PDA

View Full Version : 3rd twilight movie to start filming in vancouver in august

SpongeG
Jul 29, 2009, 7:56 PM
:tup: exepct to see more stalkers around ;)

Bryce Dallas Howard joins third `Twilight' film
(AP) – 5 hours ago

LOS ANGELES — Bryce Dallas Howard is sinking her teeth into a role in the "Twilight" series.

Howard has been cast as the vampire Victoria in "Eclipse," the third film in the franchise.

She's taking over for Rachelle Lefevre (la-FAVE), who played the part in the first two movies, the 2008 smash "Twilight" and the upcoming "New Moon." Summit Entertainment says Lefevre isn't returning because of scheduling conflicts.

The 28-year-old Howard is no stranger to blockbusters, having co-starred in "Spider-Man 3" and "Terminator Salvation." She also appeared in "The Village" and "Lady in the Water."

"Eclipse," based on the third book in Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight" saga, is scheduled to begin shooting in Vancouver in August. Part two, "New Moon," comes out Nov. 20.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iHdqsTjEbN0JvkMxWaGMfO6FzEhwD99O5PTG0

Yume-sama
Jul 29, 2009, 7:58 PM
Never heard of her, though I have seen two of the movies she was supposedly in :P. But she's Ron Howard's daughter, apparently.

How many red-headed Howard's could there be, after-all.

Cypherus
Jul 29, 2009, 8:04 PM
She's not a bad actress. But I hate watching movies where the original actress is replaced by a new actress because it ruins the continuity of the character's mannerisms, behavior, and obviously, appearance.

SpongeG
Jul 29, 2009, 8:11 PM
it worked out ok for harry potter

but yah - i don't recall the character having much of a role in the first movie other than a few scenes anyway

Canadian Mind
Jul 29, 2009, 9:11 PM
it worked out ok for harry potter

but yah - i don't recall the character having much of a role in the first movie other than a few scenes anyway

Harry Potter was because the one dude died... And they aren't that much different from eachother between the movies.

Distill3d
Jul 29, 2009, 9:13 PM
ugh. they're making a 3rd one?

mr.x
Jul 30, 2009, 12:45 AM
lol another one? How many books are there?

metroXpress
Jul 30, 2009, 12:46 AM
^ Found it:

1. Twilight
2. New Moon
3. Eclipse
4. Breaking Dawn (Fall of 2008)
5. Midnight Sun (No set release date)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080203122511AAtI40f

JDRCRASH
Jul 30, 2009, 12:59 AM
Have they even finished New Moon yet?

SpongeG
Jul 30, 2009, 5:19 AM
its in post production - that one comes out this thanksgiving

I think they are trying to release one each year like they did with the Harry Potter books

Distill3d
Jul 30, 2009, 1:40 PM
^ Found it:

1. Twilight
2. New Moon
3. Eclipse
4. Breaking Dawn (Fall of 2008)
5. Midnight Sun (No set release date)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080203122511AAtI40f

I can see two of those turning into direct to DVD release...

johnjimbc
Jul 30, 2009, 4:20 PM
doubtful. They have really tapped into the pre-teen and teenage zietgeist on this one. I do think they are completing the series quickly to capitalize on that, which is probably smart. I would be stunned if the others don't do as well or better than the first one, or at least decent at the box office.

The funny thing is the first movie was actually pretty decent. I found it as entertaining as most movies these days, and one of the better teen-flicks in quite a while. How refreshing to have a movie where the main characters aren't trapped in a 1) house, 2) island, 3) carnival, 4) hotel and slowly hacked off one by one by a "mystery evil presence" ;).

By constrast, the movie actually told a story that was compelling to watch. The cinematography was great. The acting of the main characters, hyped as they may be, was also pretty decent. I hope Kristen Stewart - Bella ;) - proceeds on from this without being typecast. She's quite a good actress from the couple of other movies I've seen her in and she's decent in this. I think the movie would have lost a lot without her. I could see her moving on to bigger and better things; she reminds me of Jodie Foster when she was younger.

Robert Pattinson's 15 minutes of hyper-teen obsession will probably pass soon, but he might be relieved about that ;).

Yume-sama
Jul 30, 2009, 5:48 PM
Yeah, Twilight is pretty popular...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLvNGZjMt8I

LotusLand
Jul 30, 2009, 7:05 PM
Yeah and its set in the pacific northwest, and if I recall correctly in the first movie they mentioned taking a ferry to vancouver or something. So its natural that they film out here seeing that it set just outside of seattle.

NetMapel
Jul 30, 2009, 7:24 PM
Can't hate the movie for creating more jobs here in BC :)

SpongeG
Jul 31, 2009, 12:59 AM
Yeah and its set in the pacific northwest, and if I recall correctly in the first movie they mentioned taking a ferry to vancouver or something. So its natural that they film out here seeing that it set just outside of seattle.

yes they pretended to take a ferry to Vancouver to escape the bad vampires

mr.x
Jul 31, 2009, 4:00 AM
^ lol, was Vancouver ever shown on screen (as Vancouver)? :p

SpongeG
Aug 6, 2009, 9:12 PM
^^^ No

Twilight cast gathers in Vancouver for Eclipse

VANCOUVER - Vancouver Twi-hards are still waiting for Twilight saga stars Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen) and Kristen Stewart (Bella Swan) to arrive, but many of the other cast members are already here to begin rehearsing for the shooting of Eclipse.

Taylor Lautner (Jacob Black), Kellan Lutz (Emmet), Nikki Reed (Rosalie) and Ashley Greene (Alice Cullen) are already in town and have been photographed by relentless paparazzi and fans in the airport Monday and strolling downtown in the days since.

Stewart remains in Los Angeles to wrap production of The Runaways, in which she plays tough-as-nails 80s rocker Joan Jett.

Pattinson is in New York City shooting Remember Me. Even in the Big Apple, Pattinson has had a hard time shaking Twilight fans, who chased him into traffic where he was grazed by a taxi cab.

Rehearsals for the new film - based on the third instalment of the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer - will begin next week.

Filming is scheduled to get underway Aug. 17, but that could change. Rehearsals for New Moon went so quickly that shooting began a week early.

New Moon production took place in a variety of locations around Metro Vancouver, including Port Coquitlam, Surrey and Tofino on Vancouver Island. All those will be used again for Eclipse, but the storyline will require an urban backdrop, so look for shoots in the heritage district of downtown Vancouver, the only place in B.C. that could stand in for Seattle.

Busy 14-year-old actor Jodelle Ferland announced on Twitter Wednesday that she has accepted a role in the film and gained 2,500 new followers over the next 24 hours.

The Nanaimo-born Ferland appeared the creepy thriller Silent Hill, which grossed nearly $100 million. Ferland worked with Twilight saga lead Kristen Stewart on the 2007 feature The Messenger.

She has recently completed work on Case 39 with Rene Zellweger. Ferland is believed to have the role of Bree, a recently turned vampire bent on revenge.

Fellow Canadian Rachelle Lefevre was dumped from her role as Victoria, in favour of American actor Bryce Dallas Howard.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Twilight+cast+gathers+Vancouver+Eclipse/1866366/story.html

Yume-sama
Aug 6, 2009, 9:21 PM
Yes, all the teenage girls are stalking Taylor Lautner
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/archive/2009/08/05/spotted_taylor_lautner_nikki_reed_with_fans_in_vancouver.php

And one weird guy.
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/bfm_gallery/2009/08/taylor_lautner_nikki_reed_in_vancouver/gallery_main/gallery_main-taylor-lautner-fans-nikki-reed-2-vancouver-08052009-07.jpg

Reminds me of when the Gotti brothers were still famous in NYC, and a bunch of screaming girls ran past me down the sidewalk shouting "FRANKKKIIEEEEE!!!"

Though I don't know how you can tell one Guido from another in NYC...

mr.x
Aug 6, 2009, 9:30 PM
^ WOW. <<<3333 i'm definitely gonna start watching these movies now!

SpongeG
Aug 6, 2009, 9:34 PM
haha hes jail bait! hes pretty young - hes only 17 - he was on some kid show not too long ago

here he was on robson

http://www.newmoonmovie.org/images/taylor-lautner-vancouver-canada-robson.jpg

mr.x
Aug 6, 2009, 9:35 PM
One more year!

Yume-sama
Aug 6, 2009, 9:36 PM
haha hes jail bait! hes pretty young - hes only 17 - he was on some kid show not too long ago

here he was on robson

http://www.newmoonmovie.org/images/taylor-lautner-vancouver-canada-robson.jpg

SHARK BOY AND LAVA GIRL 3D! :yes:

WarrenC12
Aug 6, 2009, 9:54 PM
And one weird guy.
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/bfm_gallery/2009/08/taylor_lautner_nikki_reed_in_vancouver/gallery_main/gallery_main-taylor-lautner-fans-nikki-reed-2-vancouver-08052009-07.jpg

Wow that looks A LOT like Crazy P from the BC Lions games.. LOL.

mr.x
Aug 6, 2009, 10:02 PM
Far too dreamy. No wonder why girls are all over these movies.

SpongeG
Aug 6, 2009, 10:19 PM
you should look for the shirtless pics lol

metroXpress
Aug 6, 2009, 10:26 PM
^ oh...they are everywhere

Canadian Mind
Aug 6, 2009, 10:35 PM
Is everyone gay on this forum?

Just throwing it out there, cause there was way more guys commenting on the pride parade and this then I expected. :P

mr.x
Aug 6, 2009, 10:38 PM
you should look for the shirtless pics lol

Done....and I mean, done.
http://gossipteen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/shirtless-taylor-lautner-jacob-black-new-moon-poster.jpg

SpongeG
Aug 6, 2009, 10:53 PM
hehe all cleaned up? ;)

nova9
Aug 7, 2009, 12:18 AM
read the books. haha. i dare you. i've done it.

SpongeG
Aug 7, 2009, 1:07 AM
i heard her style of writing is pretty bad and hard to read

mr.x
Aug 7, 2009, 2:20 AM
Hmmm....trying to find the first movie.

Screw the books, there's no [pretty] pictures. :p

nova9
Aug 7, 2009, 2:26 AM
i heard her style of writing is pretty bad and hard to read

it'll take you less than an hour to read the first one. she writes in dialogue so it reads like a script. blech. though to be fair, she is very consistent in tone from book 1 to 4 and that's difficult to do.

in terms of filming, i never understood why the first one was filmed in oregon anyways. i mean, if you're going to be in the area anyways, you should just take advantage of our world class crew here - they really are great.

the book is set in Forks, Washington so it makes sense. which btw, you can book a twilight tour that takes you down to forks across the border (eyeroll)

still, i'm going to watch the movies so i should just be quiet and stop being a hypocrite.

Yume-sama
Aug 7, 2009, 2:27 AM
I don't reaaaallly understand the fascination with it.

But I do like True Blood on HBO :P Vampires are in!

mr.x
Aug 7, 2009, 2:41 AM
^ HOW COULD YOU NOT BE FASCINATED WITH THIS? I NOW UNDERSTAND WHY GIRLS SCREAM AT TWILIGHT PREVIEWS AT THE THEATRE!
http://gossipteen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/shirtless-taylor-lautner-jacob-black-new-moon-poster.jpg

Canadian Mind
Aug 7, 2009, 2:49 AM
^ HOW COULD YOU NOT BE FASCINATED WITH THIS? I NOW UNDERSTAND WHY GIRLS SCREAM AT TWILIGHT PREVIEWS AT THE THEATRE!

I like looking at topless women? Each to their own I guess. :shrug:

nova9
Aug 7, 2009, 3:39 AM

this photo is, btw, a fake.

Whalleyboy
Aug 7, 2009, 5:11 AM
Hmmm....trying to find the first movie.

Screw the books, there's no [pretty] pictures. :p

you should read the books still

mr.x
Aug 7, 2009, 5:14 AM
lol, i was kidding.

SpongeG
Aug 7, 2009, 5:34 AM
the real dude and his body - seems less chesty here

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2009/03/taylor-lautner-shirtless-abs.jpg

http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/taylor-lautner/taylor-lautner-20071113-337892.jpg

mr.x
Aug 7, 2009, 5:36 AM
^ when was that taken? i mean, all it takes is a 6-month workout and a continously body builder diet to get to the picture on page 2.

Distill3d
Aug 7, 2009, 9:15 PM
Is everyone gay on this forum?

Just throwing it out there, cause there was way more guys commenting on the pride parade and this then I expected. :P

LOL I've been wondering the saaaaaaaaaaame thing for a couple days now. I mean, I'm straight, but those queens put on a good show.

mr.x
Aug 7, 2009, 9:19 PM
I think there was a poll done in the Canada forum some years ago, and if I recall correctly almost 40% said they were gay and a few percentage points for bi's. I can only assume it's because this forum, obviously, has to do with design (yes, this stereotype is actually true)....and then there's something about looking up at a skyscraper right outside from ground level.

Vancity
Aug 7, 2009, 10:24 PM
I've never really been into these movies. Never saw Twilight, and I don't plan on seeing the other sequels either. I dunno. The same went with Harry Potter. Never got into that either. But like one poster said, if it's bringing more jobs to BC - I'm not complainin'.

Metro-One
Aug 7, 2009, 10:40 PM
To bad that the town of "Forks" in Washington state is getting all the tourism and not Vancouver out of these films. Would love to see a major movie filmed in Vancouver that actually takes place in Vancouver one day, or at least a decent tip of the hat to Vancouver in the behind the scenes DVD extras! Seriously, I have watched the DVD specials of so many movies filmed in Vancouver and almost all of them say nothing about Vancouver or BC, but for some reason if you watch the behind the scenes of a movie filmed in New Zealand all you generally hear is fluff about New Zealand!

And for the record I have never understood why there are so many gay people on this forum (sometimes I feel I am the only straight one, haha), I always thought construction of freeways, trains and buildings would be more of a "macho" thing, hehe. Although I defientely do not consider myself macho. Then again, the Simpsons did shed light on the truth behind steel mills.

mr.x
Aug 7, 2009, 10:46 PM
To bad that the town of "Forks" in Washington state is getting all the tourism and not Vancouver out of these films. Would love to see a major movie filmed in Vancouver that actually takes place in Vancouver one day, or at least a decent tip of the hat to Vancouver in the behind the scenes DVD extras! Seriously, I have watched the DVD specials of so many movies filmed in Vancouver and almost all of them say nothing about Vancouver or BC, but for some reason if you watch the behind the scenes of a movie filmed in New Zealand all you generally hear is fluff about New Zealand!

That's the most retarded thing I've heard all week.

Metro-One
Aug 7, 2009, 10:47 PM
Never mind, haha. I have not been following the Twilight saga at all. For some reason i though the first one was filmed here as well, not just the second and soon to be third, ugh, dunce cap time, but i do stand behind what i said about the DVD extras in other films.

Canadian Mind
Aug 8, 2009, 1:38 AM
That's the most retarded thing I've heard all week.

First one almost went to Vancouver...

Then the chick ended up in Arizona. :yuck:

mr.x
Aug 8, 2009, 8:33 AM
^ LMAO.

Just watched it, and gotta say I loved it!

deasine
Aug 8, 2009, 8:43 AM
Ehh... hated the movie. Well I didn't hate the movie until I watched it because everyone said they loved it and then realized I wasted two hours of my life. The book was just horrible.

Canadian Mind
Aug 8, 2009, 2:59 PM
You know... A Final Destination movie where the accident that kills everyone was a Sytrain bridge collapse caused by a ship collision or Lions gate collase caused by the same deal would be kinda neat...

Or to make it not so close to home, the 1300 foot tram up in Whistler collapses because of either a planecrash or an earthquake, and all the following death shinanigans happened in and around Vancouver.

nova9
Aug 8, 2009, 5:54 PM
there is a bit of tourism to vancouver - but mostly like a celebrity safari. it's call twilight tours or something and they take tourists to forks, WA and then to vancouver to known sets (whether those locations are currently filming i dunno) but yeah. huindreds of people have apparently gone on the tours.

i know when the 2nd movie was filming at my workplace, there were just craploads of people outside watching and hoping for a glimpse.