SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   NEW YORK | Central Park Tower (Nordstrom)| 1,550 FT | 131 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191095)

meh_cd May 11, 2012 3:53 PM

Oh man. I know it is just a massing shot, but I'd be fine if it ended up looking like that. Look at that thing! Look at all of them!

Stop teasing us!

reencharles May 12, 2012 1:57 AM

This is incredible. These latest news are very excited.
I was satisfied with 320 meters, but if it can have more than 350 meters or even more than 380 meters (as stated in the article), it would be really insane, very good.

And this last image of the sbarn must be disclosed and be shown to the Gary Barnnet (For him to be inspired). :haha:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7240/7...24b24f64_b.jpg

RobertWalpole May 12, 2012 2:04 AM

Interestingly, this tower tentatively is planned at 1,250 with an office component. Since office space usually yields a fatter, shorter structure than a hotel/cono, if Extell drops the office component, this could easily exceed 430m with the current air rights!

P.S.: Extell has posted the Observer's article re: 225 on its website!

Zapatan May 12, 2012 2:37 AM

I have a feeling they'll go higher than 432 pk

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrNest (Post 5677094)
That small area is going to have a great collection of tall buildings in a few years. Will be nice to walk around there and see all the new additions so close to each other.

Not just tall... SUPERtall :D

RobertWalpole May 12, 2012 2:49 AM

I agree with you. this will be impressive.

NYguy May 14, 2012 12:44 PM

Maybe we'll get a spire out of this one...

babybackribs2314 May 14, 2012 2:40 PM

I think a spire would actually be somewhat likely here. Remember than even One57 has an architectural element that adds roughly 50 feet to its height, and Barnett isn't going to let CIM steal the show with 432 Park. I would think a roof height in the 1,250-1,400 range is likely but that a spire/some kind of architectural addition could take this to 1,500'+.

Roadcruiser1 May 14, 2012 3:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 (Post 5700309)
I think a spire would actually be somewhat likely here. Remember than even One57 has an architectural element that adds roughly 50 feet to its height, and Barnett isn't going to let CIM steal the show with 432 Park. I would think a roof height in the 1,250-1,400 range is likely but that a spire/some kind of architectural addition could take this to 1,500'+.

It all comes down to how much air rights this tower will have. Add a 400 foot spire/mast and it could reach 1,650 feet at least...

nickguar May 14, 2012 6:08 PM

I bet this will end up being the tallest in the city.

1Boston May 14, 2012 7:06 PM

Although i do wish that this will be as crazy high as people are saying, we are getting ahead of ourselves, but it is nice to dream. But 1250' is still huge.

Dac150 May 14, 2012 7:24 PM

I'm sure 432 Park will be watched very closely before any final specifications are decided on or announced.

No doubt though there is a lot of potential here for something really special.

nickguar May 14, 2012 7:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Boston (Post 5700626)
Although i do wish that this will be as crazy high as people are saying, we are getting ahead of ourselves, but it is nice to dream. But 1250' is still huge.

The reason I say what I say is, Gary Barnett seems like the kind of guy that, if given the opportunity, would want to develop the tallest building in the city.

Zapatan May 14, 2012 8:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Boston (Post 5700626)

The air rights go into the 1400's if I'm not mistaken, it was just stated the building would likely be "more than 1250 feet"

Crawford May 14, 2012 8:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 5700722)
The air rights go into the 1400's if I'm not mistaken, it was just stated the building would likely be "more than 1250 feet"

Air rights are separate from building heights. Air rights are just part of the overall allowable building envelope.

This site, BTW, has no building heights. Barnett can build as tall as he wants.

Zapatan May 15, 2012 4:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawford (Post 5700747)
Air rights are separate from building heights. Air rights are just part of the overall allowable building envelope.

This site, BTW, has no building heights. Barnett can build as tall as he wants.

My mistake, but good news, hopefully this building turns out to be NYC's highest

gramsjdg May 15, 2012 5:23 AM

If possible, Barnett should go for a roof height taller than Sears. Something surpassing 1500 ft (roof height) would be ideal. If it ends up being mixed use maybe even an obs. deck is a possibility...

