SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Tempe Development Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96153)

TAZ4ate0 Sep 6, 2009 4:27 PM

^Right on! I have been wondering when that place was going to open. They have been working on it for several months. Its in a good location too...right across the street from the transit center, and not too far from the stadium.

Vicelord John Sep 6, 2009 4:50 PM

man, that place has been several bars and restaurants over the years. My favorite was Devil's Annex, which had $1 drafts every night from 8-12.

SunDevil Sep 6, 2009 7:00 PM

hmm, open up a "small" brewery near Four Peaks, good luck to them.

Tempe_Duck Sep 7, 2009 2:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunDevil (Post 4443169)

Four Peaks is actually helping them with a lot of things. With what exactly I don't know. Hopefully they will open on time, I will post more details when I know them.

Tempe_Duck Sep 10, 2009 1:23 AM

Quote:

Dozen new shops, eateries opening in downtown Tempe

6 comments by Dianna M. Náñez - Sept. 9, 2009 02:15 PM
The Arizona Republic

Suddenly, business is booming in downtown Tempe.

After months of enduring a growing number of shuttered businesses the area is seeing a comeback.

Along with the expected announcement Thursday of the "Mill Avenue Retail Contest" winner, Tempe is celebrating plans for about a dozen stores that include new restaurants, a bar, a café and other businesses.

Among those new businesses are The Irish Pub, an independently-owned bar, Five Guys, one of President Barack Obama's favorite hamburger joints in Washington, D.C., Jimmy John's, a sandwich store, Bright Horizons day care, Dave's Electric Brew, Spark Magazine, Vanity on Mill Salon, Suckerpunch Sally's Café and the reopening of Regions restaurant.

Nancy Hormann, president of the Downtown Tempe Community Inc. (DTC), the non-profit that manages downtown for area landowners, says the host of new businesses slated to open in the coming months are the result of efforts to revitalize downtown.

Specifically, she notes the attention the diverse entertainment, arts and cultural programming has brought to the area.

"I think it's a combination of opening the MADCAP (Mill Avenue District Community Arts Project), doing the retail contest . . . Market (on Mill) . . . (And) music . . . that's attracting retailers and people to downtown," she said. "We were absolutely amazed at our market opening, which was just a soft opening-we actually had vendors sell out."

Market on Mill is a joint venture by the DTC and the Phoenix Permaculture Guild that premiered last week with music, gardening classes and vendors and local growers or artists selling baked goods, canned foods and other items. The market is on Thursday nights in downtown Tempe and will have a grand opening celebration Oct. 15.

MADCAP, a theater that opened about three months ago downtown is also seeing increased film, music and entertainment bookings.

Foot traffic has increased downtown, Hormann said, since Thursdays on Mill began. The weekly event hosts musicians, poets, other artists, and now Market on Mill.

Bringing two independent businesses downtown, the winner and runner up of the Mill Avenue Retail Contest will bring more of a buzz to the area, she added.

"One of the thing that was very exciting is these concepts were so very much tailored to Mill Avenue," she said. "They entered this contest because they knew their concept was right for Mill."

More information: marketonmill.org/ and www.madcaptheaters.com/ and www.downtowntempe.com/Default.aspx.
Here is some great news about Mill and Downtown Tempe. Hopefully this is the beginning to a revitalized Mill and Downtown Tempe.

Jsmscaleros Sep 10, 2009 4:42 AM

Woooo - more places for me to stumble home from. Whip lounge just didn't cut it last weekend. I'll be at that new Irish place for sure. Speaking of Irish - for all who are interested, The Pogues are playing in October and they are fantastic. I hope one day the Ash/Farmer blocks will get filled in and really create a "district" feel moreso than just one great street. Places like Sail Inn are awesome, but are cut off from downtown by that barren space in between Farmer and Mill. Wootah, that's one heavily caffeinated post!

bwonger06 Sep 10, 2009 10:15 PM

Holy hell, we are getting a five guys! It is everywhere on the east coast and there burgers are freaking gigantic and fries are to die for. It will be interesting to see what time they are open until because the ones I know close relatively early (midnight at the latest) and this type of food is made to be for drunks (although fat burger is also on Mill so the competition is going to be off the charts).

oliveurban Sep 11, 2009 3:21 AM

Five Guys will be occupying the space formerly occupied by the old Coffee Plantation. It's being renovated right now.

