SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126473)

IconRPCV Aug 24, 2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerellO (Post 8291714)
I honestly wish they could’ve preserved the look of the tower :/ we’re getting another glass tower that look like everything else being built today. The old facade has that white and gold look to it.. it’s something that we’re gonna wish we preserved later in the long run and the next generation is gonna wonder what the hell we were thinking. They don’t build towers like that anymore.. so why destroy it?

i agree with you 100%

Steadfast Aug 26, 2018 6:30 AM

Lots of activity in East Village today...
First bug concrete poured at Bosa's Broadway & 7th site. I counted 25+ cement trucks lines up down the street.
Also saw a crane go up at the site behind Smart Corner.
Probably another due for that site soon

SDfan Aug 26, 2018 5:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steadfast (Post 8294101)
First bug concrete poured at Bosa's Broadway & 7th site. I counted 25+ cement trucks lines up down the street.

Just saw the crane at 11th and Broadway as well. That's Pinnacle's other twin tower complex.

joemamma Aug 26, 2018 5:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steadfast (Post 8294101)

Anyone know what is going up behind Smart Corner? That pit has been there for years with many projects thrown around. Is this still Park and C? 6 stories? or 36 stories?

mello Aug 26, 2018 9:15 PM

So to be clear cranes are up at the pinnacle site and the pit that has sat there for 2 years? Just confused thanks for clarifying. Glad to see that inactive site finally moving forward.

embora Aug 28, 2018 1:05 AM

There is a crane at 11th & Broadway (bound by 11th, Park, Broadway, and E Street).

There is no crane at the block bound by Park, 13th, C, and Broadway.

S.DviaPhilly Aug 29, 2018 6:25 PM

Couple little East Village Updates (From Last Week)

K1 (330 13th)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...pshehwe7ft.jpg

Pinnacle Phase II - The red is going up or as I like to say the ketchup to the mustard

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...psj0ahj9bk.jpg

spoonman Aug 30, 2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.DviaPhilly (Post 8297863)

Standard High Line NYC Anyone?

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=...q59yc9.jpg&f=1
Credit to architect.com

Streamliner Aug 30, 2018 5:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonman (Post 8298272)
Standard High Line NYC Anyone?

It's uncanny. Just stick K1 on stilts and shave off those balconies. I like the building, but hate that it took such a good location.

spoonman Aug 30, 2018 8:48 PM

What you said 100%.

PS: If you look close ours even has stilts too, albeit more subtle.

Nv_2897 Aug 31, 2018 12:03 AM

Savina looks almost finished (exterior wise)
https://i.imgur.com/GM4dI0U.jpg
Credit to Skyline Webcams

SDfan Aug 31, 2018 3:14 PM

Savina looks like a lego brick. Definitely lacks the elegance of Pacific Gateway. But whatevs.

joemamma Aug 31, 2018 4:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonman (Post 8299292)
What you said 100%.

PS: If you look close ours even has stilts too, albeit more subtle.

K1 was built with high line park in mind. I read in an article when project first announced. I'm not sure if that is what you are already referencing.

joemamma Aug 31, 2018 6:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by embora (Post 8295910)
There is a crane at 11th & Broadway (bound by 11th, Park, Broadway, and E Street).

There is no crane at the block bound by Park, 13th, C, and Broadway.

Regarding Park and C:

City did not approve plans for the 36-story tower and has asked the developer to address amount of parking spaces, or change plans. To date the developer has not submitted any amended plans to the City.

I guess it'll be a pond for at least another rainy season......

mello Aug 31, 2018 7:04 PM

So the developer wanted to build a 36 floor tower with very little parking, that's not going to fly. Funny how our whole society is falling apart due to parking, that will be the downfall of America not constructing our cities in such a matter where you don't need so much parking :haha: Then to build proper housing for our citizens parking makes the costs go up so much. Sad...

SDfan Aug 31, 2018 8:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joemamma (Post 8300265)
Regarding Park and C:

City did not approve plans for the 36-story tower and has asked the developer to address amount of parking spaces, or change plans. To date the developer has not submitted any amended plans to the City.

I guess it'll be a pond for at least another rainy season......

Do you know the source for this? There is an active debate on parking minimums and I'd like to share with peeps who are working on this.

SDCAL Sep 1, 2018 3:21 AM

Extending bar last call, but not in San Diego

While not directly related to development, I thought this is interesting and indirectly relates to downtown:

Senate Bill 905 would require the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control to conduct a pilot program to allow licensed businesses to sell alcohol until 4 am. Currently, the cut-off time is 2 am. The pilot program would start between January 1, 2021, and last until January 2, 2026. It would only cover in select cities: Sacramento, San Francisco, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Oakland, Palm Springs, and West Hollywood.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sacrame...ia-senate/amp/

I think it’s interesting that San Diego, the state’s second largest city and a huge tourist destination, is not included in the pilot.

The 2am last call is something I’ve heard many visitors from large cities like NYC and Miami complain about, and especially people from Europe where they don’t have this 2am last call.

It seems San Diego is being cast as the state’s bedroom community. A family-friendly destination for people looking to haul the kids into a mini-van and drive from Phoenix to visit theme parks, but definitely not a sophisticated international destination with world class nightlife. Even Sacramento is piloting this. I wonder why SD is left off? Perhaps our local politicians were against it?

spoonman Sep 1, 2018 5:16 AM

Just another way our city is content to let LA and SF (and even Sacramento) pass us by, when we should be leading the way in nightlife.

IconRPCV Sep 1, 2018 9:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonman (Post 8300811)
Just another way our city is content to let LA and SF (and even Sacramento) pass us by, when we should be leading the way in nightlife.

OMG I am so sick of everyone on this forum bitching about San Diego and how it is being left in the dust by every other city in the world. As a San Diegan who had to move to LA for work I just want to say, yea LA has a bunch of bigger buildings, but it is a huge mess. I know San Diego can seem provincial and I agree with almost all of your complaints about how NIMByism and endless regulations and lawsuits are holding the city back, especially the lawsuit against the Balboa Park's no car plaza project; that one really pisses me off. In spite off all this I would move back in a heart beat. Live someplace else for awhile and you will realize how much San Diego has and perhaps it is the way it is supposed to be.

Will O' Wisp Sep 1, 2018 9:51 PM

^This so damn much. I've lived in LA, OC, SF, nowhere even compares in livability to SD. SD's economy is still growing at a huge rate compared to just about anywhere else, there's plenty of new development, more than LA in some areas. The geography and economy of SD don't lend it to being a Tier 1 city like NYC, LA, or SF, better to concentrate on keeping on with being the absolute best Tier II city out there like SD already is than obsessing over trying to be something we're not.