1Boston May 15, 2012 5:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 5700722)

I'm not saying that the height is permanent, i'm just saying i doubt it will be the "tallest in the city", unless 1wtc does end up losing its 1776' height, then its very likely that it could be the tallest, which im all for.

Roadcruiser1 May 15, 2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramsjdg (Post 5701225)
If possible, Barnett should go for a roof height taller than Sears. Something surpassing 1500 ft (roof height) would be ideal. If it ends up being mixed use maybe even an obs. deck is a possibility...

This tower is most likely going to be residential which means all you said will not happen.

RobertWalpole May 18, 2012 1:08 AM

There is massive demand for this tower.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/18/re...d.html?_r=1&hp

Midtown Penthouse Is Sold for Most Ever in New York

By ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO

Published: May 17, 2012

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...REAL-popup.jpg

A mystery buyer has agreed to pay a record price in New York of more than $90 million for the duplex penthouse at a Midtown tower, the building’s developer said Thursday.

Gary Barnett, president of Extell Development Company, said the buyer, who declined to be named or to disclose his country of origin, bought the 10,923-square-foot penthouse on the 89th and 90th floors of One57, the building currently under construction at 157 West 57th Street.

The building, which features a Park Hyatt below the condominium units, will offer striking views of the southern end of Central Park and will be among New York’s tallest residential structures when it is completed next year. Since One57 opened for sales in December, about half of its 92 apartments have been sold, Mr. Barnett said.
While Mr. Barnett would not reveal the exact amount the buyer agreed to pay for the penthouse, citing a confidentiality agreement, he said it was less than $100 million. The price nevertheless tops the $88 million that a trust benefiting the daughter of a Russian billionaire, Dmitry Rybolovlev, paid this year for a penthouse at 15 Central Park West owned by the former Citigroup chairman Sanford I. Weill. Besides being a record sale for an apartment in Manhattan, that purchase also drew gasps for the record price paid per square foot: more than $13,000.

The One57 penthouse, which features 23-foot ceilings in a grand salon, traded for about $8,000 per square foot, Mr. Barnett said. He called the purchase by the Rybolovlevs, agreed to late last year, “not a good deal,” saying the market for superluxury properties in New York should be closer to $10,000 per square foot.

Foreign buyers, including Brazilians, Chinese and Russians, have been on a buying spree in New York and Miami in recent months, developers and brokers say. Russian and Ukrainian buyers have shown a particular willingness to pay top dollar for so-called trophy properties.

Mr. Barnett was quick to dispel any notion that the One57 penthouse was sold to a Russian, saying the buyer was not Russian, Ukrainian or from “any other part of the former Soviet Union.”

He described the buyer as a “very nice family” who plans to use the penthouse as a residence, and as “someone that people would recognize.” The sale had been a well-kept secret; the buyer agreed to buy the penthouse more than three months ago, he said, when the apartment was listed at $98.5 million — before Extell raised the asking price to $115 million to adjust for the market tumult caused by the 15 Central Park West sale.

Despite setting a record, the One57 penthouse did not crack the elusive $100 million barrier for a residence, which has not been broken either in New York or in Los Angeles. Mr. Barnett said he nearly broke it with a different apartment at One57.

Earlier this year, he said, a foreign buyer was “very, very seriously looking” at the “Winter Garden” unit, a duplex with a separate solarium totaling 13,500 square feet. The buyer was negotiating to buy that apartment and another full floor — a combination of floors 75 to 77 that would have been 20,000 square feet. The price would have been between $100 and $150 million, Mr. Barnett said.

He would not say why the deal fell through.

“I am hopeful we will break it one day,” he said of the $100 million barrier, “in this building or another one.”

Zapatan May 18, 2012 2:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 (Post 5701351)
This tower is most likely going to be residential which means all you said will not happen.

They should make it a mixed use so it can,

Plus 432 park ave. went very high and that's residential, but may just be an exception.