For a fast food hamburger, Five Guys is one of the best.

HooverDam Sep 11, 2009 4:07 AM

It LIVES!!!!! The DOME OF THE DEAD RISES:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7587/dsc0165g.jpg
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6126/dsc0166wq.jpg
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4827/dsc0168fz.jpg
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4425/dsc0170a.jpg
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6150/dsc0172r.jpg

ciweiss Sep 11, 2009 11:00 AM

Great pics hoover - thanks. It is good to see some new businesses come in. There is way to many vacant spaces. In addition there is a lot of new buildings coming online with vacancies (eg Gateway/garage on 5th by the transit center etc) so it is good to see businesses moving in. It sounds like MADCAP is helping with the Centerpoint area. Hopefully something will happen with the towers for goodness sakes.

http://www.abc15.com/content/financi...8YFfZPiWQ.cspx

TEMPE, AZ – Despite tough economic times, over a dozen businesses are launching in the Mill Avenue area and all are holding a special sneak peek on Thursday to show off what they will be offering customers.

The sneak peek will start at 2 p.m. and will include all of the new businesses showcasing their products and offering samples or additional information.

Spark Magazine will display their latest issue, while Suckerpunch Sally’s will exhibit one of their custom motorcycles and speak about their 24-hour café with a donut buffet.

According to a City of Tempe news release, the launches are a combination of businesses that have chosen Tempe as their new location and winners of the Mill Avenue Retail Competition, in which the winners received a year of free rent with three-year lease and a free one-year-membership from the Tempe Chamber of Commerce.

"We are excited about all of our new businesses that are adding to the great destination that is the Mill Avenue District,” said Nancy Hormann, the Downtown Tempe Community Executive Director. “Both those that won our contest and those who independently chose to make Tempe their business home."

Tempe has been named one of the top ten places in the country to start a new business by Entrepreneur and BusinessWeek magazines, according to city officials.

The new businesses include:

The Irish Pub
Five Guys
Jimmy Johns
Bright Horizons Daycare
Smashburger
Dave's Electric Brew
Suckerpunch Sally's Cafe
Spark Magazine
Sea Life
Regions
Total Wine & More
Vanity on Mill
Pancheros

TAZ4ate0 Sep 11, 2009 3:44 PM

Thanks for the pics Hoover. I knew that dome would rise from the dead eventually. Where is it exactly? From your pics, I would guess it is somewhere around the Vista Del Sol apartments/dorms on Apache?

nickkoto Sep 12, 2009 3:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsmscaleros (Post 4448506)
I hope one day the Ash/Farmer blocks will get filled in and really create a "district" feel moreso than just one great street. Places like Sail Inn are awesome, but are cut off from downtown by that barren space in between Farmer and Mill.

I'd bet the area between Mill & College gets filled in first. I'm sure Centerpoint will get finished at some point, but aside from that, there's already a lot more existing foot traffic on the east side of Mill (even between the dirt lots around 7th and Myrtle), and less railroad noise to deal with.

mwadswor Sep 12, 2009 7:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickkoto (Post 4452122)
I'd bet the area between Mill & College gets filled in first. I'm sure Centerpoint will get finished at some point, but aside from that, there's already a lot more existing foot traffic on the east side of Mill (even between the dirt lots around 7th and Myrtle), and less railroad noise to deal with.

I half agree. There's already plenty of stuff between Mill and Ash and I think that area will continue to develop, but you're right, I just don't see that development extending across the railroad tracks anytime soon. I think the whole area between Ash and College is going to see some major development sooner than later. A lot of the mega projects like University Square may have fallen through, but they did succeed in clearing a lot of area and assembling some very large land parcels that are now relatively cheap due to the market. Mill may be slumping for now, but ASU students and football games combined with Tempe's central location in the valley and emphasis on transit connectivity are just too big an economic draw for Mill to stay down.

NIXPHX77 Sep 12, 2009 9:58 PM

Great find Hoover. Where has the dome landed? it looks like Gamera.

