 10, 2012 4:53 AM

Does anyone have a pic of this apartment building, or the library?

Also, is there ay news on the Hazard Center towers, or the Union Tribune towers?

mello Aug 10, 2012 6:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonman (Post 5794003)
Does anyone have a pic of this apartment building, or the library?

Also, is there ay news on the Hazard Center towers, or the Union Tribune towers?

I haven't seen anything on this stuff. I'm surprised that developers of high rises aren't getting cracking because our rental vacancy rates are so low and when these buildings are finished in 1.5 to 2 years (if they start now) they should be able to fill them very quickly.

Maybe they just don't think there are enough young professionals in SD making good money who can afford 2200 to 3000 a month for a two bedroom "luxury apartment."

HurricaneHugo Aug 14, 2012 5:13 AM

Lane Field looks hideous.

http://media.utsandiego.com/img/phot...053cbc530c46a8

And the Chula Vista Waterfront got approved

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2012/aug/09...proved-coasta/

I do think they can fit a stadium in there...

Derek Aug 14, 2012 6:27 AM

Where'd you find that Lane Field render? If I recall correctly, when it was first proposed years ago it didn't look half bad. That thing sucks. I know it's been said 1837486482 times, but that's our city's doorstep. Come on San Diego.....

What about the damn Navy Complex? Any new news on that?

Lipani Aug 14, 2012 6:35 AM

^ The UT published an article on Lane Field yesterday. And that rendering is absolutely pathetic.