PDA

View Full Version : New Brunwick's Employment Growth Rate Leads Country

Alberta Bound
Dec 8, 2007, 7:39 PM
http://www.statcan.ca/Daily/English/071207/d071207a.htm

Some stats I pulled on employment growth rate for the past 12 months.

% Change Nov 06-Nov07
New Brunswick 4.7%
British Columbia 4.0%
Alberta 3.0%
Quebec 2.9%
Manitoba 2.9%
Ontario 2.2%
Saskatchewan 1.4%
Nova Scotia 1.2%
Prince Edward Island -0.7%
Newfoundland and Labrador -0.9%
Canada average 2.9%

Couldn't find any statistics for CMA's in New Brunswick besides Saint John, where employment grew by a whopping 11.5% from Nov 2006 - Nov 2007 :cool:

I didn't look in full detail but I didn't see another Canadian city in the latest labour force tables showing higher 12 month employment growth.
http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/lfss04g.htm

michael_d40
Dec 8, 2007, 9:23 PM
http://www.statcan.ca/Daily/English/071207/d071207a.htm

Some stats I pulled on employment growth rate for the past 12 months.

% Change Nov 06-Nov07
New Brunswick 4.7%
British Columbia 4.0%
Alberta 3.0%
Quebec 2.9%
Manitoba 2.9%
Ontario 2.2%
Saskatchewan 1.4%
Nova Scotia 1.2%
Prince Edward Island -0.7%
Newfoundland and Labrador -0.9%
Canada average 2.9%

Couldn't find any statistics for CMA's in New Brunswick besides Saint John, where employment grew by a whopping 11.5% from Nov 2006 - Nov 2007 :cool:

I didn't look in full detail but I didn't see another Canadian city in the latest labour force tables showing higher 12 month employment growth.
http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/lfss04g.htm

Lol if that keeps up you are going to have to change you name to New Brunswick bound.... or Better yet Saint John bound !

kwajo
Dec 9, 2007, 1:35 AM
Lol if that keeps up you are going to have to change you name to New Brunswick bound.... or Better yet Saint John bound !
That'd roast a few Moncton nuts ;)

ErickMontreal
Dec 9, 2007, 2:20 AM
That'd roast a few Moncton nuts ;)

Not really :) The latest report about Moncton CMA.

Southeast and Moncton

The labour market improved in August 2007 in Southeast New Brunswick. Employment went up. The unemployment rate decreased because there were fewer unemployed people.

Compared to August 2006, the Moncton labour market improved slightly in August 2007. Employment rose and the employment rate was up slightly. Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell at 4.3 %.

http://www1.servicecanada.gc.ca/en/nb/moncton/lmi/lmbaugust07.shtml

Moreover, The participation rate to the labour market is the significantly higher in Moncton than in Saint John.

michael_d40
Dec 9, 2007, 2:50 AM
Not really :) The latest report about Moncton CMA.

Southeast and Moncton

The labour market improved in August 2007 in Southeast New Brunswick. Employment went up. The unemployment rate decreased because there were fewer unemployed people.

Compared to August 2006, the Moncton labour market improved slightly in August 2007. Employment rose and the employment rate was up slightly. Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell at 4.3 %.

http://www1.servicecanada.gc.ca/en/nb/moncton/lmi/lmbaugust07.shtml

Moreover, The participation rate to the labour market is the significantly higher in Moncton than in Saint John.

meh,
Digging up retarded facts just to compensate that you dont live in SJ is all it is.
Some day you will have the ability to live here, Dont worry. Your time will come. then it will be alright, and the moncton inferiority complex wont be a problem anymore for ya :D

ErickMontreal
Dec 9, 2007, 3:01 AM
meh,
Digging up retarded facts just to compensate that you dont live in SJ is all it is.
Some day you will have the ability to live here, Dont worry. Your time will come. then it will be alright, and the moncton inferiority complex wont be a problem anymore for ya :D

You`re really funny :haha: However, you have a point, I don`t have any abilities to work on pipeline or pulp mills as well. Anyway, trying to debate with you is a waste of time. .

michael_d40
Dec 9, 2007, 3:02 AM
You`re really funny :haha: However, you have a point, I don`t have any abilities to work on pipeline or pulp mills as well. Anyway, trying to debate with you is a waste of time. .

Get 'em Kwajo

ErickMontreal
Dec 9, 2007, 3:08 AM
Anyway, I did not try to discredited your perfect world Miked40, I wanted pointed out the fact both cities are doing well.

mmmatt
Dec 9, 2007, 10:15 AM
meh,

"retarded facts"?

They are facts regarding employment...the subject at hand, how does that make them retarded?

mmmatt
Dec 11, 2007, 2:38 PM
From T&T Dec 8th 2007

"Metro Moncton continues to lead the province in employment, with 71,400 people working last month, up by nearly 5,000 from the previous November.

The city's unemployment rate dropped to 4.9 per cent from 5.3, reflecting nearly 4,000 people.

Fredericton's unemployment rate hovered around 5.0 per cent -- 2,500 people -- but employment grew to 49,200, adding 1,300 people to the workforce from the November prior.

Saint John had the province's largest year-over-year job growth, with 68,300 people in the port city working -- up by 7,000 jobs.

Unemployment remained unchanged at 3,800 people without work."

EDIT: SJs unemployment rate is 4.9% currently as well...if anyone was wondering.

Seems to me all 3 cities are doing very well this year :tup:

Seely32
Dec 18, 2007, 10:45 PM
The only that I can take from these stats in saint john is if we can sustain or lower this uneployment rate. When the construction boom is over do we see half of the 7000 lose thier jobs or can we find other work for these people. Trade services are tricky we may be booming with need at this time but in five year when the well is dry(peoples pockets) where can we find an alternative means of sustainable job growth.

Call Centers can not employ an entire city we need more offices, new ones renovated ones, we need to attract companies to set up shop in our city.

kwajo
Dec 18, 2007, 11:13 PM
Seems to me all 3 cities are doing very well this year

This is just the beginning. The 21st Century will belong to New Brunswick! The Renaissance has begun!

Alberta Bound
Dec 19, 2007, 2:38 AM
The only that I can take from these stats in saint john is if we can sustain or lower this uneployment rate. When the construction boom is over do we see half of the 7000 lose thier jobs or can we find other work for these people. Trade services are tricky we may be booming with need at this time but in five year when the well is dry(peoples pockets) where can we find an alternative means of sustainable job growth.

Call Centers can not employ an entire city we need more offices, new ones renovated ones, we need to attract companies to set up shop in our city.

Even if half of the 7000 workers lost their jobs after these potential projects are completed, Saint John will still be further ahead. With the construction of the LNG plant (65% complete), the natural gas line into the US, the existing and potential new oil refinery and potential additional reactors at Point Lepreau, Saint John will be become an eastern Canada leader in the midstream and downstream oil and gas industry and in nuclear energy.