SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   [Halifax] Richmond Yards | ^88 m | 30 fl | U/C (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223647)

Ziobrop Jun 23, 2016 1:43 AM

[Halifax] Richmond Yards | ^88 m | 30 fl | U/C
 
Westwood held an open house tonight for their proposed Midtown North development at the corner of Robie and Almon. - feedback site is available at http://wspengage.com/midtown-north
Here are some shots of the Display Boards
http://65.media.tumblr.com/a7952f116...slyo2_1280.jpg

http://67.media.tumblr.com/2e97dcaf6...slyo1_1280.jpg

http://65.media.tumblr.com/58dceabd8...slyo3_1280.jpg

http://67.media.tumblr.com/a10add864...slyo4_1280.jpg

Keith P. Jun 23, 2016 12:43 PM

That is a pretty ambitious project. Not sure if I like it or not.

Drybrain Jun 23, 2016 1:23 PM

I'll want to see more street-level renderings, but it's a lot better than what's there now.

JET Jun 23, 2016 1:34 PM

I' glad that the four buildings north of St. Albans would remain.

Phalanx Jun 23, 2016 1:40 PM

Overall I like it. The tower designs, if they end up anything like the concept, will be interesting and relatively unique to the area.

There's nothing there of any real historical or architectural significance, so no losses. It would bring a lot more people and modern, functional commercial space to the area. Seems like a big net improvement if it happens.

worldlyhaligonian Jun 23, 2016 4:08 PM

Wow. Perfect for the area, especially the corner Robie and Allan!

Build it!

scryer Jun 25, 2016 12:04 AM

I'm curious about the materials that will be used on the exterior. Looks good though!

Duff Jun 28, 2016 12:40 PM

http://66.media.tumblr.com/150b38cbc...1ato3_1280.jpg

http://67.media.tumblr.com/29e6c938a...1ato4_1280.jpg

http://66.media.tumblr.com/6b33e8d23...1ato5_1280.jpg

http://66.media.tumblr.com/df51b0ab7...1ato6_1280.jpg

terrynorthend Jun 28, 2016 7:59 PM

"Sailor Hairy's Beard Oil" lol

eastcoastal Jun 28, 2016 8:03 PM

The "Gladstone Stairs" look fun (and not like the Killer (TM) type). I hope they don't get value-engineered out.

Keith P. Jun 28, 2016 8:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastcoastal (Post 7488671)
The "Gladstone Stairs" look fun (and not like the Killer (TM) type). I hope they don't get value-engineered out.

No doubt that the Cycling Coalition will claim they are not friendly to bicycles and demand they be replaced by an overhead ramp at millions of dollars in cost.

IanWatson Jun 29, 2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith P. (Post 7488718)
No doubt that the Cycling Coalition will claim they are not friendly to bicycles and demand they be replaced by an overhead ramp at millions of dollars in cost.

Easy fix:

http://cdn.instructables.com/FW1/8D8...XI9A.LARGE.jpg

portapetey Jun 29, 2016 1:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanWatson (Post 7489279)

I'd love to see the "fail videos" recorded when people on bikes try to ride down that. I'm wincing as I type.

Jonovision May 30, 2017 4:00 PM

Has anyone heard anything regarding this development lately?
It never made it into the queue before the Centre Plan comes into affect from what I understand.

IanWatson May 31, 2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by portapetey (Post 7489332)
I'd love to see the "fail videos" recorded when people on bikes try to ride down that. I'm wincing as I type.

Just in case that wasn't a joke... you're not supposed to ride down it. It just makes it easier to walk your bike up or down the stairs.

And yeah, I think this development is wrapped up in Centre Plan. Westwood has pretty vocal a little while back about the Centre Plan height map on this site.

Keith P. May 31, 2017 12:55 PM

So replace all those nice building renderings with a bunch of these:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.65590...7i13312!8i6656

IanWatson May 31, 2017 2:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith P. (Post 7820489)
So replace all those nice building renderings with a bunch of these:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.65590...7i13312!8i6656

No. The Midtown North area is part of the Young Street Centre, so heights can go much higher. Most of the Midtown North block is in the 11-15 storeys category in the most recent draft.

jslath Jun 3, 2017 1:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanWatson (Post 7820454)
Just in case that wasn't a joke... you're not supposed to ride down it. It just makes it easier to walk your bike up or down the stairs.

And yeah, I think this development is wrapped up in Centre Plan. Westwood has pretty vocal a little while back about the Centre Plan height map on this site.

These are common in Ottawa, along the Rideau Canal, and I'd wager that the majority of people try riding down them for fun, LOL.

Ethan_Ainsworth May 31, 2018 5:38 PM

What is the current status of this project? It's been nearly a year since the last post on this tread.

Keith P. May 31, 2018 7:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan_Ainsworth (Post 8205786)
What is the current status of this project? It's been nearly a year since the last post on this tread.

Guessing it is bogged down in the unapproved Centre Plan. HRM knows how to mess up proposed development like few other places do.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.