Pages : [1] 2

q12
Jul 11, 2011, 9:42 PM
Blockbuster in place to land Nathan MacKinnon in Moose Country

MATTHEW WUEST
METRO HALIFAX
Published: July 11, 2011 1:56 p.m.
Last modified: July 11, 2011 4:34 p.m.

The Halifax Mooseheads have landed homegrown hockey star Nathan MacKinnon.
http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/sports/article/914472--report-mooseheads-on-verge-of-blockbuster-trade-to-land-mackinnon

We might need the Metro Centre expanded this year....

fenwick16
Jul 12, 2011, 3:47 AM
http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/sports/article/914472--report-mooseheads-on-verge-of-blockbuster-trade-to-land-mackinnon

We might need the Metro Centre expanded this year....

Great news. I am sure that we will see attendance go up if the trade goes through.

q12
Jul 13, 2011, 4:22 PM
Halifax gets its man: MacKinnon officially a Moosehead

MATTHEW WUEST
METRO HALIFAX
Published: July 13, 2011 11:06 a.m.
Last modified: July 13, 2011 11:37 a.m.

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/sports/article/916209--halifax-gets-its-man-mackinnon-officially-a-moosehead

It's now official.

-Harlington-
Jul 14, 2011, 2:40 AM
Really looking forward to going to the games this year .

CorbeauNoir
Jul 24, 2011, 1:22 AM
The team is starting to get look really exciting right when I'm about to leave... :gaah:

I'll have to make sure to catch some games in the winter.

q12
Sep 18, 2011, 11:46 PM
mooseheads supporters coming back in droves

by chris cochrane sports columnist
sun, sep 18 - 8:02 pm

chris cochrane

local hockey fans sent a loud and clear message to the halifax mooseheads organization friday night: They’re still around in huge numbers and will return to the metro centre as the team takes the right steps to regain their support.

For three seasons, many former mooseheads fans, at first frustrated and later completely turned off by the organization’s building approach, showed their disapproval in the most obvious way possible — they stayed home.

But smart building practices and a very intelligent trade for a sensational young local talent over the summer seems to have enhanced the mood of many previously disenchanted moose supporters. It was obvious by the time this season opened that the organization had fixed enough to earn one more chance at winning back fans.

The announced crowd of 8,052 at the home opener against bathurst appeared to be an accurate account of real attendance. It was several thousand more than the average home attendance in recent years.

Read more here: http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/1263754.html

they'rrrre back... :tup::multibow

-Harlington-
Sep 19, 2011, 5:01 AM
I was at the last game against Moncton and the crowds were great

And Mackinnon really does seem to be living up to this hype so far

when a goal by Mackinnon was announsed the crowd went nuts, the year looks good
:tup:

MonctonRad
Sep 19, 2011, 1:25 PM
:previous:

Glad to hear that Mackinnon is reigniting interest in the Mooseheads. :tup:

You neglected to mention however that the Wildcats won the game.... :D

-Harlington-
Sep 19, 2011, 4:09 PM
Haha, of course you pick that out

close game though, should be a good one next time when all the players are back, :tup:

Jstaleness
Sep 22, 2011, 10:03 PM
Mooseheads beat the Wildcats 6-1 tonight on my NHL Slapshot game.

q12
Dec 4, 2011, 12:47 PM
5-goal game for Moose rookie

December 4, 2011 - 4:37am By WILLY PALOV Sports Reporter

MacKinnon ‘incredible’ in 6-4 win over Quebec

YEARS FROM NOW people will be talking about the night Nathan MacKinnon scored five goals against the Quebec Remparts.

The 16-year-old rookie’s game was on another level for the Halifax Mooseheads, scoring in every way imaginable to lead his team to a thrilling 6-4 comeback win over the powerhouse Remparts at the Metro Centre.

Read more here: http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/39262-5-goal-game-moose-rookie

Holy crap, I wish I had gone to that game! :omg::worship:

fenwick16
Dec 4, 2011, 4:33 PM
:previous: Great story. I am a bit disappointed by the attendance though. With Nathan MacKinnon and the Mooseheads doing so well, I would expect their attendance for such a game with Quebec to be a sell out. Nathan MacKinnon will probably be an NHL superstar in the future; Nova Scotians have a chance to see him play for 3 years or so before he moves on, so they shouldn't miss the opportunity.

I find it interesting that the Mooseheads attendance seems to be much better for Maritime Province teams than Quebec province teams.

q12
Dec 4, 2011, 6:21 PM
Here is his 5 goals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVKjks4Ci9M

I guarantee this game will help boost attendance for the rest of the season.

-Harlington-
Dec 4, 2011, 7:29 PM
Team Canada is probably kickin themselves now,

And i missed this game by one night, i was at the one on friday and I saw a
hat trick and thought that was great and then this happens, haha

He's now fith in scoring and the mooseheads are tied for fith in the league

As far as attendence goes it would be hard to get a sellout because of the way the skyboxes block off the sightlines for the high upper bowl but after that im sure we can get close to sellouts again .

-Harlington-
Mar 9, 2012, 9:03 PM
This should be cool, There are three mooseheads that could go in the first round of the 2013 entry draft next year (Mackinnon, Fucale, and Drouin)

Mar 06, 2012

Halifax Mooseheads to Host 2013 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game

For Immediate Release

Tuesday March 6, 2012

Toronto, ON – The Canadian Hockey League in association with the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, the Halifax Mooseheads Hockey Club, and Home Hardware Stores Limited, today announced that the 2013 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game will be held at the Halifax Metro Centre, home of the Mooseheads, on Wednesday January 16, 2013.

“The Canadian Hockey League is very excited to bring the 2013 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game to Atlantic Canada for the first time in the history of this prestigious event,” said CHL President David Branch. “This event provides our players the opportunity to showcase their skills before hundreds of NHL scouts in a competitive best-on-best game in advance of the draft, while fans in Halifax and those watching across the country on Sportsnet and TVA Sports preview the next wave of NHL talent.”

The 2013 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game will mark the 18th annual showcase of the CHL’s top-40 NHL draft eligible players featuring talent from the Western Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League, and Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

“On behalf of the Dealer-Owners of more than 1,080 Home Hardware stores across Canada, we look forward to heading east to the Maritimes for the 2013 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game,” said Paul Straus, President and CEO of Home Hardware Stores Limited. “The game in Halifax will mark 14 straight years of title partnership and watching future NHL stars excite hockey fans across the country.”

Next season will mark the second time the game will be hosted by the QMJHL following the 2007 event in Quebec City. Other past cities to host include Toronto (1996-98, 2000, 2011), Calgary (1999, 2001), Saskatoon (2002), Kitchener (2003), London (2004), Vancouver (2005), Ottawa (2006), Edmonton (2008), Oshawa (2009), Windsor (2010), and Kelowna (2012).

“The Halifax Mooseheads are very excited to host the 2013 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game,” stated Mooseheads Majority Owner Bobby Smith. “We look forward to welcoming 40 of the best NHL draft eligible players in the CHL to the Halifax Metro Centre next January. Our season ticket holders and fans will be really interested to watch the top young players from the QMJHL match up with the best prospects from the OHL and the WHL.”

The Mooseheads have been represented in this event by 11 players including 2012 NHL Entry Draft prospects Martin Frk and Andrew Ryan who competed for Team Cherry, coached by Mark Recchi and Ryan Huska last month in Kelowna. Notable Mooseheads such as Alex Tanguay and Logan MacMillan also participated in this event before being first round NHL selections. Tanguay picked up an assist for Team Cherry in a 4-2 win back in 1998 before going 12th overall to the Colorado Avalanche, while MacMillan scored a goal for Team Burns-Burgeron in 2007 as part of a 5-3 win before the Anaheim Ducks chose him 19th overall.

Since the event was first introduced in 1996 the game has featured 10 players that were selected with the first overall pick in the NHL Entry Draft including Chris Phillips, Joe Thornton, Vincent Lecavalier, Rick Nash, Marc-Andre Fleury, Patrick Kane, Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Taylor Hall, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins who was one of 19 CHL players from the 2011 event that were selected among the record 21 CHL players chosen in the first round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Associate sponsors for the event include Bank of Montreal, Subway, and CCM. The game will be broadcast nationally by Sportsnet and TVA Sports.

For more information please visit www.homehardwaretopprospectsgame.com

q12
Mar 14, 2012, 10:19 PM
Mar 14, 2012

Mooseheads Game Sold Out Tonight

Tonight’s Halifax Mooseheads home game versus the 2011 Memorial Cup Champion Saint John Sea Dogs at the Halifax Metro Centre is sold out.

The last sellout in Moose Country was over 5 years ago on March 3rd, 2007 when the Mooseheads beat the Shawinigan Cataractes 6-3 before a capacity crowd of 10,595.

Thanks for your tremendous support Moose Country!

http://www.halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/tonight-s-game-vs-sj-sold-out

Expect more of this in the playoffs. :tup:

MonctonRad
Mar 28, 2012, 2:00 AM
Congratulations to the Mooseheads. The better team certainly won the series this year. At least the Cats put up a valiant effort in game four.

The Wildcats season was effectively over after Gormley was traded. We didn't have the depth. We only had one good line (the Saulniers and Marek Hrvik) and a quality goaltender (Roman Will). That's not enough.

In any event, good luck in the remainder of the playoffs! :tup:

-Harlington-
Mar 28, 2012, 2:05 AM
Last year Halifax got kicked in four and this year they do the opposite

I did expect them to win the series but they did a lot better than I thought

Looking forward to getting to a game or two, hopefully they keep the momentum

resetcbu1
Mar 28, 2012, 3:39 AM
how has attendance been during the playoffs?

-Harlington-
Mar 28, 2012, 1:12 PM
Last two home games were around 7500 give or take a few hundred

q12
Mar 30, 2012, 8:02 PM
Mooseheads take on Quebec Remparts in 2nd Round

http://www.halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/moose-vs-quebec-2nd-round-schedule

Mar 30, 2012

The QMJHL released the schedule for the second round of the 2012 QMJHL Playoffs between the Halifax Mooseheads and the Quebec Remparts this afternoon.

The two teams will open their series next Friday, April 6th for Game #1 and Saturday, April 7th for Game #2. Both these games will take place at the Colisee in Quebec City at 8pm Atlantic Time. The Mooseheads will host Game #3 and Game #4 at the Halifax Metro Centre on Tuesday, April 10th and Wednesday, April 11th respectively. Game #5, if necessary, will also be played at the Metro Centre as the teams will play a 2-3-2 schedule. All games in Halifax will be a 7pm puck drop.

Game #1: Friday, April 6th Halifax vs Quebec @8pm Colisee Pepsi
Game #2: Saturday, April 7th Halifax vs Quebec @8pm Colisee Pepsi
Game #3: Tuesday, April 10th Quebec vs Halifax @7pm Halifax Metro Centre
Game #4: Wednesday, April 11th Quebec vs Halifax @ 7pm Halifax Metro Centre
*Game #5: Friday, April 13th Quebec vs Halifax @7pm Halifax Metro Centre
*Game #6: Monday, April 16th Halifax vs Quebec @8pm Colisee Pepsi
*Game #7: Tuesday, April 17th Halifax vs Quebec @8pm Colisee Pepsi
*If necessary

Quebec finished the regular season in 4th place overall with an impressive 43-18-5-2 record for 93 points. The Mooseheads finished 8 points back of the Remparts in 6th place overall with a 39-22-2-5 record for 85 points. The Mooseheads held the edge in the regular season series winning 2 of 3 games, with the home team winning each contest. On October 22nd, Alex Grenier scored in overtime against his former team to give the Mooseheads a thrilling 4-3 OT win at the Metro Centre. The Remparts rebounded and handed the Mooseheads a 6-1 thumping on November 19th at Le Colisee. On December 3rd, Nathan MacKinnon grabbed national attention when he led a 3rd period comeback scoring 5 goals in a 6-4 Mooseheads win. This will be the first time these two teams have met in the QMJHL Playoffs.

Tickets for Games 3 and 4 at the Halifax Metro Centre go on sale this Wednesday, April 4th at 11am at the Ticket Atlantic Box Office, select Superstore Outlets, www.ticketatlantic.com or charge by phone 451-1221.

Two biggest cities in the Q in the two biggest arenas.

11,000 seat Halifax Metro Centre and the 15,000+ Quebec City Colisee Pepsi.

Should be a good series. :tup:

CorbeauNoir
Apr 6, 2012, 11:09 PM
Hope I'll still be in town by then, this should be a great series

q12
Apr 10, 2012, 5:26 PM
Moose hope for lift at home
April 10, 2012 - 4:21am BY WILLY PALOV SPORTS REPORTER

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/83132-moose-hope-for-lift-at-home

MAYBE THE METRO Centre will make the difference for the Halifax Mooseheads.

They lost two games in Quebec City by the slimmest of margins and find themselves in a deep hole heading into tonight’s third game of their best-of-seven second-round series against the Quebec Remparts. If home ice and some home-cooked meals are enough to swing those minuscule margins of victory in the Mooseheads’ favour, we may have a series after all.

