PDA

View Full Version : Will Houston ever get another Theme Park???

totheskies
Dec 29, 2007, 5:45 PM
So Six Flags Astroworld has been gone over two years now... and there's literally nothing left of it.

Is Houston planning on having another year-round theme park anytime soon? It seems like such a waste in a metro of nearly 6 million, great economy, good weather and LOTS of space to build it. Don't get me wrong San Antonio is great, but we need to shed a little more of our worktown/workhorse image by establishing a fun place for our kids. What do you guys think??

Trae
Dec 29, 2007, 5:59 PM
Have you not heard about Earth Quest Adventures?

TexasBoi
Dec 29, 2007, 6:07 PM
Have you not heard about Earth Quest Adventures?

No, not many people have outside of just a few on these message boards including the posters from Houston. Because you haven't much about it.

totheskies
Dec 29, 2007, 6:13 PM
Sorry guys... yes I had heard about Dinosaur City but thought that the plans had been dropped. The reformation to EQA sounds pretty sweet. I agree though, 59 north of the airport would be a better location than 45.

Trae
Dec 29, 2007, 6:24 PM
No, not many people have outside of just a few on these message boards including the posters from Houston. Because you haven't much about it.
There is a pretty big thread at HAIF, where I believe tottheskies belongs to. It got some good media coverage in Houston last summer when the announced the concept and location.

totheskies
Dec 29, 2007, 8:50 PM
There is a pretty big thread at HAIF, where I believe tottheskies belongs to. It got some good media coverage in Houston last summer when the announced the concept and location.

Yeah, and I found the thread on HAIF... but there hasn't been a peep about it in the media SINCE last summer. I was aware of plans for Dinosaur City, and assumed that the plans had fallen through b/c no one is talking about it.

Trae
Dec 30, 2007, 1:21 AM
Dinosaur City is no more. That thing was only going to be like 40 acres I believe. Earth Quest Adventures is at 150 acres and has land to expand to over 200 acres.

totheskies
Dec 31, 2007, 3:55 AM
Sounds good. I hope EQA can grab a share of the huge theme park market.

The great thing about Houston is that the city is large enough (population-wise and economic strength) to support most any venture, but it would be great to establish a regional or even national attraction. Personally, I think that NASA is a goldmine for a themepark. Anti-gravity chambers, rocket rollercoasters, all sorts of Space City novelties!!

Trae
Dec 31, 2007, 5:35 AM
And that is what I want NASA/Space Center to become. Hopefully something like that happens. It would be a goldmine.

Xeelee
Dec 31, 2007, 4:10 PM
They are going to build another theme park way out past 1960 and 290.