SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   [Halifax] Queen's Marque | 30 m | 10 fl | Completed (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145372)

someone123 May 11, 2016 3:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith P. (Post 7437475)
I have no idea what you are talking about here.

I'm talking about the area around the Lower Deck, Salty's, etc. If you don't want to enter those long buildings it's a bit of a walk to get around them; the distances are about the same or maybe longer than the distance you'd have to walk to get around Queen's Marque, since Queen's Marque has passageways for pedestrians on the Water Street side and below the "finger wharf" portions of the building.

The blocked views don't seem to matter either. If you're in the courtyard east of the building formerly labelled "Morse's Teas", you can't see up and down the waterfront, but that doesn't seem to stop people from exploring. There are people walking around that area because it has things worth visiting (unique buildings, shops, and museums), not because of its sight lines. I think the broken up space and the contrast between open and enclosed space makes the waterfront much more interesting than it would be as a large open area.

The more I think about the Queen's Marque proposal the more I see it as a huge step forward. I think it'll really tie together the central part of the waterfront and downtown. Downtown Halifax used to be very shabby and hit-or-miss; some stretches were nice but others were full of parking lots. Soon however it'll be more or less evenly built up, with few surface lots and a much greater density of things worth seeing on foot.

counterfactual May 11, 2016 4:31 AM

I agree, I don't see anything here that will stop pedestrian flow. There are already some awkward blockages all along the waterfront, which doesn't deter people walking; and certainly the big parking lot / vacant lots don't either further up the boardwalk. This will add a really interesting dimension to the waterfront.

I actually really like the graduated pier as a new kind of public gathering space near the water, beyond the typical benches on traditional piers.

I also love the idea, suggested by others above, of putting a big arch right in the middle of that central massing along Water street. That would break it up, and also bring a historic aspect to the design.

And the fingers jutting out -- they're different, but again, really add something we don't have. Imagine a cafe up top there with stunning views of the waterfront? I love that, and beyond the Halifax Market roof, there's nothing similar along the waterfront for the public (the old Harbour side had something like that where you could buy a coffee and sit in that shared space, but now that's been closed off by the Hart and Thistle and now Gahan Pub).

beyeas May 11, 2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone123 (Post 7437546)
... since Queen's Marque has passageways for pedestrians on the Water Street side and below the "finger wharf" portions of the building.

I hadn't noticed that until I was looking much more closely at the renderings last night. It isn't exactly entirely obvious that those are passageways at first glance, but once I realized that there is some sort of direct route and some sort of linear sightline along the boardwalk through those passageways I felt a bit better about this.

Jonovision May 12, 2016 9:50 PM

I've been concerned about those bottlenecks as well, but the DRC agenda has been updated online and their presentation for tonights meeting is now up.

http://www.halifax.ca/boardscom/drc/...reet-8.2.1.pdf

You can see if you look closely that the two passages under the building are directly in line with each other and are also 45 feet wide, much wider than any of the other significant bottlenecks along the boardwalk at the moment so I don't think this will be much of an issue.

While at first I really liked the idea of putting in a large arch as the main entrance off of lower water, it would be a very awkward design as those types of formal entrances to a space should be located at the foot of a street, and not facing a big blank wall on a tight street, which is what would happen here.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7058/...607a75d1_h.jpgqueen4 by Jonovision23, on Flickr

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7055/...fddd5680_h.jpgqueen2 by Jonovision23, on Flickr

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7238/...8b5a68b9_h.jpgqueen3 by Jonovision23, on Flickr

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7334/...56378e4a_h.jpgqueen by Jonovision23, on Flickr

portapetey May 12, 2016 11:05 PM

If you think about it, in many ways the overall form is similar to Bishop's Landing.

I don't think I realized when looking at the original pics that this thing is actually about 9-10 stories tall. That'll be sure to cause a ruckus.

someone123 May 12, 2016 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by portapetey (Post 7439919)
If you think about it, in many ways the overall form is similar to Bishop's Landing.

