SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Buildings & Architecture (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=397)
-   -   PHILADELPHIA | Comcast Technology Center | 1,121 FT | 60 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209240)

TechTalkGuy Jan 12, 2018 12:45 AM

With the warm temperatures, I fully expect the spire to be complete tomorrow.

No excuses, just execution and results!! :tup:

Jawnadelphia Jan 12, 2018 2:40 PM

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram...48898048_n.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd0yly_A...augmented_arts

iheartphilly Jan 12, 2018 2:45 PM

Wow. Nice find...and a sick angle on the shot. Kudos to whomever took this one. You can see the HVAC systems on each side lantern. Also, see the translucent lantern panels laying there as well :cheers:

Gonzo the Great Jan 12, 2018 4:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iheartphilly (Post 8044582)
Wow. Nice find...and a sick angle on the shot. Kudos to whomever took this one. You can see the HVAC systems on each side lantern. Also, see the translucent lantern panels laying there as well :cheers:

WOW........ Just plane wow ..... :tup:

Knight Hospitaller Jan 12, 2018 5:02 PM

That's a great shot. The cladding on the cooling towers doesn't look bad up close. You can't see that from the ground, however.

Raymond LuxuryYacht Jan 12, 2018 6:07 PM

It looks like there is an additional structure on top of the lantern which gives it some additional height. I wish the camera would have panned a little more to the left to be sure.

TechTalkGuy Jan 12, 2018 6:40 PM

This progress is more exciting than the Eagles. :)

JohnIII Jan 12, 2018 8:02 PM

This building has really good presence. At night the office portion of the building can be seen really bright but the hotel portion looks dim; I'm not sure if this I because they haven't installed interior lights in the upper portion of the building yet but it bring a concern.

Since the upper portion of the building is a hotel and the lighting will be different as oppose to the office portion; how will that affect the lighting of the entire building?

Will the exterior lighting of the entire building allow for the building to appear as one structure or will the difference in lighting from the interior of the building make the building appear as two separate and distinct structures? From the east and west views of the city this will not be as much of a problems from them the north and south which has the most expanded of the skyline it can have an affect that will be pretty interesting!

Sun Belt Jan 12, 2018 8:24 PM

The Phila. skyline never gets old.

jonesrmj Jan 12, 2018 10:15 PM

You want to know something that I've always imagined would be cool for a city would be if they made ziplines that went from building to building. So imagine ziplinning from the CITC lantern to the roof of the Comcast Center, then to One Liberty Place, etc. That would be really cool and I would totally try it (If it was safe)!

TechTalkGuy Jan 12, 2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesrmj (Post 8045425)
You want to know something that I've always imagined would be cool for a city would be if they made ziplines that went from building to building. So imagine ziplinning from the CITC lantern to the roof of the Comcast Center, then to One Liberty Place, etc. That would be really cool and I would totally try it (If it was safe)!

Your Mirror’s Edge reference has recognized. ;)

Plokoon11 Jan 12, 2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesrmj (Post 8045425)

You know it could be done since you can get to the top of the lantern and the comcast tower roof is flat enough. It might not be aesthetically pleasing.

Knight Hospitaller Jan 12, 2018 10:29 PM

^ The lawyer says "no." :-)

Inquizative Jan 12, 2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnIII (Post 8045171)
This building has really good presence. At night the office portion of the building can be seen really bright but the hotel portion looks dim; I'm not sure if this I because they haven't installed interior lights in the upper portion of the building yet but it bring a concern.

Since the upper portion of the building is a hotel and the lighting will be different as oppose to the office portion; how will that affect the lighting of the entire building?
Will the exterior lighting of the entire building allow for the building to appear as one structure or will the difference in lighting from the interior of the building make the building appear as two separate and distinct structures? From the east and west views of the city this will not be as much of a problems from them the north and south which has the most expanded of the skyline it can have an affect that will be pretty interesting!

The CTC is still under construction and we can assume that all of the lighting has not been installed. Construction begins at the bottom on up. When completed, being that the upper portion of the tower is a hotel, it will be a 24 hour operation, so at night it's likely that the hotel (upper portion) of the skyscraper will be brighter. I assume for the Comcast end, office hours for the most part will be 9a-5p. Although I love beautifully lit skyscrapers at night, keep in mind the CTC serves a utility purpose above all, aesthetics is a plus, let's not equate it to a Xmas tree.

TechTalkGuy Jan 12, 2018 11:56 PM

:goodpost: Thank you Inquizative and welcome to SkyscraperPage!! :tup:

vandelay Jan 13, 2018 6:52 PM

Have more renderings of the restaurant been released?

https://i.imgur.com/CjeUHg6.jpg

You definitely get a neo-deco impression from this.

Mr Saturn64 Jan 14, 2018 5:48 AM

^Holy crap is that reflection impressive. It looks like something right out of Inception or Doctor Strange. I love it!

mmikeyphilly Jan 14, 2018 2:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 (Post 8046504)
^Holy crap is that reflection impressive. It looks like something right out of Inception or Doctor Strange. I love it!

My thoughts exactly. When I first loaded the page, it looked like a mock up of The movie "The Towering Inferno." And the outdoor elevators. The only thing missing is Faye Dunaway! (oops I'm showing my age again)

R5Ryder Jan 14, 2018 4:19 PM

did it look like they had a spotlight shining on the cooling tower part of it last night when they were showing aerial shots of the city during the game? Not all the time, but I could swear there were a few times that it looked lit up.

Also - anyone know why the lights on LP and Mellon were Falcons red until after the game?

Plokoon11 Jan 14, 2018 4:30 PM

The red is for a tribute to a military personal who lost his life I believe? The family asked the landmarks to change colors to red.