SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   SAN ANTONIO | The Floodgate | 212 FT | 17 FLOORS | T/O (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221524)

Fryguy Jan 25, 2019 10:59 PM

I'm really curious as to how they are going to build this tower, given how much space the Canopy requires as an example.

The Model Mar 27, 2019 4:23 AM

[IMG]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7829/...7b4188bc_b.jpgcommercefb by Raul Medina III, on Flickr[/IMG]

Fryguy Mar 29, 2019 8:43 AM

Anyone know when this is suppose to start construction? Also, isn't this building 225 feet?

KevinFromTexas Mar 29, 2019 9:28 AM

It's 212 feet 4 1/2 inches above the street, but the riverwalk drops down another 13 feet, so it's 225 feet 4 1/2 inches from the riverwalk. That height was shown on the site plan.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...&postcount=179

We could list it with the riverwalk height, but I'm reluctant to do that because not every building in downtown sits on the riverwalk. I'd rather list the street level height and then include the riverwalk height separately. To list the heights for every building that set on the riverwalk it would make judging their height compared to other buildings in downtown that don't confusing for some people. The river also isn't the same elevation throughout, so without having the elevations for every building that sits on the river it would be difficult to know what their height is. At the very least, we could measure them in Google Earth that way, I suppose.

JACKinBeantown Mar 29, 2019 12:40 PM

Street level at the main entrance is the official way to measure anyway, so I say stick with that. The Riverwalk level is kinda like a basement level in that sense... just one with a nice view and the ability to go outdoors.

KevinFromTexas Mar 29, 2019 1:01 PM

Also, I was thinking about the Google Earth project I did, and there's no way to make the drawings I did where their heights would be drawn from the Riverwalk level.

PDG91 Mar 30, 2019 7:39 PM

I'm sorry, I'm confused about this project. Are they going with that "octagon shaped" style building that was proposed back in December (picture of that rendering is on page 8 of this current thread)? and are they demolishing that retail strip between that one building next to the riverwalk and the esquire?

sirkingwilliam Mar 30, 2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDG91 (Post 8524580)
I'm sorry, I'm confused about this project. Are they going with that "octagon shaped" style building that was proposed back in December (picture of that rendering is on page 8 of this current thread)? and are they demolishing that retail strip between that one building next to the riverwalk and the esquire?

Yes and yes.

Fryguy Mar 31, 2019 2:21 AM

Anyone know when they plan on starting construction?

KevinFromTexas Mar 31, 2019 3:10 AM

Is there a section on San Antonio's website to search for demolition permits? That's one way to find out what the work schedule will be. Street closure/right-of-way permits are also a good indication.

Txdev Jul 1, 2019 9:11 PM

saw some interior demo happening today... not ready for full demo yet, but still some progress

Fryguy Jul 2, 2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txdev (Post 8621152)
saw some interior demo happening today... not ready for full demo yet, but still some progress

Awesome. Thanks for the update!

Fryguy Sep 28, 2019 6:18 AM

So, what is going on with this project? There are a few projects, with this being one of them, that have been quiet in the last few months.

The Villita Street Tower
The Hemisfair hotel and office building
The Cambria
Artista Hotel
The Floodgate
And many more

The slowdown I expected would happen starting in December 2018 seems to be continuing, unfortunately.

sirkingwilliam Sep 28, 2019 6:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fryguy (Post 8700834)
So, what is going on with this project? There are a few projects, with this being one of them, that have been quiet in the last few months.

The Villita Street Tower
The Cambria
Artista Hotel
The Floodgate
And many more

The slowdown I expected would happen starting in December 2018 seems to be continuing, unfortunately.

:uhh::sly:

Spoiler Sep 28, 2019 6:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fryguy (Post 8700834)

The Villita Street Tower

Plans were recently changed to include a second tower.

Quote:

There's no reason to believe The Hemisfair redevelopment plans have been scrapped.

Quote:

The Cambria
:shrug:

Quote:

Artista Hotel
That was only announced a few months ago but it's Harris Bay so who knows.

Quote:

The Floodgate
Pre-demolition of the existing building is happening now.

Quote:

And many more

Now that the Frost tower is complete and being moved in to, the next phase of Weston's project is about to start, which involves constructing multiple residential buildings on small downtown lots. A couple of them could be towers. Also, UTSA is poised to begin construction of new buildings in the heart of downtown. Graystreet still plans on building its tall building on Broadway as well as large-scale redevelopment nearby. Wheels are in motion and nothing is slowing down at all.

Txdev Oct 2, 2019 2:38 AM

I hear that they are getting close to starting. Not sure if they will be affected by the city’s moratorium of new work starting during the holidays, or not.

Tornado Nov 2, 2019 5:14 PM

Any update on this one Txdev?

Txdev Nov 2, 2019 6:07 PM

I was told in about 2 weeks, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Fingers crossed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 8737099)
Any update on this one Txdev?

Tornado Nov 19, 2019 2:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txdev (Post 8737132)
I was told in about 2 weeks, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Fingers crossed!

Sounds like your reluctance to believe them on the 2 weeks was the right feeling.

Txdev Nov 20, 2019 1:38 AM

I think they’re actually close now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 8752594)
Sounds like your reluctance to believe them on the 2 weeks was the right feeling.