PDA

View Full Version : APTA 1st quarter 2012 numbers reported

J. Will
Jun 6, 2012, 5:42 PM
http://www.apta.com/resources/statistics/Documents/Ridership/2012-q1-ridership-APTA.pdf

Selected cities, daily boardings (thousands)

New York City Transit - 10,853
Toronto - TTC - 2,425
Chicago - CTA - 1,711
Los Angeles - LAC MTA - 1,458
Vancouver - 1,158
Seattle - KC Metro - 399

llamaorama
Jun 6, 2012, 6:38 PM
What counts as a commuter rail service in Anchorage that transports a few hundred people a day?

Is it the Hurricane Turn, or is boardings at the Ted Stevens Airport station?

tdawg
Jun 6, 2012, 7:12 PM
I'm impressed with LA's numbers. And at the rate they are planning/adding new lines it should grow a bunch.

mhays
Jun 6, 2012, 7:13 PM
Good lord. Seattle would be 537, not 399. Pretty clear on page 29. Omitting some agencies even then. (Maybe in the lower 500s depending on how they counted ferry passengers)

ChiSoxRox
Jun 6, 2012, 7:32 PM
In the heavy rail numbers, the Chicago L had the second highest percentage jump (behind the Cleveland Red Line), and at this pace would catch up to the Washington Metro in five years. Up nine percent, year over year? :tup:

However, the list of regional transit operators has a strange selection. For Iowa, Ames is the only one included, when Iowa City and probably Des Moines see more riders each day.

ChiSoxRox
Jun 6, 2012, 7:35 PM
Double post.

J. Will
Jun 6, 2012, 11:23 PM
I'm impressed with LA's numbers.

I believe their agency serves the entire County though (10 million people), so they're not very impressive in a per capita basis.

Beta_Magellan
Jun 7, 2012, 12:43 AM
In terms of mode share, LA typically hovers around Portland’s (as of 2009 around 11.5 percent), so it’s not as bad as one would guess (the flip side, of course, is that Portland doesn’t have as high a mode share as one might expect based on their reputation).

Jonboy1983
Jun 7, 2012, 1:08 AM
According to that report, Pittsburgh's overall transit ridership actually increased. Yet, Port Authority wants to axe several bus routes and trim frequencies across the board as it trims service by a staggering 35% effective in September.

glowrock
Jun 7, 2012, 1:27 AM
I believe their agency serves the entire County though (10 million people), so they're not very impressive in a per capita basis.

Not sure if you knew this already, but there are numerous additional transit agencies besides MTA in Los Angeles County, J. Will. Many of them have substantial ridership, so the overall totals are quite a bit higher than simply assuming MTA = Los Angeles County...

Aaron (Glowrock)

glowrock
Jun 7, 2012, 1:28 AM
According to that report, Pittsburgh's overall transit ridership actually increased. Yet, Port Authority wants to axe several bus routes and trim frequencies across the board as it trims service by a staggering 35% effective in September.

It's not that they WANT TO, it's that there's a huge budget deficit. Partially due to their own ineptitude, partially due to PA's pathetically poor overall transit funding... :(

Aaron (Glowrock)