HooverDam Sep 12, 2009 10:25 PM

^its at the Vista Del Sol apartment complex which is on the South side of Apache, just West of Rural. Sadly you can't see it from the street, its hidden by the buildings, but if you go into the visitor parking area you can check it out. The shade area that it will be a part of is under construction as you can see, but it should be cool.

Jsmscaleros Sep 13, 2009 4:08 AM

I noticed that dome when I was riding my bike through the area checking out the new freshm- er, buildings. I, too, am disappointed it is not in a more visible location.

Leo the Dog Sep 13, 2009 1:13 PM

While the dome is pretty cool, I'm glad to see the building it used to sit atop is gone.

Rural/Apache now has a nice urban feel to it.

TAZ4ate0 Sep 13, 2009 4:29 PM

^The area around Rural and Apache, and Apache between Rural and Mill Ave., has really changed for the better in the past few years.

edit: Now, if we can get all of the new retail spaces filled along that stretch, that would be sweet.

AJphx Sep 14, 2009 5:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempe_Duck (Post 4442883)
one of their girlfriends is opening a brewery in the building at the corner of College and 5th. Took a tour of the place, kinda small but it should be a nice place. It going to be called Dave's Electric and they are looking to open on Sept 18.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunDevil

and its not the only one, there is another brewery setting up near mcclintock and university, called Sleepy Dog Brewery.

Tempe_Duck Sep 14, 2009 4:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJphx (Post 4454938)
and its not the only one, there is another brewery setting up near mcclintock and university, called Sleepy Dog Brewery.

What building are they going into? It's not the big red barn, can't remember what that was before?

TAZ4ate0 Sep 14, 2009 5:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempe_Duck (Post 4455329)
What building are they going into? It's not the big red barn, can't remember what that was before?

The big red barn at University and McClintock was Minder-Binders. It was a cool place to hangout.

Tempe_Duck Sep 14, 2009 6:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAZ4ate0 (Post 4455376)
The big red barn at University and McClintock was Minder-Binders. It was a cool place to hangout.

YES, thats it. I remember hearing some place that it is so far out of code now, that it would be cheaper to raze it and build something new rather than repair it? Do you know if this is true?

TAZ4ate0 Sep 14, 2009 8:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempe_Duck (Post 4455528)
YES, thats it. I remember hearing some place that it is so far out of code now, that it would be cheaper to raze it and build something new rather than repair it? Do you know if this is true?

Can't say for sure. It wouldn't surprise me though if that old place is way out of code.

SunDevil Sep 15, 2009 1:43 AM

There is a strip mall at the SE corner of McClintock and University. I used to buy my liquor there at AAA, the guys who worked there would smoke me up once in a while.

Wouldn't surprise me if they moved in there somewhere, there also is an empty lot immediately to the W of the McDonalds there.

bwonger06 Sep 17, 2009 5:59 PM

Can we say finally?

Centerpoint developer seeking Chapter 7

Quote:

Phoenix Business Journal - by Jan Buchholz

Print Email Reprints RSS Feeds Add to Del.icio.us Digg This Comments (1)

The motion to convert from a Chapter 11 reorganization to Chapter 7 liquidation was filed Sept. 15.

" The impact of the Motion is that the bankruptcy will be put into the control of a trustee, who will decide how to proceed," said a statement from Tempe Land. "The adverse financial markets, ongoing conflicts, and continuing costs contributed to the decision."

The high profile project has been at a standstill since summer 2008 when developers were unable to obtain the estimated $75 million in additional funding needed to complete the $200 million residential and retail project.

The situation became even more dire when the project’s primary lender, Mortgages Ltd., filed for Chapter 11 in mid-summer after the suicide of its founder and sole shareholder Scott Coles. Mortgages Ltd. since emerged from bankruptcy and is under new leadership headed by former state land Commissioner Mark Winkleman. When he spoke recently with the Phoenix Business Journal, Winkleman said the firm would work out new agreements with its borrowers or, if necessary, file foreclosure proceedings on properties secured by the promissory notes the borrowers signed.

