SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   NASHVILLE | Development Showcase (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117104)

BnaBreaker Dec 31, 2020 8:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB0679 (Post 9145841)
Looks like the pandemic hasn't caused Nashville to miss a beat as far as construction goes which is good to see. Last week's explosion was terrible but at least there was no loss of innocent life. What impact is it having on downtown development in the vicinity of the blast?

I think it's too early to really tell, but so far people seem to be remaining optimistic about the future, and construction on on-going projects continues as planned. I think people, while rattled, are mostly aware that it was just a random one-off sort of event and that it shouldn't keep them away from enjoying the central city.

KB0679 Dec 31, 2020 1:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BnaBreaker (Post 9145851)
I think it's too early to really tell, but so far people seem to be remaining optimistic about the future, and construction on on-going projects continues as planned. I think people, while rattled, are mostly aware that it was just a random one-off sort of event and that it shouldn't keep them away from enjoying the central city.

Gotcha. Now that I think about it, I suppose that the explosion might have the same effect as cities that were affected the most by riots over the summer, more or less?

futuresooner Dec 31, 2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB0679 (Post 9145893)
Gotcha. Now that I think about it, I suppose that the explosion might have the same effect as cities that were affected the most by riots over the summer, more or less?

When a FBI news conference is interrupted by a damn tractor pulling a flat-bed with a drunk bachelorette party in tow, I think Nashville will be just fine.

Texcitement Dec 31, 2020 11:04 PM

Another $85 million apartment project downtown started today. Modera Gulch with 15 stories and 400 apartments on the southern rim of downtown. The city is booming. We will see a plan soon to restore Second Avenue.

MidTenn1 Jan 1, 2021 3:41 AM

:shrug:

KB0679 Jan 2, 2021 9:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futuresooner (Post 9146326)
When a FBI news conference is interrupted by a damn tractor pulling a flat-bed with a drunk bachelorette party in tow, I think Nashville will be just fine.

Touche.

MN/WI Jan 3, 2021 4:40 PM

What's the tallest building proposed and what's the actual tallest building being built.

Texcitement Jan 3, 2021 6:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN/WI (Post 9147941)
What's the tallest building proposed and what's the actual tallest building being built.

Nashville is not a tall city. CBD has over 50 buildings of 20+ stories.

U/C is the Four Seasons w/40 stories and 550' (third tallest in the city)
Honorable mention is the Conrad Hilton w 36 stories 420'

Proposals
Amazon 3 with 38-40 stories and around 600'
One most likely to rise soonest is 801 Church with 40 stories and 460'

Several others both U/C and proposed over 400'

MidTenn1 Jan 11, 2021 2:12 AM

A mashup of (almost) all the rising and proposed buildings over 12 floors. It is roughly to scale and in no particular order.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f8082d9f_c.jpg

:thrasher:

Plasticman Jan 12, 2021 4:36 AM

What’s with the diagram page?

Why does Nashville bother having a diagrams page? It hasn’t been updated properly in years. If every building finished, under construction, and about to start were added there’d probably be 400 footers into the second page or at least a lot of nearly 400 footers. I can’t believe nobody has even added the Four Seasons let alone the dozen other significant ones.

The ATX Jan 12, 2021 4:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plasticman (Post 9156963)
Why does Nashville bother having a diagrams page? It hasn’t been updated properly in years. If every building finished, under construction, and about to start were added there’d probably be 400 footers into the second page or at least a lot of nearly 400 footers. I can’t believe nobody has even added the Four Seasons let alone the dozen other significant ones.

This is a community supported forum. Feel free to add stuff instead of complaining about nobody else doing it for you. If you have stuff to add, access to do so can be given.

Plasticman Jan 13, 2021 3:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The ATX (Post 9156968)
This is a community supported forum. Feel free to add stuff instead of complaining about nobody else doing it for you. If you have stuff to add, access to do so can be given.

My question was an observation. Several years ago the Nashville diagrams page was updated while the buildings were only proposed. Then it kind of stopped with only 505 being added in recent history. I thought maybe something happened that stopped it.

MidTenn1 Jan 19, 2021 9:05 PM

An update on the ONE22ONE rising on Broadway in the Gulch District..

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...0e719633_c.jpg

An updated card...
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...b56e84fd_c.jpg

:thrasher:

BnaBreaker Jan 19, 2021 9:14 PM

Is it just me or is One22One going INCREEEEEEDIBLY slow?

Texcitement Jan 19, 2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BnaBreaker (Post 9164861)

It's a concrete skeleton which is slower than steel beam. Also, a lot of it was underground parking. So now that they're above ground it should appear to move more quickly. When they get past the ramps required for the parking levels, it will go even faster. I expect them to top out well before the end of the year.

cecilism Jan 19, 2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BnaBreaker (Post 9164861)

It's you.

The building has been under construction for only eight months.

BnaBreaker Jan 20, 2021 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texcitement (Post 9164950)
It's a concrete skeleton which is slower than steel beam. Also, a lot of it was underground parking. So now that they're above ground it should appear to move more quickly. When they get past the ramps required for the parking levels, it will go even faster. I expect them to top out well before the end of the year.

Ah that makes sense! Thank you for the helpful response.

MidTenn1 Jan 23, 2021 10:20 PM

The billion dollar, 15 acre Nashville Yards project looks to have revealed some major changes to the scope of the development with an intriguing

:thrasher: :drummer: :violin:

Dale Jan 24, 2021 3:12 PM

^ Is the entertainment component still in limbo ?

MidTenn1 Jan 24, 2021 7:00 PM

:shrug: