SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Discussions (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What are your city's unwritten "laws"? (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245712)

kurt angle Mar 10, 2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedestrian (Post 9214207)
Whatever. Please put on a MAGA hat and go wandering through SF and report back to us how it went.

How can I report back if I’m dead? :haha:

Pedestrian Mar 10, 2021 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurt angle (Post 9214216)
How can I report back if I’m dead? :haha:

Exactly. If we don't hear from you, we'll know.

mousquet Mar 10, 2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedestrian (Post 9214188)
We've been over this before. The defining ingredient in ketchup is not the sugar, it's the vinegar. After tomatoes, vinegar is the second ingredient on my Heinz ketchup bottle. Sugar is third, ahead of salt, onion powder, "spices" and "natural flavoring" in that order.

You're right. I'd forgotten... I apologize. I'd forgotten about ingredients again.

Don't try mayonnaise in hot dogs anyway. Mayo is too fat, meant for salads made of raw veggies, hard-boiled eggs and seafood in the summer. It would be gross spread on fat sausages, for it is too fat, itself.
Only in Belgium and in the Netherlands, they would misuse mayonnaise, like they would put some in fries.
See this cult:

Video Link

:worship: Thank God, for once, the Americans got something right.
Mayo is simply too fat for fries or hot dogs.

But BBQ is certainly ok in hot dogs.

kurt angle Mar 10, 2021 11:20 PM

Mayo is good on everything. Those with the palettes of children may disagree.

jtown,man Mar 11, 2021 2:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurt angle (Post 9214204)
Imagination land sounds fun.

Has anyone ever been killed in SF for wearing a Bernie hat?

"wE dOn'T kNoW~!"

:rolleyes:

How many attacks on MAGA hat wearers would it take for you to think it was an issue?

Serious question.

kurt angle Mar 11, 2021 4:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtown,man (Post 9214433)
How many attacks on MAGA hat wearers would it take for you to think it was an issue?

Serious question.

Fatal attacks? At least one lmao.

The one attack that was posted wasn’t even a local. Just some jackass from out of town with a megaphone starting shit. :haha:

Pretty sure an out of towner yelling about politics with a megaphone is getting punched in any town in America. :haha:

Acajack Mar 11, 2021 4:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurt angle (Post 9214832)
Fatal attacks? At least one lmao.

The one attack that was posted wasn’t even a local. Just some jackass from out of town with a megaphone starting shit. :haha:

Pretty sure an out of towner yelling about politics with a megaphone is getting punched in any town in America. :haha:

Could you be "legendary" poster TWAK under another name?

Acajack Mar 11, 2021 4:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousquet (Post 9214243)
You're right. I'd forgotten... I apologize. I'd forgotten about ingredients again.

Don't try mayonnaise in hot dogs anyway. Mayo is too fat, meant for salads made of raw veggies, hard-boiled eggs and seafood in the summer. It would be gross spread on fat sausages, for it is too fat, itself.
Only in Belgium and in the Netherlands, they would misuse mayonnaise, like they would put some in fries.
See this cult:

Video Link

:worship: Thank God, for once, the Americans got something right.
Mayo is simply too fat for fries or hot dogs.

But BBQ is certainly ok in hot dogs.

I am with the Belgians. Mayonnaise is great on fries. If you're having moules frites, it's a sacrilege to put ketchup on the fries. Mayonnaise all the way.

Actually, I mix things up. Sometimes I have ketchup on my fries, sometimes I have mayonnaise.

It depends on what the main dish is.

If I am having a club sandwich and fries it'll generally be ketchup on the fries.

If it's moules frites, it'll be mayonnaise.

If I am having a burger it depends.

Plain old burger on a barbecue by the pool in the summer: ketchup on the fries.

Gourmet burger with goat cheese or brie, caramelized onions, mushrooms, bacon, and a nice sauce: mayonnaise on the fries.

TWAK Mar 11, 2021 4:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 9214868)

I don't need another name to say what I want, and I don't talk politics in the subforums or be mean. In order for me to properly respond to this, you have to say it again in the CE....
Another unwritten rule would be sailboats are from the bay area and gas powered boats are from sac.

C. Mar 11, 2021 5:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pj3000 (Post 9179733)

Looks like a good pie. I'm in. Highlight of the thread! :cheers:

kurt angle Mar 11, 2021 5:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 9214868)

no i'm kurt angle

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...2lvekVHhfEo3og

mrnyc Mar 11, 2021 5:52 PM

ketchup is disgusting.

i don't put no freaking sweet red sugar water goop on my food.

TEAM MUSTARD ALL THE WAY !!

and for the record, here is your typical grocery store french's: Distilled Vinegar, Water, #1 Grade Mustard Seed, Salt, Turmeric, Paprika, Spice, Natural Flavor, Garlic Powder.

Sigaven Mar 11, 2021 10:38 PM

San Antonio: one of, if not the first question you ask someone you met who also grew up in SA is, "what high school did you go to?"

SFBruin Sep 5, 2021 6:02 PM

In Seattle, people seem to have this notion that, if you creep into traffic slowly, you're not really blocking traffic.

It's really annoying lol.

SFBruin Sep 5, 2021 6:13 PM

They also seem to think that spending 15 seconds or more in your blind spot is totally okay, and not an issue at all.

Edit: Sorry, venting.

wwmiv Sep 5, 2021 6:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigaven (Post 9215308)
San Antonio: one of, if not the first question you ask someone you met who also grew up in SA is, "what high school did you go to?"

I think that’s a question everywhere among locals. University/college is also often a question everywhere among non-locals.

For San Antonio, unwritten law is that you don’t ever say you like tacos from Austin.

ssiguy Sep 6, 2021 3:25 AM

Vancouver............don't be too loud, don't have too much fun, and be in by 8:00.

Marshal Sep 6, 2021 3:51 AM

In my crowd it's more like: "knock it off with the dumb-ass stereotypes, go for a great meal, take in a show, and hit the beach + get a good sleep so you don't hold us up mountain biking on Sunday."