PDA

View Full Version : "sanctuary cities" targeted for federal funding boycots

zilfondel
Nov 14, 2016, 9:21 PM
What does this even mean?

Thoughts and speculation. Is it possible to axe all federal funding via executive order? My first assumption would be no. But how far will this partisanship extend to?

maccoinnich
Nov 15, 2016, 5:01 AM
I don't think anyone knows what it means, the Trump transition team included. But if it means that Portland would have to change its policing policies in order to receive money for light rail projects then I think we should refuse every single tainted dollar.

2oh1
Nov 16, 2016, 5:19 AM
I don't think anyone knows what it means, the Trump transition team included.

I know it's only been a week, but... good grief. It's a transition from eight years of growth into chaos, and the transition team itself is already in chaos.

Save every penny you can, because the next crash will be here soon. 2018? 2019?

RED_PDXer
Nov 16, 2016, 5:25 PM
I know it's only been a week, but... good grief. It's a transition from eight years of growth into chaos, and the transition team itself is already in chaos.

Save every penny you can, because the next crash will be here soon. 2018? 2019?

Agreed. It's frightening. No one really knows what policies will be implemented because he seemingly changes positions every day, and virtually all of his positions are bad for reining in Wall Street, responsible tax reform, and maintaining government services, to name a few...

As for light rail funding, TriMet is the actual grantee, not the City. Of course, who knows anything at this point.