Bishop's Landing's design was also based on the "finger wharf" footprint. I would consider this one to be an evolved and improved version of that. Bishop's Landing has a parking lot and private space (pool, etc.) where this one has open public space. Bishop's Landing doesn't have open paths for pedestrians. On a more subjective front, I think this new proposal has more elegant design and they seem to be proposing nicer materials. There's also a bigger public art component and/or more interesting public space, depending on how you want to look at it (the lighthouse thing and the steps down into the water).

Bishop's Landing was a pretty big win for the waterfront despite its shortcomings so I think this one will be too.

Quote:

I don't think I realized when looking at the original pics that this thing is actually about 9-10 stories tall. That'll be sure to cause a ruckus.
Presumably it conforms to HRM by Design though so opposition based on height won't be grounds for appeal. Maybe some of the BANANAs can instead show their opposition in the meetings by holding their breath until they turn red in the face and pass out, giving the rest of the city a break for once.

ns_kid May 13, 2016 11:11 AM

The Queen's marque proposal earned rave reviews at Design Review Committee last night. An approval vote is months away but members gave full marks to the concept. Quoted by ANS, committee member and architect Anna Sampson said, "It is a pleasure to look at the renderings of a building and understand what you were trying to do with the architecture. That was a beautiful moment."

Keith P. May 13, 2016 11:29 AM

That sounds like celebrity-architect-swooning from one architect to another. I find it odd that the general reaction I have heard is not very positive yet the DRC loves it.

Ziobrop May 13, 2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith P. (Post 7440272)
That sounds like celebrity-architect-swooning from one architect to another. I find it odd that the general reaction I have heard is not very positive yet the DRC loves it.

you know - its growing on me.
my initial reaction was its good - i like it, but meh

the more i look at it - the more i like it

portapetey May 13, 2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ns_kid (Post 7440266)
The Queen's marque proposal earned rave reviews at Design Review Committee last night. An approval vote is months away but members gave full marks to the concept. Quoted by ANS, committee member and architect Anna Sampson said, "It is a pleasure to look at the renderings of a building and understand what you were trying to do with the architecture. That was a beautiful moment."

Well, what do WE armchair critics know? :shrug:

Drybrain May 13, 2016 12:46 PM

Regardless of my feeling on Queen's Marque (I like some things, don't like others, am very unimpressed with the centre block portion) Halifax's DRC is kinda...easy to impress.

bluenoser May 13, 2016 2:44 PM

It's not what I was expecting and I have some definite reservations, but it is also impressive in many ways, and it's growing on me as well.

This is not really the right attitude, but when I see views like the one in this video, my reaction is to think: I don't even care, just start building over those massive parking lots ASAP...
https://www.facebook.com/flitelab/vi...7966685902781/

OldDartmouthMark May 13, 2016 2:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziobrop (Post 7440288)
you know - its growing on me.
my initial reaction was its good - i like it, but meh

the more i look at it - the more i like it

Ha! I was just about to post the same thing. The more I look at it, and take in the details, the more I'm liking it. I think it will be a nice addition to the waterfront, as long as they stick with the plan of using quality materials such as stone and copper.

...and get rid of the creepy floating humans in the 'public art' area (though I know that will not be as rendered)! :haha:

Jonovision May 15, 2016 3:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ns_kid (Post 7440266)

That is one thing that I really appreciate about this proposal. I can read the architecture. It makes sense to me. Looking at a proposal like this one makes me take a hard look at the other projects in the city and realize that some are not up to par.

counterfactual May 18, 2016 9:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybrain (Post 7440313)
Regardless of my feeling on Queen's Marque (I like some things, don't like others, am very unimpressed with the centre block portion) Halifax's DRC is kinda...easy to impress.

There are probably some architectural elements of the design that we don't see that an architect would. These guys are leading architects, after all.

I think overall it's a beautiful proposal, but there are some things that could be changed. But it's an easy net-improvement to what is in the waterfront now, especially if they retain some space for existing kiosks in the plaza or just on the other side.

counterfactual May 18, 2016 11:41 AM

I'm also liking this proposal more and more, especially the public-facing elements. This really creates a nice public space for people to sit, hang, lounge near the water.

someone123 Aug 12, 2016 7:00 PM

(Repost from the Canada section.)