Late Wednesday Winkleman said the filing was not a surprise. Tempe Land Co. was supposed to file a reorganization plan by Tuesday, prospect Winkleman said is unlikely. "It certainly wasn't obvious to us what kind of reorganization plan they could have."

The unpaid principal on the Mortgages Ltd. loan, he said, is $135 million. "There's no way that property is worth anywhere close to $135 million." Winkleman said the property presumably will now be sold and Mortgages Ltd. will assert its lien rights.

Court documents filed by Engelman Berger P.C. to convert the case to Chapter 7 said: “Despite diligent efforts by the debtor, a consensual reorganization has proved unattainable.”

Tempe Land's statement went on to say: "Tempe Land Co. is confident that with this action, resolution of the property’s ownership can occur quickly so that construction can be recommenced and finished on the stalled Centerpoint project."

combusean Sep 22, 2009 6:34 AM

A photo tour of the Centerpoint towers:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryno/se...7604008534166/

mwadswor Sep 22, 2009 8:41 PM

I was at ASU today and noticed that they finally put up some meters for those parallel parking spaces along Apache. Does anyone know the story on those? Have they been in for a while and I'm just dense? There are hours on them, but I saw a cop drive by and ignore that fact that every one of the meters was timed out, so I'm assuming they're not enforcing those yet? Any idea when they're going to start?

As a motorcycle rider who always gets a free space right next to campus I vote boo, but as a general citizen it's probably a good thing.

Speaking of motorcycles in those spaces. Is it common in other cities for motorcycles to double park with cars in parallel parking spots like they do in those along Apache? Is that actually legal, or do the cops just ignore it? If they do that in other cities (or even if they don't, if you know), what happens once the meters go in? Does the double parking have to stop or do the motorcycles just get a free spot as long as the car driver paid the meter already?

TAZ4ate0 Sep 22, 2009 9:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwadswor (Post 4468879)
I was at ASU today and noticed that they finally put up some meters for those parallel parking spaces along Apache. Does anyone know the story on those? Have they been in for a while and I'm just dense? There are hours on them, but I saw a cop drive by and ignore that fact that every one of the meters was timed out, so I'm assuming they're not enforcing those yet? Any idea when they're going to start?

As a motorcycle rider who always gets a free space right next to campus I vote boo, but as a general citizen it's probably a good thing.

Speaking of motorcycles in those spaces. Is it common in other cities for motorcycles to double park with cars in parallel parking spots like they do in those along Apache? Is that actually legal, or do the cops just ignore it? If they do that in other cities (or even if they don't, if you know), what happens once the meters go in? Does the double parking have to stop or do the motorcycles just get a free spot as long as the car driver paid the meter already?

I don't know the story behind the meters or when enforcement is to take effect. What I can say is that they have only been installed for about 3 weeks. I live just off Apache, and pass by them every day. I was quite surprised that the city installed meters along there. I guess it is a sign of the times, and it's an attempt to collect more revenue.

Vicelord John Sep 22, 2009 10:10 PM

I don't know if I forgot to press submit on my last post or if it got deleted.

I park my bike on sidewalks in tempe and downtown and have never had an issue. I also share parking spots with strangers cars. Just one of the perks of having a bike. Enjoy it.

nickkoto Sep 23, 2009 5:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwadswor (Post 4468879)

The city has full-time parking enforcement personnel. You probably won't ever see a cop get out of a squad car to write parking tickets in Tempe.

SethAZ Sep 26, 2009 4:56 AM

Not surprised to read this...
http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoen...28/story2.html

At least Dave's Dog House didn't get razed.

That area from Mill to College and University to 5th/Veterans Way could be such a cool little pocket of dense, urban living. Tempe will continue to screw up that area though by tearing it all down and building nothing.

I remember being angry at the owner of Dave's when he put up a fight and wouldn't leave (when I had visions of high rises being built there.) Now I just want to go thank him for standing his ground.

nickkoto Sep 26, 2009 7:50 AM

^
I can't say that I'm upset about a convention center not being there. There's already quite a few places of various size on campus if some school-related functions were in need of a venue, whether it's related to recruitment or maybe research being done on campus, and no matter what building they put there, I don't think the present site of Dave's Doghouse could realistically ever be in the mix when it comes time for the plumber's union to decide where they're next convention will be held.

