PDA

View Full Version : [Houston] The Titan

Wattleigh
Jan 23, 2008, 5:18 PM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/TitanColor.jpg

26 Floors
80 Units

A Randall Davis Company (http://www.randalldavis.com) Project

The sales office at Post Oak and Garrettson opened in January and construction is projected to begin in late 2008 and end in 2010. The promotional banners around the base of the Cosmopolitan construction site across the site have been changed from advertising that project to a block-long or so billboard for The Titan.

More info will be forthcoming as the developer releases names of partners involved with the project and the sales packets are mailed out over the upcoming weeks.

Great_Hizzy
Jan 23, 2008, 7:25 PM
The website doesn't really say much so far.

Xeelee
Jan 23, 2008, 7:38 PM
Yeah I know...

Wattleigh
Jan 23, 2008, 8:07 PM
The website doesn't really say much so far.

Yeah, it actually seems to be one of the less comprehensive projects I've encountered overall. When they opened the sales office, the floor plans were still being worked on and only maybe 5-7 complete ones were visible for visitors. The broker had to download the few from a secure server, so there weren't any even in print at the time. According to her, they were finalized that morning. A lot of it is understandable since the project doesn't launch until next month, but still... if you're doing an open preview, it would help to have everything in order.

Major AWACS
Jan 23, 2008, 10:28 PM
I like the rendering though!

hope it comes to fruition.

Ciao,
AWACS

verbl
Jan 23, 2008, 10:58 PM
Thats rad!

KevinFromTexas
Jan 24, 2008, 3:03 AM
I posted this in the Houston compilation thread, but the building to the left is 1200 Post Oak. That building is 359 feet tall. So I would guess The Titan could end up being about 450 feet with the spire and probably close to 400 feet to the roof.

BSofA04
Jan 24, 2008, 6:31 AM
Houston and "Titan" will never sound good together. Bad choice of words.

Xeelee
Jan 24, 2008, 2:49 PM
Ah you mean because of the football team?

Wattleigh
Jan 24, 2008, 4:30 PM
I posted this in the Houston compilation thread, but the building to the left is 1200 Post Oak. That building is 359 feet tall. So I would guess The Titan could end up being about 450 feet with the spire and probably close to 400 feet to the roof.

I requested the various heights from the broker I've been dealing with, so hopefully I'll be hearing back on that soon.

BSofA04
Jan 24, 2008, 11:33 PM
Ah you mean because of the football team?

Yeah, many people in Houston despise Bud Adams and his Tenn. Titans.

Saddle Man
Jan 25, 2008, 12:41 AM
Bud Adams was one of the major reasons I stopped watching professional team sports.

Trae
Jan 25, 2008, 1:02 AM
Yeah, many people in Houston despise Bud Adams and his Tenn. Titans.

I would say 99% of people in Houston despise Bud Adams.

SAguy
Jan 25, 2008, 2:18 AM
Titan- Very nice tower.

Wattleigh
Feb 13, 2008, 9:48 PM
I received the sales packet in the mail today, and it was full of the floorplans for the units. There are 21 different ones to choose from, it appears. A special letter was also included, mentioning that pricing & contract executions would occur around May and construction should begin by July. Also, the website should be updated and a promotional video should be online within the next 15 days.

As is standard with the other Randall Davis properties, there is a cocktail party scheduled for March 5th in the Cosmopolitan (across the street from the Titan's sales office) where their reps will be showing off amenities and attempting to sell units.

Boquillas
Feb 14, 2008, 12:20 AM
I like the flatiron style shape of the building, but I think the spire undermines the emphasis on the wedge-shaped cross-section. It looks kind of Disney Tomorrowland-ish. I would like the design a lot better without the spire, but it's good for Houston.

Wattleigh
Feb 20, 2008, 11:26 PM
The website (http://www.randalldavis.com/titan) has been updated and includes a video with a 3D model of the building from various angles...

Great_Hizzy
Feb 21, 2008, 12:16 AM
Is that thing to scale? Because in the 3-D it looks like it's easily 500 feet.

KevinFromTexas
Feb 21, 2008, 2:11 AM
Yeah, I was thinking it looked taller there. The roof of it looked to be ~75 feet over 1200 Post Oak, then the spire about another 100 feet.

priller
Feb 21, 2008, 3:54 AM
I like it! What is that on the side, a jumbo-tron?

Complex01
Feb 21, 2008, 3:04 PM
Wow, nice. I like those pools at the top...

:yes:

Wattleigh
Feb 21, 2008, 4:02 PM
Is that thing to scale? Because in the 3-D it looks like it's easily 500 feet.

I'd guess it's a rough model that gets the sizing relatively close, but not really precise. Just something to show to perspective buyers, writers, etc. If I'm not mistaken, the renderings of the Cosmopolitan varied at times. Sometimes it's taller, others it's shorter. If Titan does happen to be as tall as the video hinted, I won't complain.:cool:

Wattleigh
Mar 2, 2008, 6:49 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/sarnoff/5583898.html

Name-dropping

What do Steven Spielberg, Winston Churchill and Bill Gates have in common with Houston real estate?

They're all names of floor plans in Randall Davis' latest condo creation, suitably named Titan.

"They're who I consider to be great titans of the world," said Davis, who's throwing a soiree this week to jump-start sales in the 80-unit Uptown building.

The 26-story tower is planned for a 25,000-square-foot site on Post Oak Boulevard and Garrettson, just north of San Felipe.

Davis is buying the land from McDonald's, which has a two-story restaurant there. The sale is expected to close this summer.

Sometime after that, the McDonald's will go, but the hamburger chain is keeping a portion of the land to build a sleek new store as part of its "re-imaging" program, spokesman Adam Salgado said.

Davis expects condo prices to range from $500,000 to
$4.5 million.

Units will range in size from 1,150 square feet to 6,000 square feet. Two-story penthouses will have rooftop pools.

The building will be white, or a shade close to it, and accented with green glass and green lights near the top of the building resembling "inset jewels in a crown," Davis said.

And the tower will be topped with a 75-foot spire that will glow green at night.

It was designed by Michael Graham of Element Architects.

Davis said Titan will be his swankiest project yet.

Select units will have private pools, and as for the kitchens and bathrooms, "We've taken the appliance package to the top of the food chain," Davis said, rattling off luxury brand names.

But what about the housing slowdown and talk of a recession? Davis doesn't think selling 80 units in a city the size of Houston is anything to seriously fret about.

But he's dangling a carrot in front of early buyers in the way of $100,000 off the price of a penthouse and $50,000 off other units.

He's about sold out of units in Cosmopolitan, a condo project he's building across Post Oak from the Titan site.

All but two of the condos are spoken for. The last units in the building went under contract for just under $400 per square foot.

"People who have bought at Cosmo have made a very good buy in today's world," said Davis.

Wattleigh
Mar 2, 2008, 6:54 PM
This invitation has been going out to those (including yours truly) who registered to obtain more info. They actually sent out a print version in the mail as well.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w208/houtosme/TitanInvite.jpg