Mooseheads show they’re in this series
April 10, 2012 - 4:21am CHRIS COCHRANE

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/83114-mooseheads-show-they-re-in-this-series

No doubt it was a huge lift for the Remparts to have 14,053 fans on hand for Game 1 of the series and 12,340 for Game 2.

Impressive attendance in Quebec, hopefully we can pack the Metro Centre and win the next 3 @ home.:fingerscrossed:

q12
Apr 14, 2012, 1:38 AM
Mooseheads win game 5! Series is now 3-2 headed back to Quebec. Almost 10,000 at the game tonight.:cheers:

fenwick16
Apr 14, 2012, 9:57 AM
Mooseheads win game 5! Series is now 3-2 headed back to Quebec. Almost 10,000 at the game tonight.:cheers:

This has been an interesting series. Halifax could just as easily have been ahead 3-2 in games except for a puck going over the glass at the Quebec Pepsi Coliseum.

q12
Apr 17, 2012, 1:26 AM
Mooseheads win game 6!:multibow

Score was 5-2. Game 7 tomorrow night unbelievable comeback after being down 3-0 in the series!

fenwick16
Apr 17, 2012, 1:42 AM
Mooseheads win game 6!:multibow

Score was 5-2. Game 7 tomorrow night unbelievable comeback after being down 3-0 in the series!

Excellent. Now all the pressure is on the Quebec Remparts.

-Harlington-
Apr 18, 2012, 12:56 AM
They were talking on TSN about how Pittsburg is down 3-0 in their seris and they said Crosby should learn from Mackinnon and they talked about the mooseheads come back

They also said that if he was eligable in this years draft Mackinnon would go number one and will for sure next year

Its 3-3 in the 3rd for game seven by the way .

kph06
Apr 18, 2012, 1:04 AM
Now it's 4-4, Cameron Critchlow has all four for the Mooseheads I believe.

fenwick16
Apr 18, 2012, 1:55 AM
Mooseheads win in overtime.

-Harlington-
Apr 18, 2012, 2:07 AM
What a come back

q12
Apr 18, 2012, 2:08 AM
Mooseheads win in overtime.

UNBEILEVEABLE!!!! :hyper:

q12
Apr 18, 2012, 2:12 AM
They were talking on TSN about how Pittsburg is down 3-0 in their seris and they said Crosby should learn from Mackinnon and they talked about the mooseheads come back

They also said that if he was eligable in this years draft Mackinnon would go number one and will for sure next year

PLgpR4LowWQ

75 013 in attendance in the series, breaking the previous record mark of 67,656 that was recorded by the Remparts and Cape Breton, in spring 2009.

Winning Goal:
zOAG2MU2JUg

Northend Nerd
Apr 19, 2012, 4:56 PM
Tickets for the games this weekend at the Metro Centre sold out in less than 2 hours. I logged on at 11am when they went on sale and lower bowl was already gone. Its going to be a good one!

beyeas
Apr 19, 2012, 5:17 PM
Tickets for the games this weekend at the Metro Centre sold out in less than 2 hours. I logged on at 11am when they went on sale and lower bowl was already gone. Its going to be a good one!

Yeah I logged on right at 11am and must have JUST managed to get lower bowl seats for the Saturday game.

q12
Apr 19, 2012, 6:27 PM
Yeah I logged on right at 11am and must have JUST managed to get lower bowl seats for the Saturday game.

Same here.

Should be good games!

http://qmjhl.uploads.mrx.ca/halifax/images/en/newser/2012/04/Crowd30243.jpg

BravoZulu
Apr 19, 2012, 11:11 PM

I was lucky enough to score a pair a few rows from the ice, I think someone must have timed out while trying to order cause before that all I could get was upper bowl. Glad to see the Hali showing support like this for the Moose, but after the performance in the last round I'm not surprised that people are starting to pay attention. Glad I'm able to catch a game while I'm back east.

beyeas
Apr 20, 2012, 12:49 AM
I was lucky enough to score a pair a few rows from the ice, I think someone must have timed out while trying to order cause before that all I could get was upper bowl. Glad to see the Hali showing support like this for the Moose, but after the performance in the last round I'm not surprised that people are starting to pay attention. Glad I'm able to catch a game while I'm back east.

Yeah I am in 3rd row section 22... But first time I clicked I only got seats off in the corner. Asked for new ones and got those awesome seats.

