PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Garden Inn u/c

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Jan 22, 2007, 7:05 PM
Not sure how it got this name being in the centre of clubland but anyhow, it's now under construction and another surface lot bites the dust in T.O. Not a bad filler except for the entrance imo.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7213/hgigq3.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/whistlerinToronto/Jan20PeterAdelaide.jpg

Deez
Jan 22, 2007, 8:15 PM
The "Garden Inn" moniker is part of a chain...there's one going up at the Ottawa airport right now. Where's this one? Queen, Richmond area?

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Jan 22, 2007, 8:18 PM
Peter and Adelaide, so ya close to your assumption.

Taller Better
Jan 22, 2007, 8:23 PM
The rendering on the left looks ok. The one on the right is not as good..

caltrane74
Jan 22, 2007, 8:32 PM
The one on the left is very realistic. Dont you think Taller?

WhipperSnapper
Jan 23, 2007, 4:25 AM
I've been in a few garden inns - this one looks really good compared to them

the building on the corner is one of my favourite so it great to see one of the parking lots surrounding it being developed thereby making it less of a target

SD
Jan 23, 2007, 3:57 PM
I agree...not bad infill but the entrance isn't that great.

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Jan 23, 2007, 4:28 PM
Most cringe at all the brick as well. What they need to realize is that once this thing is built those bare brick faces will most likely be covered up with advertisements like many of the other buildings in the neighborhood trying to market to the clubland crowd. I'm hoping that the entrance will be changed.

Taller Better
Jan 23, 2007, 5:18 PM
The one on the left is very realistic. Dont you think Taller?

Yes, it is a pretty high quality rendering.

WhipperSnapper
Jan 23, 2007, 5:30 PM
the entrance is so ridiculously out of place but the gable is part of their signature

Taller Better
Jan 23, 2007, 5:34 PM
the entrance is so ridiculously out of place but the gable is part of their signature

It is a pretty typical 80's Po-Mo triangle pediment entrance. They should update that "look".

WhipperSnapper
Jan 23, 2007, 5:37 PM
suburbia is somewhat stuck in the eighties where the vast majority of the garden inns are built