Tempe_Duck Sep 26, 2009 9:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickkoto (Post 4475705)
^
I can't say that I'm upset about a convention center not being there. There's already quite a few places of various size on campus if some school-related functions were in need of a venue, whether it's related to recruitment or maybe research being done on campus, and no matter what building they put there, I don't think the present site of Dave's Doghouse could realistically ever be in the mix when it comes time for the plumber's union to decide where they're next convention will be held.

I am actually upset at the owner of Dave's Dog house. Not to mention they are over priced, and not that good hot dogs. I would much rather go to Ted's. But his refusal to come to an agreement almost single handily killed that entire block. If he agreed like everybody else, construction would be done by now with tenants moving in long ago. He came across as a money hungry SOB. I can't find it in my self to side with him.

Vicelord John Sep 26, 2009 10:12 AM

Casey moores sucks

SethAZ Sep 26, 2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

originally posted by Tempe_Duck
I am actually upset at the owner of Dave's Dog house. Not to mention they are over priced, and not that good hot dogs. I would much rather go to Ted's. But his refusal to come to an agreement almost single handily killed that entire block. If he agreed like everybody else, construction would be done by now with tenants moving in long ago. He came across as a money hungry SOB. I can't find it in my self to side with him.
I used to think the same thing, now I don't. Had he agreed to being bullied by the city, they would have torn down the entire block, and the project would never have gone forward anyways. Then we'd just have a big empty dirt lot.
That Dave's has high prices isn't the point. (although I do agree.) It's about having value and reasons to be in town. All that vacant, unused land is depressing.

mwadswor Sep 26, 2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SethAZ (Post 4476481)
I used to think the same thing, now I don't. Had he agreed to being bullied by the city, they would have torn down the entire block, and the project would never have gone forward anyways. Then we'd just have a big empty dirt lot.
That Dave's has high prices isn't the point. (although I do agree.) It's about having value and reasons to be in town. All that vacant, unused land is depressing.

I think the point is that that land wouldn't be vacant now if Dave's had left. He sat there for years holding up a project that would have been a major benefit to the city. If he had left with everyone else that project could have been built before the economy crashed.

Tempe_Duck Sep 27, 2009 3:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwadswor (Post 4476531)
I think the point is that that land wouldn't be vacant now if Dave's had left. He sat there for years holding up a project that would have been a major benefit to the city. If he had left with everyone else that project could have been built before the economy crashed.

Yes, that is exactly where I am coming from.

On a side note, does anyone know the status of the hotel that was scheduled to go across from the Transit Station? They built the parking garage but nothing since then.

HX_Guy Sep 27, 2009 4:30 AM

Quote:

Tempe’s University Square project, others in jeopardy
Phoenix Business Journal - by Jan Buchholz

An ambitious plan to build a $200 million, 1 million-square-foot mixed-use convention center and hotel in Tempe looks to be dead, and several other projects there are struggling to get off the ground or be completed or leased.

The property where the University Square project was to be built a few steps away from City Hall is facing foreclosure auction.

Lender Stearns Bank filed the notice of trustee sale with the Maricopa County Recorder’s Office last month on several parcels north of University Drive between Forest and Myrtle avenues, adjacent to Arizona State University.

The borrower, University Square Investors LLC, is headed by veteran Valley developer Jim Riggs, president of [CompanyWatch allows you to receive email alerts with stories related to your companies of interest. <p>You can watch up to ten companies at a time.</p>] Saxa Inc.

TAZ4ate0 Sep 27, 2009 2:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempe_Duck (Post 447676)

On a side note, does anyone know the status of the hotel that was scheduled to go across from the Transit Station? They built the parking garage but nothing since then.

Last I heard is that it is on hold until financing can be secured.

AJphx Oct 4, 2009 3:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempe_Duck (Post 4455329)

they (sleepy dog brewery) are on university a little ways east of mcclintock, its in one of those light-industry/office style strips along the street.

ciweiss Oct 10, 2009 11:57 PM

It appears as though Tempe now has a daily farmers market:

http://www.urbanrealtyaz.com/Blog/Do...empe_YES!.html

Sweeeeet.

