PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Pittsburgh---Taking picture requests...

zeno333
May 1, 2007, 5:22 AM
I am from Pittsburgh originally, and have not been there since 1988. Excited about seeing its many changes, for example the "new" South Side. The last time i went down its main street, it was just a bunch of old buildings, without any "pomp" to it like it has now. Should be an interesting experience.
Are there any angles and shots of Pittsburgh that you have not seen in the Forum here that you are dying to see. i have a camera with a 12X optical zoom.....what would you like to see of the Burgh???
I wil probably get some shots from the "Fineview" area of the North Side. (The fomer Fineview streetcar line was one of the most scenic streetcar lines in the world.) Any others???

mrherodotus
May 1, 2007, 12:00 PM
Between myself, Flash and Evergrey, there aren't too many angles of Pittsburgh that haven't been seen on here. Just go out and do your own thing. Everybody had a different eye, so I'm sure your pics will have their own flavor.

Evergrey
May 1, 2007, 12:16 PM
oooh... a 12X! :awesome:

There's this gap between houses on the eastern portion of Arlington Ave that has a mind-blowing view of houses and skyscrapers... my 3X can't adequately capture it

Might be fun to see that 12X from the cemetary in Spring Hill... which is another house/skyscraper view (my favorite type of view)

a view from the top of Upland Ave. in Homewood... you get a stunning view of the East End, Cathedral of Learning and Downtown...

you might also want to find that "secret overlook" I took photos from in my recent South Oakland thread... gives you an unobstructed skyline view from the east... and great views of the South Side Slopes...

ohhh... and this view is amazing but I don't think my camera could capture it... there is a very unique skyline view from the top of Round Top in Crafton Heights

miketoronto
May 1, 2007, 1:12 PM
I want to see the streets. If you can take a picture of the central downtown retail area, that people keep talking about, called Fifth and Forbes.

Nice street level shots of the main street of downtown would be great, as all people ever take is the tops of the buildings but not really the streets.

Evergrey
May 1, 2007, 1:33 PM
I want to see the streets. If you can take a picture of the central downtown retail area, that people keep talking about, called Fifth and Forbes.

Nice street level shots of the main street of downtown would be great, as all people ever take is the tops of the buildings but not really the streets.

you obviously haven't been paying attention :koko:

PittPenn 03
May 1, 2007, 2:22 PM
I've got one - There is a fantastic view of Oakland from the Blvd of the Allies bridge at the entrance of Schenley Park. I do not believe I have ever seen a photo taken from there.

zeno333
May 2, 2007, 4:22 AM
oooh... a 12X! :awesome:

There's this gap between houses on the eastern portion of Arlington Ave that has a mind-blowing view of houses and skyscrapers... my 3X can't adequately capture it

Might be fun to see that 12X from the cemetary in Spring Hill... which is another house/skyscraper view (my favorite type of view)

a view from the top of Upland Ave. in Homewood... you get a stunning view of the East End, Cathedral of Learning and Downtown...

you might also want to find that "secret overlook" I took photos from in my recent South Oakland thread... gives you an unobstructed skyline view from the east... and great views of the South Side Slopes...

ohhh... and this view is amazing but I don't think my camera could capture it... there is a very unique skyline view from the top of Round Top in Crafton Heights

I am planning to do the Arlington Av scene with much saturation.....(given the long ago demise of the North Side "Fineview" streetcar line, the Arlington Av streetcar line is probably the exisitng streetcar-LRV line with the best views in the US along its route. Pity PAT Transit can not afford more than token runs with this great transit line.

Evergrey
Feb 20, 2008, 2:21 AM
so are we ever gonna get to see these?