Construction prep is starting for Queen's Marque in Halifax and they are doing some interesting work to preserve marine habitat while the new structure is built.

They're going to install some concrete blocks meant to act as artificial reefs. These will provide extra places for bottom dwelling plants and animals to live. They are adding the blocks because the building will extend into the water permanently, but also because they are going to use cofferdam construction for underground parking that will be below sea level. This means that for a while there will be a dam structure extending out from the waterfront and they will pump out the water so that they can work on dry land that used to be the harbour floor.

Blocks:
https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram...68426511_n.jpg

Here's the development (with residential portion highlighted in this rendering):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnqjTYhXgAAGemh.jpg:large

Source

Colin May Aug 13, 2016 2:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone123 (Post 7529188)
(Repost from the Canada section.)

Construction prep is starting for Queen's Marque in Halifax and they are doing some interesting work to preserve marine habitat while the new structure is built.

They're going to install some concrete blocks meant to act as artificial reefs. These will provide extra places for bottom dwelling plants and animals to live. They are adding the blocks because the building will extend into the water permanently, but also because they are going to use cofferdam construction for underground parking that will be below sea level. This means that for a while there will be a dam structure extending out from the waterfront and they will pump out the water so that they can work on dry land that used to be the harbour floor.

Blocks:
https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram...68426511_n.jpg

Here's the development (with residential portion highlighted in this rendering):

Source

The yellow building will be known as "The Bland"
Apparently climate change and sea level rise combined with a major fall storm is of little concern to Armour Group and WDC.

Keith P. Aug 13, 2016 1:05 PM

Quote:

Source

Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's the fault of the artist who did these conceptions of the development, or maybe it's the design itself, but the look of this thing just has not impressed me from day one. It just seems bland and monolithic.

Colin May Aug 13, 2016 4:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith P. (Post 7529842)
Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's the fault of the artist who did these conceptions of the development, or maybe it's the design itself, but the look of this thing just has not impressed me from day one. It just seems bland and monolithic.

Loudspeakers will be mounted prior to construction and workers and gawkers will be treated to a repetitive rendition of Pete Seeger 'Little Boxes'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlSpc87Jfr0

Drybrain Aug 13, 2016 5:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith P. (Post 7529842)

The majority opinion seems to be really excited about it, but I kinda feel the same. There are some great design elements, the but they feel subsumed by the overall bland massiveness, and the odd lack of symmetry from the harbour side. I'm hoping a new set of renderings will get me more excited, but I'm pretty meh so far.

someone123 Aug 13, 2016 5:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drybrain (Post 7529974)
The majority opinion seems to be really excited about it, but I kinda feel the same. There are some great design elements, the but they feel subsumed by the overall bland massiveness, and the odd lack of symmetry from the harbour side. I'm hoping a new set of renderings will get me more excited, but I'm pretty meh so far.

One issue with renderings is that they mostly look shiny and plastic, regardless of what the materials are supposed to be. There isn't much distinction in appearance between cheap precast panels or siding and nicer materials like copper and stone blocks. That difference really shows up in person though.

I think you can get away with a somewhat stark building like this if the quality of construction and materials is relatively good. That's what the developer is promising, and that's what a lot of existing MacKay Lyons-Sweetapple buildings are like (I have been hoping for a large, urban, non-institutional building from them for Halifax for a while). Hopefully the development lives up to that. Either way the style is not going to be for everybody but if the quality is good it will add some nice contrast.

Aside from the design I think it's also filling a big hole in the city. To take one example, it looks like the space around Lower Water Street and the narrow lane beside the museum is going to "work" again once this building goes in. The space between buildings is more what the city would have been like before the waterfront demolitions of the 1950's-70's.

http://media1.fdncms.com/thecoast/im...235/queen3.jpg

(Looking at this image, the projection also seems different from what you would see in person. It's exaggerating the scale of the building and the open spaces; that is good if you want to make something look impressive and monumental but it's not going to appeal to those who prefer "human-scaled buildings".)

worldlyhaligonian Aug 13, 2016 7:05 PM

Is the residential building literally called "The Bland"?