Also seems like a good Pizza coupon special under the coupon section. I have not been to Tessios but it seems like a good deal. XLarge for 6.99 takeout. Anybody been there?

nickkoto Oct 17, 2009 1:29 AM

I went to that farmer's market this afternoon. I guess it wasn't too bad, but the produce selection was lacking. Until they can get it dialed in a little more, I don't think it's a place where one would depend on it for everyday needs. But it's a good place to go and check out and see what they have.

I think their rye bread I bought was damn good and pretty cheap, like half what you'd pay for an Orowheat loaf at the supermarket. But they have like 20 different kinds of local salsa and they're all $5+ for a small bottle. They also have some locally-sourced meats (all of it seemed pork-based), but I didn't buy any of it. It was all in a freezer and kind of pricy.

It's worth a visit if you're in the area, probably not something to drive across town for.

Tempe_Duck Oct 17, 2009 8:05 AM

Dave's Electric is now open. The micro brew located at 5th and College if your going to the ASU game tomorrow you should check it out.

nickkoto Oct 17, 2009 9:52 AM

^
Did they finish it today?

I literally walked past Dave's this afternoon to get to that light rail station and it definitely wasn't open yet. Some of the contractors were drinking some Cokes and smoking cigarettes on their patio, and they had the TVs on, but it wasn't quite finished inside and it looked like they still needed a few days.

Tempe_Duck Oct 17, 2009 5:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickkoto (Post 4509339)
^

I literally walked past Dave's this afternoon to get to that light rail station and it definitely wasn't open yet. Some of the contractors were drinking some Cokes and smoking cigarettes on their patio, and they had the TVs on, but it wasn't quite finished inside and it looked like they still needed a few days.

Hmmmm....I was on the Orbit when I drove by and saw people at the bar with TVs on and a bartender. I just assumed it was open. I will have to talk to Christina (the owner) today at the tailgate. If she is there, she might be running the place. Either way I'll figure it out and report back.

TAZ4ate0 Oct 17, 2009 5:50 PM

Was anyone aware that redevelopment of the Mill has begun? At last! I was beginning to wonder if I would even see it redeveloped in my lifetime or even my children's (if I had any) lifetime. :yes:

Click on the link for the full article.

Quote:

http://www.statepress.com/node/8460

Hayden mill redevelopment begins

a new legacy: A $500 million renovation is beginning at the Hayden Flour Mill on Tempe’s Mill Avenue, beginning with a five-story glass building that will be constructed on the east side and on top of the mill. Developers says they want to modernize the mill while preserving its historical significance.

bwonger06 Oct 18, 2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAZ4ate0 (Post 4509645)
Was anyone aware that redevelopment of the Mill has begun? At last! I was beginning to wonder if I would even see it redeveloped in my lifetime or even my children's (if I had any) lifetime. :yes:

Click on the link for the full article.

I personally think this is very poor reporting by State Press. The developer Avenue Communities, the development arm of tempe land co., is in deep shit and tethering on the brink of complete bankruptcy.

This project isnt on the table at this point.

TAZ4ate0 Oct 18, 2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwonger06 (Post 4510074)
I personally think this is very poor reporting by State Press. The developer Avenue Communities, the development arm of tempe land co., is in deep shit and tethering on the brink of complete bankruptcy.

This project isnt on the table at this point.

Yeah. I am thinking the same. The owners are in deep financial trouble, and I really haven't seen anything going on around the mill. So, I am wondering why the State Press even ran this story, as it is not really any new earth shattering news. I was just wondering if something is really going on, as in are they ready to move forward, or if this is simply a fluff piece.

ciweiss Oct 18, 2009 7:06 AM

yeah - I'm not holding my breath on that one. Nor much of anything these days. There is an in depth article on the Centerpoint condos in New Times this week. It is an interesting in depth read. Kinda depressing really. It is nice they are redeveloping some of Mill ave. buildings. That is nice to see.

Tempe_Duck Oct 18, 2009 5:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickkoto (Post 4509339)
^

I went there after the game last night, yesterday was their first full opening. So we just saw employees sitting around that day. Their beer is good. The Electric and the IPA is what I had last night. Check it out.