PDA

View Full Version : How many Halifax forumers at SSP?

Mike K.
Sep 30, 2007, 12:16 AM
Just curious about the number of forumers we have here who live in Halifax.

alps
Sep 30, 2007, 12:31 AM
Me, woohoo

So how 'bout that transit strike. :mad:

michael_d40
Sep 30, 2007, 1:17 AM
Chillin in Saint John !! :notacrook:

mmmatt
Sep 30, 2007, 5:11 AM
Fredericton!!!! :D

keninhalifax
Sep 30, 2007, 11:09 AM
Hooray for Barrington Street.

hfx_chris
Sep 30, 2007, 2:14 PM
Dartmouth!
Which is technically part of Halifax, so I answered that I'm from Halifax.

Wishblade
Sep 30, 2007, 3:14 PM
Hali!!!! Wooooo! lol

Halifax Hillbilly
Sep 30, 2007, 3:30 PM
Me, woohoo

So how 'bout that transit strike. :mad:

Fingers still crossed but it's not looking good. As bad as Metro Transit is it still gets me around.

Haliguy
Sep 30, 2007, 5:34 PM
Just heard the transit strike has been averted.:banana:

skyscraper_1
Sep 30, 2007, 5:39 PM
^ Phew!

I live in Northend Dartmouth and work in Halifax so no transit means no work!

Canasian
Oct 3, 2007, 3:44 PM
St. John's!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

kwajo
Oct 3, 2007, 3:50 PM
I'm a Saint Johner (NB) currently in St. John's (NL) and once lived in Halifax.

I suppose now I just need to live in Charlottetown for little while, and I'll have the Royal Flush of Maritime cities. :cheers:

Seely32
Oct 3, 2007, 4:14 PM
Saint John
:)

Wishblade
Oct 3, 2007, 5:08 PM
Correct me if Im wrong, but I didn't think Newfoundland was part of the maritimes, but rather just part of the 'atlantic provinces'. :shrug:

Regardless, he probably meant to include it when creating the poll :cheers:

Canasian
Oct 3, 2007, 5:48 PM
You're right wishblade, Newfoundland and Labrador is actually "Atlantic Canada" and technicly not the Maritimes, but gotta rep the rock!!!!

Mike K.
Oct 3, 2007, 10:45 PM
They are? Well I'll be... :)

Mike K.
Oct 8, 2007, 1:12 AM
Haligonians, how would you guys (and girls?) feel about a SSP:Local Halifax sub-forum, that would present you with categories for an environment more conducive to not only development discussions but Halifax's urbanism in general?

Vancouver (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161) is already setup like this, if you haven't already checked it out.

alps
Oct 8, 2007, 1:49 AM
Haligonians, how would you guys (and girls?) feel about a SSP:Local Halifax sub-forum, that would present you with categories for an environment more conducive to not only development discussions but Halifax's urbanism in general?

Vancouver (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161) is already setup like this, if you haven't already checked it out.
I would loove that! I think it would bring some more regulars...I know there are a lot of people that seem to read the Halifax development thread but never register. I was like that for a year or so, and a lot of new people say stuff like "I've been reading for a while...". Maybe this'll get them to join?

Wishblade
Oct 8, 2007, 2:15 AM
I would loove that! I think it would bring some more regulars...I know there are a lot of people that seem to read the Halifax development thread but never register. I was like that for a year or so, and a lot of new people say stuff like "I've been reading for a while...". Maybe this'll get them to join?

Totally agree. This could really kick-start the Halifax discussions.

Haliguy
Oct 8, 2007, 5:34 PM
I think that would be great!

Mike K.
Oct 8, 2007, 6:29 PM
Cool. I'll start up a separate thread soon and start asking a few questions pertaining to the concept.

kinkydawg
Oct 9, 2007, 3:46 AM
Great Idea.

CCF
Oct 9, 2007, 3:53 AM
Hmmm, interesting that Halifax is next in line given that there doesn't seem to be that many posters.

Mike K.
Oct 9, 2007, 4:43 AM
Well, I was just curious about the amount of Haligonians we have here and the poll sort of sparked a discussion about SSP:Local.

I think there may not be a lot here, but as someone else suggested, there are many lurkers.

Btw, any metros that want to investigate the possibility of SSP:Local need only start a discussion about it (and PM me so I know :) )