-Harlington-
Apr 20, 2012, 3:52 AM
I was told that both home games were sold out in 45mins

Haligonian88
Apr 21, 2012, 1:23 AM
Mooseheads lost tonight, 4-1. Headed to the game tomorrow night, hopefully they even things up.

David1gray
Apr 27, 2012, 11:28 PM
Game is on Sportsnet for anyone wanting to watch tonight's game

Jstaleness
Apr 27, 2012, 11:55 PM
Game is on Sportsnet for anyone wanting to watch tonight's game

Pretty gross so far. Hopefully they play better in the second.

David1gray
Apr 28, 2012, 12:40 AM
Turned off the TV because I had to talk on the phone, turn it back on and it's 6-0????

-Harlington-
Apr 28, 2012, 12:45 AM
No effort no defense, the couch better scream some sense into them before they get back to Halifax
don't want to disappoint another 10,000 people

resetcbu1
Apr 28, 2012, 2:12 AM
No effort no defense, the couch better scream some sense into them before they get back to Halifax
don't want to disappoint another 10,000 people

This is a very young team with a lot of time left to grow, I'm sure a year or two and they certainly won't disappoint. I understand that 10,000 people would love to see Halifax go all the way but with such a young team I would say give it a year or two and they will challenge for the title if not the memorial cup:D

resetcbu1
Apr 30, 2012, 7:04 PM
Next season boys , good run . Can't wait to see MacKinnion next year !

-Harlington-
Apr 30, 2012, 7:24 PM
Got to kick Moncton out in four games and pull off an amazing come back against Quebec so its all good, next year should be good considering all the talent .

q12
Nov 17, 2012, 2:52 PM
Moose roll in third

November 16, 2012 - 11:33pm BY WILLY PALOV SPORTS REPORTER

THE GOALS came in bunches and tempers flared a few times but the Halifax Mooseheads still found a way to win Friday night at the Metro Centre.

The Mooseheads beat the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies 8-3 in an emotionally charged game in front of a near sellout crowd of 10,175 on DND (Department of National Defence) appreciation night. The Mooseheads wore special military-themed uniforms that were raffled off later for charity.

Read more here: http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/177720-moose-roll-in-third

:tup:

Keith P.
Nov 17, 2012, 3:11 PM
The Mooseheads beat the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies 8-3 in an emotionally charged game in front of a [B]near sellout crowd of 10,175

What is capacity? I saw that number and thought it already was in excess of the Metro Center's stated capacity.

q12
Nov 17, 2012, 3:22 PM
What is capacity? I saw that number and thought it already was in excess of the Metro Center's stated capacity.

For Hockey it's 10,595. For Basketball its 11,093. However I'm not sure how all the skyboxes and executive suites are counted and if standing room is allowed.

Wishblade
Nov 17, 2012, 3:46 PM
For Hockey it's 10,595. For Basketball its 11,093. However I'm not sure how all the skyboxes and executive suites are counted and if standing room is allowed.

For certain 360 degree concert setups its actually been known to seat 13,000.

q12
Jan 19, 2013, 3:30 PM
Drouin has four points as Mooseheads smoke rival Remparts 11-2

The Halifax Mooseheads have passed many tests so far this season.

The one Friday night was by flying colours.

Jonathan Drouin had a goal and three assists while Dominic Beauchemin, Konrad Abeltshauser and Stephen MacAulay each scored twice as the Mooseheads rolled to a staggering 11-2 victory over the Quebec Remparts before 13,391 fans at Le Colisee in Quebec City.

http://metronews.ca/sports/515769/drouin-has-four-points-as-mooseheads-smoke-rival-remparts-11-2/

LES REMPARTS VICTIMES D'UNE HUMILIATION

Le 18 janvier 2013 à 13h40 | TVA Sports

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/lhjmq/les-mooseheads-prennent-le-rythme-18012013

Got a love humiliating Quebec in front of a huge crowd, poor Patrick Roy.

q12
Apr 26, 2013, 1:57 AM
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Halifax just made it to the Q league finals winning 12 straight games in the playoffs and sweeping every playoff series so far.

Hali87
Apr 26, 2013, 5:14 AM
Oh, wow! I had no idea.

q12
May 9, 2013, 2:14 PM
Tickets for friday's game 5, went on sale at 10am, they were sold out in 4 mins!

