SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Downtown & City of Portland (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Albina Vision / Rose Quarter Redevelopment (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152548)

maccoinnich Jan 28, 2022 6:14 AM

The Design Commission is getting a briefing on the Albina Vision next week. Here's a memo and the supporting documents.

CorbinWarrick Feb 1, 2022 6:34 AM

Off topic but Mac is nextportland still active moving forward?

maccoinnich Feb 1, 2022 5:32 PM

I'm not sure

bvpcvm Feb 1, 2022 5:43 PM

You've done such a fantastic job, it would be a shame to see it go.

CorbinWarrick Feb 1, 2022 7:33 PM

It’s a great site would hate to see it go.. but I can imagine the time it takes.

maccoinnich Feb 15, 2022 8:45 PM

Presentation [200 MB] to the Design and Historic Landmarks Commissions.

maccoinnich Feb 16, 2022 12:25 AM

I think some of your questions might be answered by browsing through the larger package linked here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccoinnich (Post 9517128)
The Design Commission is getting a briefing on the Albina Vision next week. Here's a memo and the supporting documents.

It's worth noting that there are two buildings in the boundaries that are already in development, on parcels M [Albina One] and N [Analog] (ref also pages 6, 19 and 20 of the Site Data Appendix).

I think it's likely that the "Right of First Refusal" referenced in the presentation is Albina Vision Trust's right to buy the PPS Blanchard site, not a reference to who will live in the future developments. With that said, there are policies such as the N/NE Preference policy that are specifically designed to benefit people who have been displaced from N/NE Portland (very disproportionality Black people), while remaining in compliance with the Civil Rights Act.

Lastly... I really don't want to be in the position of moderating a politics forum, so can I ask everyone to please stick to comments that directly relate to this development?

maccoinnich May 27, 2022 4:12 PM

Design Advice Request notice for Albina One, North of 253 N Broadway.

maccoinnich Jun 10, 2022 4:02 PM

Albina One Drawings [9 - MB] and Memo to the Design Commission.

NOPO Jun 11, 2022 5:23 AM

Not a bad addition of density there. Wish it were a little taller, but so it goes.

PdX Farr Jun 13, 2022 5:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccoinnich (Post 9646369)
Albina One Drawings [9 - MB] and Memo to the Design Commission.

that parking lot to the north is MultCo parking overflow for their blanchard offices.

CorbinWarrick Jun 13, 2022 6:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOPO (Post 9647013)
Not a bad addition of density there. Wish it were a little taller, but so it goes.

No comment lol

NOPO Jun 13, 2022 7:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccoinnich (Post 9521315)
I'm not sure

I would hate to see nextportland end, but I understand if it’s not something you can keep up. Thanks for doing it as long as you did, if anything.

uncommon.name Jun 23, 2022 4:39 PM

Quote:

Latest renderings from Portland's Albina Vision
View a slideshow of the concept art for Albina Vision 2022.

Click here to view...

https://media.bizj.us/view/img/12287...-from-west.jpg
I would love to see this kind of density around the Rose Quarter.

CorbinWarrick Jun 24, 2022 5:12 PM

We have so many major projects to get off the ground let alone something like this. Would love to see it tho

MNTimberjack Jun 27, 2022 8:07 PM

One of my big vision ideas would be to repurpose the Coliseum as new main rail station/intermodal hub for Portland much in the vision of a European rail station. Passenger trains would no longer have to cross the Willamette River twice and the downtown rail tunnel could run directly below the station for quick and easy interchange. Part of this plan would be demolishing the Louis-Dreyfus grain silos in order to straighten out the track north of the Steel Bridge.

AdamUrbanist Jun 27, 2022 9:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNTimberjack (Post 9661334)
One of my big vision ideas would be to repurpose the Coliseum as new main rail station/intermodal hub for Portland much in the vision of a European rail station. Passenger trains would no longer have to cross the Willamette River twice and the downtown rail tunnel could run directly below the station for quick and easy interchange. Part of this plan would be demolishing the Louis-Dreyfus grain silos in order to straighten out the track north of the Steel Bridge.

Agree a rail/subway station in that area makes a lot of sense

maccoinnich Aug 30, 2022 8:18 PM

Notice of a Type II Proposal for Albina One

uncommon.name Sep 2, 2022 4:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccoinnich (Post 9716799)

Great looking building!


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.