I like the starkness of that rendering. It has a very european look and interface with the area. I agree that if the materials are done well, it would be good.

Drybrain Aug 13, 2016 9:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone123 (Post 7529995)
Aside from the design I think it's also filling a big hole in the city. To take one example, it looks like the space around Lower Water Street and the narrow lane beside the museum is going to "work" again once this building goes in. The space between buildings is more what the city would have been like before the waterfront demolitions of the 1950's-70's.

http://media1.fdncms.com/thecoast/im...235/queen3.jpg

(Looking at this image, the projection also seems different from what you would see in person. It's exaggerating the scale of the building and the open spaces; that is good if you want to make something look impressive and monumental but it's not going to appeal to those who prefer "human-scaled buildings".)

Yeah, I really like the side facing Water Street--the size works here. It's only the harbour-facing portion I'm uncertain about...

teddifax Aug 13, 2016 9:58 PM

I really do hope the design gets a revamp. I am not a lover of it. I think they can do much better for such a Marquee site......

counterfactual Aug 14, 2016 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teddifax (Post 7530142)
I really do hope the design gets a revamp. I am not a lover of it. I think they can do much better for such a Marquee site......

I agree. The design should be fit for a.... Queen? :D

Colin May Aug 14, 2016 2:48 AM

Will it be built when Cogswell is being torn down ? Seems sensible to wait until Cogswell is closed and Lower Water is free from 60 foot truck trailer combos.

musicman Aug 14, 2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin May (Post 7530272)
Will it be built when Cogswell is being torn down ? Seems sensible to wait until Cogswell is closed and Lower Water is free from 60 foot truck trailer combos.

supposedly it is starting this fall sometime. We shall see.

MonctonRad Aug 14, 2016 1:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin May (Post 7530272)

How are these 60 foot trailers to escape the south end when the Cogswell is gone, or is the assumption that all container traffic will move out of Hal Term by rail?

Just wondering...........

I always hated those trucks in the downtown core. They seemed so incongruous.

MonctonRad Aug 14, 2016 1:19 PM

And if I may offer my own personal opinion on the Queen's Marque project:

The massing on Lower water Street doesn't bother me, but I have serious misgivings about the harbor facing portion of the project. It just doesn't seem to blend in well with the ambience of the remainder of the harbor front, and to my mind breaks up the character of the boardwalk way too much. I think they can do better...........

terrynorthend Aug 14, 2016 2:22 PM

Quote:

Source

The more I look at this, the more disappointed I am that the original premise to redevelop the Maritime Museum of The Atlantic (and perhaps HMCS Sackville) and combine it with Queen's did not fly.

Keith P. Aug 14, 2016 2:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrynorthend (Post 7530475)
The more I look at this, the more disappointed I am that the original premise to redevelop the Maritime Museum of The Atlantic (and perhaps HMCS Sackville) and combine it with Queen's did not fly.

Yes, I agree. The MMA has always looked like a 1970s Province of NS Dept of Lands and Forests storage building, and the more recent reclad did nothing much to change that. It is unattractive and does not fit the area. Of course I suppose we should be glad that this new proposal for Queens Marque does not force people using the boardwalk to enter into an enclosed food court to get from one end of it to another, as happens north of this site. How that was permitted baffles me. WDC really needs to get its act together.

Ziobrop Aug 16, 2016 1:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith P. (Post 7530486)
Yes, I agree. The MMA has always looked like a 1970s Province of NS Dept of Lands and Forests storage building, and the more recent reclad did nothing much to change that. It is unattractive and does not fit the area. Of course I suppose we should be glad that this new proposal for Queens Marque does not force people using the boardwalk to enter into an enclosed food court to get from one end of it to another, as happens north of this site. How that was permitted baffles me. WDC really needs to get its act together.

Historic Properties predates WDC - the boardwalk goes around the building - the foodcourt is a shortcut - and handled quite well i think.

its a shame the MMA isnt getting more space, but i suppose not really surprising. the Province is having trouble keeping its existing museums operating, let alone expanding one.

the sackville project looks good. i think that will only happen if some corp gives a big grant or the feds pony up the $$.

someone123 Aug 16, 2016 5:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrynorthend (Post 7530475)

The design likely would have been revised but the old renderings for the larger development looked seriously flawed. For one thing the old proposal involved one large building footprint (a much larger version of the problem with the Historic Properties food court) and blocking the sight lines down Prince Street. I don't think that is allowed under HbD now but back around 2010 it might have happened.

I would rather see a larger number of developments with smaller footprints even if it takes longer for some of the lackluster older buildings like the Maritime Museum to be redeveloped. The waterfront will be fairly consistently well-used if Queen's Marque is built along with the Cunard Block and the smaller more seasonal market buildings and the like end up on the Salter and Waterfront Warehouse lots.

hoser111 Oct 1, 2016 12:19 AM

From today's Queens Marque newsletter:

"As of Monday, October 3rd, 2016 the Queen’s Marque site will be closed to prepare for the district’s development. Some changes will occur due to this exciting progression towards construction.

The Queen’s Landing parking lot (1707 Lower Water Street) will close on Monday, October 3rd. The Cable Wharf parking lot (1751 Lower Water Street) will close in early October."

Dmajackson Oct 3, 2016 10:52 PM

There is a report going to Regional Council tomorrow regarding Queen's Marquee. WDC is looking to purchase 72m² of land to allow for the proposal. In exchange they will give up 390m² for Lower Water Street's R.O.W.

http://www.halifax.ca/council/agenda...004ca14110.pdf

EDIT: It should be noted that while the extra right-of-way will be helpful for Lower Water Street the main pinch point is located south of this area at the Johnston Building so this proposal in itself won't fix the street.

Ziobrop Oct 4, 2016 3:55 PM

EDIT: It should be noted that while the extra right-of-way will be helpful for Lower Water Street the main pinch point is located south of this area at the Johnston Building so this proposal in itself won't fix the street.[/QUOTE]

the Johnson building is west - Corner of Barrington and Prince.

this doesn't actually change the width of the street all that much. the streetline as defined runs through the Robertson store at the MMA, and encompass property that isnt owned by the city.

the strip they want to buy is likely an old sewer outlet into the harbour, long since disused and infilled.

kph06 Oct 5, 2016 12:25 AM

Construction fencing was up when I drove by tonight.

HFX Oct 10, 2016 7:12 PM

Kind of incredible how successful Armour Group has been these past few years. RBC Waterside really set the precedent for modern/historical blended buildings in the downtown core, and their technology campus investments in Bedford (multiple new interconnected buildings, one going up right now and more on the way) really show their commitment to the success of Halifax. I hope this one goes as well as others!

worldlyhaligonian Oct 24, 2016 4:49 AM

Context

https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5731/2...61a86b47_b.jpgHalifax Harbourfront by Denise Lynn R, on Flickr

Dmajackson Nov 29, 2016 1:07 PM

Design Review Committee Report - Queen's Marque

It is recommended that the Design Review Committee:

1. Approve the qualitative elements of the substantive site plan approval application for the mixeduse
development on lands located at 1721-1735 Lower Water Street, Halifax, as contained in
Attachment A, with the conditions that:
a) the southern portion of the Lower Water Street streetwall be articulated with an upper
storey streetwall stepback;
b) all flat rooftops, which are generally inaccessible to the building’s occupants, be
landscaped with roof tolerant vegetation; and
c) the sandstone bar be clad with Wallace sandstone;

2. Approve twelve of the thirteen identified variances to the Land Use By-law requirements, as
contained in Attachment D; the only exception being the variance request for maximum streetwall
height along the southern portion of the Lower Water Street frontage;
3. Accept the findings of the quantitative Wind Impact Assessment, as contained in Attachment E; and

4. Recommend that the Development Officer accept the provision of publicly accessible amenity or
open space, the provision of public art, and the provision of exemplary sustainable building
practices as the post-bonus height public benefit for the development.

JET Nov 29, 2016 3:53 PM

Wallace Sandstone, learn something new everyday:
http://www.virtualmuseum.ca/sgc-cms/...sh&ex=00000541

terrynorthend Nov 29, 2016 9:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone123 (Post 7529995)

So what's the deal with the "setback" required on the southern Lower Water Facing portion? I like how this building meets Lower Water -probably my favourite aspect. It better not end up looking like a wedding cake!