I got some nice lower bowl seats to hopefully watch the Mooseheads win their first President's Cup in its nearly 20 year history! :fingerscrossed:

Average attendance for the playoffs has been about 10,150, with most games being sellouts.

halifaxboyns
May 9, 2013, 3:24 PM
Tickets for friday's game 5, went on sale at 10am, they were sold out in 4 mins!

I got some nice lower bowl seats to hopefully watch the Mooseheads win their first President's Cup in its nearly 20 year history! :fingerscrossed:

Average attendance for the playoffs has been about 10,150, with most games being sellouts.

It's good to see that the City is supportive of the team. I see support of teams ebbs and flows depending on how well they are doing, but it gives me confidence that if a CFL team sets up shop, I should get some pretty good support too.

Duff
May 9, 2013, 8:38 PM
Can't wait for the game tomorrow night. I've gone to every playoff game and was hoping they would lose game 3 so they could come back and win it all in game 5!

q12
May 9, 2013, 10:58 PM
Can't wait for the game tomorrow night. I've gone to every playoff game and was hoping they would lose game 3 so they could come back and win it all in game 5!
:haha:

Yeah I was hoping they would lose one away too so we could see them win the cup at home. The city will erupt friday night if they win!

fenwick16
May 10, 2013, 1:19 AM
The Mooseheads are really an amazing team. They have at least two players who could become NHL superstars (MacKinnon and Drouin) and maybe more. Martin Frk will probably become an NHL star also.

I am hoping the Mooseheads will meet the Portland Winterhawks (and Seth Jones) in the final of the Memorial Cup. That game would probably have the upcoming 3 top NHL draft picks.

q12
May 11, 2013, 2:18 AM
we are the champions!!!:multibow

fenwick16
May 18, 2013, 2:45 PM
The Halifax Mooseheads will be facing the Portland (Oregon) Winterhawks in their first game of the 2013 Memorial Cup tonight (Sat, April 18th). The game is on Sportsnet at 7:00 PM Ontario time and 8:00 PM in the Maritimes.

q12
May 18, 2013, 4:49 PM
The Halifax Mooseheads will be facing the Portland (Oregon) Winterhawks in their first game of the 2013 Memorial Cup tonight (Sat, April 18th). The game is on Sportsnet at 7:00 PM Ontario time and 8:00 PM in the Maritimes.

Big game. It's going to be exciting watching this team get to play a few more games.

teddifax
May 19, 2013, 3:18 AM
The Mooseheads came from behind and won 7-4.... go Moose!!!

q12
May 19, 2013, 4:42 PM
Mackinnon put on a clinic for Seth Jones, with 3 goals and 1 assist.:superwhip

GLCzs8pjczQ

teddifax
May 20, 2013, 4:05 AM
Unfortunately, the Mooseheads lost the 2nd game 5-2 to Saskatoon. I made the fatal mistake of recording the game on Sportsnet to watch in its entirety. The game recording was cut off with just under 2 minutes left in the game! Ahhhhh!!!

Dmajackson
May 22, 2013, 2:49 AM
Halifax just won its third game against London by a significant margin.

If Portland wins tomorrow night against Saskatoon the Mooseheads will be in the finals on Sunday night.

Aya_Akai
May 22, 2013, 4:00 AM
Halifax just won its third game against London by a significant margin.

If Portland wins tomorrow night against Saskatoon the Mooseheads will be in the finals on Sunday night.

I'm not terribly into sports, but have been paying attention to this a bit. It's pretty exciting to see our team from Halifax doing so well! (also, oh my god, as a non-sports kind of person, this "round robin" style tourny confuses the heck out of me :P:haha: )

fenwick16
May 26, 2013, 11:28 PM
Just in case anyone has forgotten, it is only a few minutes until the start of the Memorial Cup final between the Halifax Mooseheads and Portland (Oregon) Winterhawks. It is on SportsNet in Ontario and I assume throughout Canada(?)

Aya_Akai
May 27, 2013, 2:34 AM
Well, we just won the Memorial Cup!! :D:D:D:multibow::multibow::righton::banana::apple::banaride:

MonctonRad
May 27, 2013, 2:43 AM
Congratulations to the Mooseheads - well done! :cheers:

q12
May 27, 2013, 3:05 AM
That was awesome!

Nervous last couple of minutes.

