SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//index.php)
-   General Development (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   PHILADELPHIA | Lowrise/General Developments Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum//showthread.php?t=160247)

Raja Oct 23, 2020 3:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgrath618 (Post 9082315)
The Bridget Foy's development was mostly done the last time I was on South St.

Apropos to Bridget Foy's, the long-awaited Head House Square redevelopment (also Ambit) finally got underway earlier this year. It's been coming along steadily for several months now.

mcgrath618 Oct 23, 2020 7:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redddog (Post 9083070)
The original structure burned down.

What a shame! I had no idea!

I suppose this is probably the best outcome though.

3rd&Brown Oct 23, 2020 7:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardeza (Post 9082550)
I really wasnt familiar with this project, but it is major. 900 units if fully built out on the river

https://www.phillymag.com/property/2...hbank-profile/

I put a deposit on one of these opening weekend.

I'm hedging that my work from home situation is going to be semi-permanent or that at most I'll have to be in NY 2-3 days a week for work post-Covid.

It's a bit of a random location but the concept is awesome and the developers have a history of executing. I think it has the potential to be really special.

El Duderino Oct 24, 2020 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown (Post 9083424)
I put a deposit on one of these opening weekend.

I'm hedging that my work from home situation is going to be semi-permanent or that at most I'll have to be in NY 2-3 days a week for work post-Covid.

It's a bit of a random location but the concept is awesome and the developers have a history of executing. I think it has the potential to be really special.

these places are really nice and i’ve had similar discussions of “river and skyline view would be nice at this price point”. the lack of walkable retail would be my main draw back, but by the time this is done it will likely be drastically different. did you go to the sales office?

3rd&Brown Oct 24, 2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Duderino (Post 9083800)
these places are really nice and i’ve had similar discussions of “river and skyline view would be nice at this price point”. the lack of walkable retail would be my main draw back, but by the time this is done it will likely be drastically different. did you go to the sales office?

Yes. I had an appointment at the sales office.

Retail is included on ground floor of the 2 multi-family buildings and it's honestly not that far from Girard Avenue in Fishtown. I expect at least a cool coffee shop and a restaurant to open there in the retail component.

For me, the location actually sold it. It's literally across from an on-ramp to 95 Northbound. I work in the World Trade Center in NYC. If I had to do the commute 2-3 days a week (which I already know won't start until July of 2021) then I pop across the street, drive to the Trenton train station (25 minutes), hop on an Amtrak there and get off at Newark Penn (35 minutes), then walk across the platform to the PATH to the WTC. That's about a 20 minute ride and the train goes into the bottom of my building at the Oculus.

Door to door it has the potential to be an hour and 20 minute commute for me. Which is not terrible if you're not doing it every day. And at this point, I might just keep a room in NYC in the event I want to crash and not come back for a night or crash with friends for 1 night a week to lighten the load of the commute.

eixample Oct 24, 2020 12:58 PM

Sounds ideal for your situation. And I'm assuming you already confirmed that they'll be burying their utility wires...?

summersm343 Oct 24, 2020 3:52 PM

Apartments Could Replace Surface Lot Near Painted Bride

Current site:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/wp-content/...0/IMG_5318.jpg

Renderings:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/wp-content/...0.45.15-AM.png

New building directly next door:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/wp-content/...0/IMG_5630.jpg

Read more here:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...-painted-bride

TonyTone Oct 24, 2020 4:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eixample (Post 9084024)
sounds ideal for your situation. And i'm assuming you already confirmed that they'll be burying their utility wires...?

lmfao

summersm343 Oct 24, 2020 5:50 PM

Festival Pier Redevelopment

A ton of renderings on the architects website. This project is going to be awesome when completed. Link here:
https://www.bernardon.com/project/fe...x=buildingtype

DeltaNerd Oct 24, 2020 7:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summersm343 (Post 9084229)
Festival Pier Redevelopment

A ton of renderings on the architects website. This project is going to be awesome when completed. Link here:
https://www.bernardon.com/project/fe...x=buildingtype

That is amazing if developed. Plus more bigger sidewalks coming to the area? Its pretty tight now with all the runners. After years of a dead water front, so glad to see so much investment

cardeza Oct 24, 2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eixample (Post 9084024)
Sounds ideal for your situation. And I'm assuming you already confirmed that they'll be burying their utility wires...?


I sure hope so, otherwise how can anyone be expected to live there?

3rd&Brown Oct 25, 2020 1:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eixample (Post 9084024)
Sounds ideal for your situation. And I'm assuming you already confirmed that they'll be burying their utility wires...?

Yes. It will be lovely to live in a neighborhood with clean streets (900 house HOA) and no above ground wires.

All that for $165/MO. Includes private trash pickup and grounds maintenance.

My taxes on the Northern Liberties house have tripled in 10 years and still the city can't find $18MM a year for street cleaning.

ScreamShatter Oct 25, 2020 3:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown (Post 9084634)
Yes. It will be lovely to live in a neighborhood with clean streets (900 house HOA) and no above ground wires.

All that for $165/MO. Includes private trash pickup and grounds maintenance.

My taxes on the Northern Liberties house have tripled in 10 years and still the city can't find $18MM a year for street cleaning.

Well said. Many of us feel the exact same way.

eixample Oct 25, 2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown (Post 9084634)
Yes. It will be lovely to live in a neighborhood with clean streets (900 house HOA) and no above ground wires.

All that for $165/MO. Includes private trash pickup and grounds maintenance.

My taxes on the Northern Liberties house have tripled in 10 years and still the city can't find $18MM a year for street cleaning.

Well, I pay a $0/mo HOA, have (free?) city sanitation pick-up, and live on a super clean block with street trees. But I also pay a bit more in taxes than $165 per month. Anyway, hope it works out for you.

allovertown Oct 26, 2020 2:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eixample (Post 9084941)
Well, I pay a $0/mo HOA, have (free?) city sanitation pick-up, and live on a super clean block with street trees. But I also pay a bit more in taxes than $165 per month. Anyway, hope it works out for you.

Do you have buried powerlines though? If you have to look at a powerline, you might as well kill yourself.

3rd&Brown Oct 26, 2020 2:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allovertown (Post 9085088)
Do you have buried powerlines though? If you have to look at a powerline, you might as well kill yourself.

Low ambition is the hallmark of a native Philadelphian.

3rd&Brown Oct 26, 2020 2:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eixample (Post 9084941)
Well, I pay a $0/mo HOA, have (free?) city sanitation pick-up, and live on a super clean block with street trees. But I also pay a bit more in taxes than $165 per month. Anyway, hope it works out for you.

You're the exception.

allovertown Oct 26, 2020 5:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown (Post 9085320)
Low ambition is the hallmark of a native Philadelphian.

Correlating one's level of ambition with how much they care about powerlines is the hallmark of an insane person.

Knight Hospitaller Oct 26, 2020 5:51 PM

^ You often make cogent arguments, but the inability to refrain from ad hominem attacks is the hallmark of something too.

TonyTone Oct 26, 2020 6:02 PM

I know we are all still not upset about the power line debate. cmon y'all we got more important matters at hand.


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.