Jonovision Dec 2, 2016 12:03 AM

This was also approved tonight by the DRC. The vote was apparently unanimous with no conditions even though staff had recommended against some of the requested variances, including the street wall setback along Lower Water.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/halifax...-approved.html

someone123 Dec 2, 2016 3:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonovision (Post 7639402)
This was also approved tonight by the DRC. The vote was apparently unanimous with no conditions even though staff had recommended against some of the requested variances, including the street wall setback along Lower Water.

The DRC and council can go either way but I like how they use a bit of discretion sometimes. If it were up to staff following canned policies to the letter every building would be similar and there would be nothing to surprise people as they explored downtown Halifax. Most of the buildings that stand out as well-appreciated landmarks downtown were outside of the norm in some way when they were built; that's why they became landmarks. The imposing look of the Lower Water facade is one of the things that stands out with this proposal.

I think this is one of a minority of the proposals in Halifax that you can say has some unique local flavour in a positive way. Many of the others are nice but generic looking and could have come from a number of Canadian cities. You wouldn't get a solid looking building like this on the West Coast, you wouldn't get a waterfront building like this in non-waterfront cities (or the finger wharf type footprint almost anywhere), and smaller cities in Atlantic Canada rarely get developments on this scale.

Jonovision Dec 2, 2016 7:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone123 (Post 7639555)
The DRC and council can go either way but I like how they use a bit of discretion sometimes. If it were up to staff following canned policies to the letter every building would be similar and there would be nothing to surprise people as they explored downtown Halifax. Most of the buildings that stand out as well-appreciated landmarks downtown were outside of the norm in some way when they were built; that's why they became landmarks. The imposing look of the Lower Water facade is one of the things that stands out with this proposal.

I think this is one of a minority of the proposals in Halifax that you can say has some unique local flavour in a positive way. Many of the others are nice but generic looking and could have come from a number of Canadian cities. You wouldn't get a solid looking building like this on the West Coast, you wouldn't get a waterfront building like this in non-waterfront cities (or the finger wharf type footprint almost anywhere), and smaller cities in Atlantic Canada rarely get developments on this scale.

I almost completely agree with you. I just wish there was a more formal mechanism for this type of thing to happen within our land use bylaws. Something along the lines of the Opportunity Sites that are used in downtown Dartmouth. Where a developer would apply to say this is a special site and they want to do something special that is non conforming with the current plan.

It would just make the whole thing a bit more open and transparent.

Jonovision Dec 2, 2016 7:49 PM

Work is well underway on site as well as further along the waterfront where all of the kiosks are to be set up for next season.

https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5540/3...19188071_k.jpg20161202_145804_HDR by Jonovision23, on Flickr

https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5823/3...a38daf14_k.jpg20161202_145723_HDR by Jonovision23, on Flickr

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5620/3...9632b07c_k.jpg20161202_145137 by Jonovision23, on Flickr

https://c4.staticflickr.com/6/5461/3...1fd4edb4_k.jpg20161202_145244_HDR by Jonovision23, on Flickr

bluenoser Dec 8, 2016 3:53 PM

Moving right along!
https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram...03610368_n.jpg
brintonphotography on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/brintonphotography/?hl=en

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonovision (Post 7640203)
Work is well underway on site as well as further along the waterfront where all of the kiosks are to be set up for next season.

Thanks for the photos. I'm happy these little kiosks are being used elsewhere - they seem to add a lot to an area where there's not much else going on / parking lots.

Jonovision Dec 8, 2016 9:32 PM

All the kiosks have been moved to the far side of the Salter block and will eventually be put into a newly built area behind the Smiling Goat beer garden.

https://c3.staticflickr.com/1/748/31...ee7431fa_k.jpg20161207_131347_HDR by Jonovision23, on Flickr

Jonovision Dec 11, 2016 8:51 PM

https://c8.staticflickr.com/1/109/31...63376c98_k.jpg20161209_160304_HDR by Jonovision23, on Flickr