PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger Vancouver movie canceled?

mr.x
Jan 23, 2008, 2:24 AM
I just got back home, and the first thing I read was "Heath Ledger: Dead at 28"......it nearly killed me. He's one of the few actors I actually liked. He had a lot of talent, with huge potential. This is a huge loss to hollywood.

He was supposed to be in Vancouver on Friday to film "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus". I don't know if it's going to be canceled or delayed with its leading actor gone.

http://www.aolcdn.com/aolr/knights-tale-heath-ledger-400a101106.jpg

SpongeG
Jan 23, 2008, 2:39 AM
they talked about it on CFUN today

raggedy13
Jan 23, 2008, 4:24 AM
What!? He died?? I need to pick up a newspaper more often. That's quite sad. He seemed like a nice guy.

mr.x
Jan 23, 2008, 4:50 AM
What!? He died?? I need to pick up a newspaper more often. That's quite sad. He seemed like a nice guy.

he was my favourite actor: talented, young, and hot....turned on my computer, and the first thing i saw on my homepage were those headlines. I just couldn't believe it, didn't seem real at first - i thought it was some joke. But then, i searched it up on Google News and found something like 1,500 articles.

Jacques
Jan 23, 2008, 5:37 AM
A French blog yesterday reported that after the London shooting scenes were done there, they had schedule to come to Vancouver, BC to film some of the more seedy part in some secret location, I couldn't find the website but if I search hard enough I will find it, now I gather its cancelled, may he rest in Peace

Hong Kongese
Jul 23, 2008, 6:04 AM
Went to watch the "Dark Knight" on last saturday night, there was a long line up. The movie was really good and it was 2 and 1/2 hours long.

Heath Ledger played extremely well as the joker and i think he will win an award in the Oscar.

SpongeG
Jul 23, 2008, 6:11 AM
as for the movie filmed here

they decided to go with a number of actors portraying the same character

johnny depp was one of them and he was here for filming

Jacques
Jul 23, 2008, 7:37 AM
Terry Gilliam in a interview during Ischia Global Film Festival (Italy) has said that the movie will be completed within November. So, 2009 will be respected, and maybe will be presented at Cannes (next May).

Link (in italian)
http://www.ilmessaggero.it/articolo_app.php?id=8475&sez=HOME_CINEMA&npl=&desc_sez=

mr.x
Jul 23, 2008, 7:42 AM
as for the movie filmed here

they decided to go with a number of actors portraying the same character

johnny depp was one of them and he was here for filming

Ledger's role was recast with Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell portraying physically changed transformations of Ledger's character as he travels through dimensions.

As for Dark Knight, i saw it last Friday at Riverport on IMAX and it was worth every penny.....amazing performance by not just Heath but by the entire cast. I really hope that this film wins a ton of Oscars, it's now one of my favourite movies.

deasine
Jul 23, 2008, 8:10 AM
good. 'cuz I'm planning to watch it this friday... that's if there isn't another chem test X_X"

SpongeG
Jul 23, 2008, 9:32 PM
Ledger's role was recast with Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell portraying physically changed transformations of Ledger's character as he travels through dimensions.

As for Dark Knight, i saw it last Friday at Riverport on IMAX and it was worth every penny.....amazing performance by not just Heath but by the entire cast. I really hope that this film wins a ton of Oscars, it's now one of my favourite movies.

even the dude who beat up his mom and sister?

mr.x
Jul 23, 2008, 9:58 PM
even the dude who beat up his mom and sister?

read more closely:

"The Dark Knight" star Christian Bale confronted his mother on Sunday after she allegedly insulted his wife, the U.K.'s Daily Mail reported.

Sources close to the Batman actor, who was arrested on Tuesday on an assault claim, told the Mail that Bale "flew off the handle" at London's Dorchester hotel after Jenny Bale said "some outrageous things."

The Welsh-born actor, 34, was arrested and released on bail without being charged with assault, which he has denied.

Meanwhile, sources directly connected to the Bale case told TMZ.com that Bale pushed or brushed his mom out of the way during the alleged altercation, but she was not hurt and did not fall down.

There are also reports circulating that Bale was arrested for verbal assault. In England, there are two classes of verbal assault, Class 4 and Class 5. Class 4 is more aggravated than 5, with "an intent to cause alarm."

Bale is also said to have become depressed over the death of close friend and "Dark Knight" co-star Heath Ledger, the Mail reports.

"Christian was stressed, but he didn’t lay a finger on anyone. Instead, he flew off the handle and cussed his mother," a source said. "He just got very loud because his mother was saying some very outrageous things about him, and his wife".

"Christian's attitude is that this was his mother's fault because she became very provocative in an argument they were having," the source said, adding: "Things got out of control and he now says he wishes he just left the room.

The incident apparently comes at a time when his marriage to Sandra "Sibi" Blazic, a former model and makeup artist and the mother of the couple's young daughter, is enduring difficulties, according to the Mail.

Sounds like the whole thing was blown out of proportion by British tabloids in the first place, which later spewed false rumours at other outlets around the world that he attacked his mother and sister. I couldn't care less about it.