Way to go Moose!!!!!!!!!! :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

fenwick16
May 27, 2013, 3:31 AM
Great game by the Mooseheads. :)

teddifax
May 27, 2013, 4:17 AM
Congratulations to the Halifax Mooseheads on a fantastic ending to an incredible season. GO MOOSEHEADS!!!!!!

halifaxboyns
May 27, 2013, 3:31 PM
Just heard the news - that's awesome. What a great excuse for a parade!

Duff
May 27, 2013, 6:15 PM
Doesn't seem like there will be a parade. They are saying that there will be a celebration at Grand Parade Square tomorrow at noon. Regardless, party on!

Wishblade
May 27, 2013, 11:38 PM
Doesn't seem like there will be a parade. They are saying that there will be a celebration at Grand Parade Square tomorrow at noon. Regardless, party on!

I actually heard their shutting down Argyle street for a parade. Either way there's definately going to be a celebration :cheers:

Aya_Akai
May 28, 2013, 3:14 AM
I actually heard their shutting down Argyle street for a parade. Either way there's definately going to be a celebration :cheers:

Correct! Argyle is being shut down between Duke & Carmichael, and metro transit is offering free shuttles downtown from the Bridge Terminal and Mumford between 11 and 12:30 and free return trips from 1-3pm. The ferry from Alderney will be running free between 11 and 3 at 15 minute frequency as well.

Dmajackson
May 28, 2013, 5:11 AM
MP Peter Stoffer was apparently quite pleased today. He even rapped a few lines in the House of Commons.

http://www.cbc.ca/asithappens/2013/05/27/ford-resignations-frank-magazine-returns-perfect-cream-tea/

GO MOOSE GO!

Unfortunately all I had was Keiths so I wasn't able to celebrate properly last night. :P

q12
May 28, 2013, 10:15 PM
http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/1131791-in-pictures-mooseheads-day

Some great pictures from today in the Herald.

http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/686995/thousands-gather-to-celebrate-mooseheads/

Also some great pictures from the Metro.

Waye Mason
May 28, 2013, 11:30 PM
Great day all around - I took this picture from the 2nd floor of City Hall.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/251031_10152862035825591_1896253540_n.jpg

Keith P.
May 29, 2013, 1:24 AM
Is there any hope of relocating that arch structure to a different spot? I wonder what the decision process was that placed it smack in the middle of things. Whatever, it was wrong.

q12
Aug 23, 2013, 6:34 PM
Over 3,000 people will be at the sold out new arena in Truro for the pre-season game between the Halifax Mooseheads vs. Moncton Wildcats.

http://www.ratheastlinkcommunitycentre.ca/images/Arena.jpg
http://www.ratheastlinkcommunitycentre.ca/arena.html

MonctonRad
Aug 23, 2013, 7:04 PM

Nice arena. If it was just a touch larger, Truro might have a Q League team too......

q12
Aug 23, 2013, 7:41 PM

Nice arena. If it was just a touch larger, Truro might have a Q League team too......

Could be interesting in the stands if there are some Moncton fans there tonight. :swordfight::bash:

q12
Aug 23, 2013, 10:33 PM
I noticed on google maps that the Metro Centre is now shown in detail by sections.

http://i40.tinypic.com/15qrbes.jpg

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Halifax+Metro+Centre,+Argyle+Street,+Halifax,+NS&hl=en&ll=44.648277,-63.57684&spn=0.006373,0.013937&sll=44.648292,-63.574791&sspn=0.006373,0.013937&oq=Halifax+metro&t=m&z=17

Aya_Akai
Aug 25, 2013, 3:35 AM
I noticed on google maps that the Metro Centre is now shown in detail by sections.

http://i40.tinypic.com/15qrbes.jpg

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Halifax+Metro+Centre,+Argyle+Street,+Halifax,+NS&hl=en&ll=44.648277,-63.57684&spn=0.006373,0.013937&sll=44.648292,-63.574791&sspn=0.006373,0.013937&oq=Halifax+metro&t=m&z=17

That's pretty cool! We've still got a ways to go till stores have their sections labelled and described on maps.. I noticed that was a thing in quite a few places while I was down in the states.

q12
Sep 29, 2013, 10:57 PM
Jonathan Drouin cut by Tampa Bay Lightning, returning to Halifax Mooseheads

September 29, 2013 Updated: September 29, 2013 | 3:05 pm

By Andrew Rankin

Jonathan Drouin will be rejoining the Halifax Mooseheads.

