PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between Bermuda Shutters and Bahama Shutters?

Rebeldon
Aug 10, 2007, 2:51 PM
Some co-workers and I were discussing what kind of shutters to specify on a new condo in S. FL. Does anybody know the difference between Bermuda Shutters and Bahama Shutters? I think there is a difference, but I can't find anything online that describes it.

Exodus
Aug 12, 2007, 2:17 AM
Some co-workers and I were discussing what kind of shutters to specify on a new condo in S. FL. Does anybody know the difference between Bermuda Shutters and Bahama Shutters? I think there is a difference, but I can't find anything online that describes it.I don't know. Find the distance between the two places, and there's your answer ;)

Jasonhouse
Aug 12, 2007, 2:11 PM
There is no functional difference. In fact, some dealers of shutter systems call such shutters by both names.

brickell
Aug 13, 2007, 1:46 PM
I've always known them as Bahamian shutters, but have heard them referred to as both. Perhaps they have some new fangled ones that are better, but I've been told they only qualify as the lowest grade for window protection (for insurance purposes). You'd be better off with real aluminum shutters.