PDA

View Full Version : How is your life?

LightingGuy
Apr 8, 2023, 2:31 PM
A lot of time is spent debating on here, so I thought it would be a good idea to just get to know each other more as well.
-----‐------------------

For me:

We just got a puppy (miniature Schnauzer), 10 weeks old. She has a ton of energy, still very nippy and having accidents, but she's also learning incredibly fast. Every day we can see improvement. This morning she went for the longest walk yet. Technically we're supposed to wait until she's 16 weeks and fully vaccinated before she can go for walks, but it just seems cruel, and like a great way to make a dog antisocial. So we decided she can go for walks now and we'll just make sure she doesn't sniff the ground too much or pick things up. Her behaviour inside the house has been a lot better ever since she started going for walks.

Also business is going pretty well. A lot of companies in my industry are struggling right now (mostly boomer owners who didn't stay with the market trends, and didn't put a succession plan together, and are running out of options). I saw this coming 4 years ago, so put a plan together to escape the rat race, and now it's finally looking like it's starting to pay off. I'm getting busier and busier everyday with client requests, and am looking forward to building a team soon.

Hawrylyshyn
Apr 8, 2023, 6:41 PM
A lot of time is spent debating on here, so I thought it would be a good idea to just get to know each other more as well.
-----‐------------------

For me:

We just got a puppy (miniature Schnauzer), 10 weeks old. She has a ton of energy, still very nippy and having accidents, but she's also learning incredibly fast. Every day we can see improvement. This morning she went for the longest walk yet. Technically we're supposed to wait until she's 16 weeks and fully vaccinated before she can go for walks, but it just seems cruel, and like a great way to make a dog antisocial. So we decided she can go for walks now and we'll just make sure she doesn't sniff the ground too much or pick things up. Her behaviour inside the house has been a lot better ever since she started going for walks.

Also business is going pretty well. A lot of companies in my industry are struggling right now (mostly boomer owners who didn't stay with the market trends, and didn't put a succession plan together, and are running out of options). I saw this coming 4 years ago, so put a plan together to escape the rat race, and now it's finally looking like it's starting to pay off. I'm getting busier and busier everyday with client requests, and am looking forward to building a team soon.

How dare you say this and not share a picture of her :haha:

I'm personally busy with school -- lab work for my thesis is really picking up right now so lots of cell culture and RT-qPCR, as well as continual writing for the literature review. The improvements in the weather has been a huge mood booster -- getting ready to start spending way more time outside going for walks and hikes. Will hopefully be doing some weekend trips north this spring to catch some photos of moose (they're frequently near roads to get the salt).

Also going to start increasing cardio again after the usual winter of almost exclusively doing weight training. :tup:

LightingGuy
Apr 9, 2023, 12:17 AM
This is the day after we got her at 8 weeks old. She's grown since then.

https://i.ibb.co/QJw890x/A7C08755.jpg

This is a few days ago when she found a sock.

https://i.ibb.co/QXM9rjk/20230404-124414.jpg