PDA

View Full Version : New Oklahoma Urban Website- Listings of ALL developments in state

shane453
Jan 27, 2007, 5:42 PM
The website http://OkMet.org (which replaced the old UrbanOK forums that were hacked) has been around since September of last year, and Phase II of the website has finally been launched. The new homepage allows users to browse for information, photos/renderings, and construction status of major ongoing developments and proposals in Inner/Suburban OKC, Inner/Suburban Tulsa, Lawton/Ft Sill, and other areas of the state outside the major metros. Eventually, all significant proposals and construction projects (with an emphasis on urban and mixed-use developments) will be listed. The forum portion of the website continues to grow, nearing 200 members and 20,000 posts.

Midwesterner19
Jan 27, 2007, 5:45 PM
Thank you, I have been reading a bit about Oklahoma and was hoping they had a website like that.

It seems like Oklahoma City is doing very well, I am sure alot of that is its close proximity to Dallas and the fact its one of the least expensive urban areas in the country that also has a very good economy.

After looking at photos and websites on the Oklahoma City it seems like a place thats growing alot and some interesting neighborhoods also.

Trae
Jan 27, 2007, 10:15 PM
OkMet and OKcTalk are going at it :D. I like OkMet better, though. "Spartan" at OkMet is helping me out with my Atlanta website/forums.

shane453
Jan 27, 2007, 11:45 PM
Oh... Is that the Atlanta project he's always talking about? It looks like a really nice forum, trae.

I'm really excited about OkMet offering this listing of projects. It's now a lot easier for anyone, but Okies in particular, to check out what's going on in their cities. It's also easy to get excited when you can see those huge lists of projects and know that all of them are happening RIGHT NOW.

Trae
Jan 28, 2007, 4:20 PM
Thanks for the comment about my forum. It is going well right now and the layout looks clean.

Hot Rod
Jan 30, 2007, 7:05 AM
i think OKMet is more of a development forum while OKCTalk is more of a community forum.

I think both can coexist, OKC is big enough!!

bombermwc
Jan 30, 2007, 2:36 PM
Agreed, OKMET definitely does an AMAZING job of filling you in on development with WAY more info than anywhere else. OKCTalk has more discussion with life around town...food, schools, etc. They both serve either audiences well and you'll see many of the same users on each site...including me.

Trae
Jan 31, 2007, 12:56 AM
Isn't there a Tulsa one called "Tulsa Now" or something like that.

swake
Jan 31, 2007, 1:19 AM
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/

Trae
Jan 31, 2007, 1:55 AM
Oklahoma can support all of these forums?

shane453
Jan 31, 2007, 3:45 AM
Don't see why not... They all cover different things- one is for OKC people to go chat about whatever they want and occasionally urban development, one is for Tulsans to chat about whatever and usually urban development or issues, and OkMet is for Oklahomans in general to talk mostly about urban development.

Trae
Jan 31, 2007, 3:52 AM
So I am guessing the OKC people go to OKC Talk and OKMet, while the Tulsans go to Tulsa Now and OkMet. OkMet is the forum for all of Oklahoma. I eventually hope my Atlanta website looks like OkMet. Just a server (got one) and domain.

bluedogok
Jan 31, 2007, 5:19 AM
I occasionally go to OKC Talk, I check OKMET everyday. I spend more time on motorcycle sites and I am in the process of starting a forum for the Triumph owners group here in Austin. We are currently on Yahoo Groups and it is a pain.