The star forward was among the final 10 players cut by the Tampa Bay Lightning on Sunday.

http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/809542/drouin-cut-by-tampa-bay-returning-to-mooseheads/

Holy crap! CHL Player of the Year in 2012-13 scoring 41 goals and 64 assists in 49 games. And 12 goals and 23 assists in 17 playoff games. :worship:

Also here are the new jerseys celebrating 20 years:

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/p480x480/1375680_10153268374745144_1291231157_n.jpg

Source (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Halifax-Mooseheads/)

q12
Oct 13, 2013, 2:18 AM
News 95.7 Halifax ‏@News957 tweeted:

https://twitter.com/News957

Great night in local hockey #Mooseheads shutout SJ, hat trick for Sidney #Crosby and first NHL goal for Nathan #MacKinnon

:cheers: :worship:

q12
Apr 11, 2014, 8:15 PM
QMJHL’s Halifax Mooseheads Treats Fans to Mind-Blowing Pre-Game Light Show

See more at: http://www.totalprosports.com/2014/04/09/junior-hockey-halifax-mooseheads-pre-game-light-show-video/

Vimeo HD Link: http://vimeo.com/91408788

pL04INIzAWk

fenwick16
Apr 11, 2014, 9:19 PM
Vimeo HD Link: http://vimeo.com/91408788

Absolutely jaw-dropping. Thanks for posting it q12. That really is an amazing video clip.

Hopefully we will see the Mooseheads back at the Memorial Cup. So far, so good.

q12
Apr 11, 2014, 9:26 PM
Absolutely jaw-dropping. Thanks for posting it q12. That really is an amazing video clip.

Hopefully we will see the Mooseheads back at the Memorial Cup. So far, so good.

Yeah I thought this was something only the Olympics could do.

Mooseheads game is on TV nation wide on Sportsnet One tonight 8pm Atlantic time. (from Gatineau)

scooby074
Apr 12, 2014, 3:42 AM
The Q104 guys were talking about the show the other morning. Apparently its being done by a Nova Scotia company , which is cool. Everybody loves it and would like to see more of it, but according to them, its ungodly expensive to do.

Jstaleness
Apr 12, 2014, 3:24 PM
The Q104 guys were talking about the show the other morning. Apparently its being done by a Nova Scotia company , which is cool. Everybody loves it and would like to see more of it, but according to them, its ungodly expensive to do.
Too bad that its expensive. Imagine watching an away game on a giant rink size screen with 5000 other people.

scooby074
Apr 13, 2014, 3:51 AM
Too bad that its expensive. Imagine watching an away game on a giant rink size screen with 5000 other people.

Yeah its very impressive.

Id imagine the cost is in the setup and editing/programming of the effects. It'd be a lot of labour cost for a small market like Halifax.

Jstaleness
Apr 13, 2014, 9:15 PM
So I wonder then if straight video feed into the system would be that expensive?

scooby074
Apr 14, 2014, 2:19 AM
So I wonder then if straight video feed into the system would be that expensive?

Dunno. I think there is a LOT more going on production wise than just a straight video feed.

Some more info can be found here. Apparently it was a collaboration between Egg Studios and Sound Systems +
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/the-halifax-mooseheads-3-d-on-ice-show-you-have-to-see-to-believe/

http://thechronicleherald.ca/mooseheads/1199591-mooseheads-pre-game-show-drawing-rave-reviews

musicman
Apr 14, 2014, 3:28 AM
The system that was used is called Pandoras. It has multiple inputs/outputs (basically as many as you want to buy). they had 6 large projectors around the rim of the arena. It is a very time intensive project both from EGG studios and Sound Systems Plus. They did do an awesome job.. They also did the Bell Let's talk projections on City Hall at the end of january...

Jstaleness
Apr 16, 2014, 1:13 AM
Sounds like fans attending this weekends games will once again be treated to an on ice light show. It might be the same as before but still worth the watch.

fenwick16
Apr 23, 2014, 2:38 AM
Great comeback by the Mooseheads tonight. They were down 5-1 in the 2nd period but came back to tie it in the third and win it in overtime - http://theqmjhl.ca/schedule/show/game/67175. The final score was 6-5 for the Mooseheads.

If the Mooseheads had of lost tonight they would have been down 3 games to none, instead they are down 2 games to 1 game.

q12
Jun 25, 2014, 11:32 AM
Halifax (Cole Harbour) cleaned up at the NHL awards last night.

Crosby won:

Hart Trophy
Ted Lindsay Award
Art Ross Trophy

MacKinnon won:

Calder Trophy (Youngest player ever)