PDA

View Full Version : Four Seasons now 195m official!

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Jan 20, 2007, 6:57 PM
The hotel will be 50 floors and 195m an increase of 16m
The residential will be 24 floors and 89m a decrease of 21m

This will make Four Seasons the tallest building in Yorkville by 31m!

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/images/4s_dusk_lg.jpg

OMB document
www.omb.gov.on.ca/e%2Ddec...%23077.pdf

This year Toronto shall rise!

icescraper
Jan 20, 2007, 7:29 PM

Interesting... I like the fact that the two towers are significantly different in height shape and facade. 195m is huge for yorkville. Judging from the picts as long as they don't get cheap with the facade its going to be spectacular! - ice

Yup, things are looking up in yorkville!

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Jan 20, 2007, 8:03 PM
It's Four Seasons, I doubt they'll cheap out on the materials.
:fingerscrossed:

icescraper
Jan 20, 2007, 8:09 PM
It's Four Seasons, I doubt they'll cheap out on the materials.
:fingerscrossed:

Yeah, I thinks its going to be a real winner! - ice

Taller Better
Jan 20, 2007, 9:19 PM
I think it is a gorgeous building, and now there will 16 more metres of gorgeousness!

401_King
Jan 20, 2007, 11:23 PM
build build build build build more more more!

what an exciting time to live in this city.

zerokarma
Jan 22, 2007, 1:33 AM
Good Stuff!

architect1
Jan 22, 2007, 2:01 AM
IS that the final render of the building? It changed a bit.

caltrane74
Jan 22, 2007, 3:52 AM
Good News.

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Jan 22, 2007, 4:38 AM
I think it's the original render.

WhipperSnapper
Jan 22, 2007, 7:19 AM
how high is the facade as on the bylaw, for the 46 storey design, only the height to the top of the mechanical was given

Jackhammer
Feb 7, 2007, 4:00 AM
New render now has me a little worried ... fingers crossed for the real thing.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f182/JackhammerTO/fourseasons.jpg

LordMandeep
Feb 7, 2007, 4:05 AM
its a nice pic taken by a cell phone...

Taller Better
Feb 7, 2007, 6:11 AM
They really don't look very much alike, do they?

Taller Better
Feb 7, 2007, 6:13 AM
edit

shappy
Feb 7, 2007, 11:47 AM

that looks like it could be anytower, CityPlace. What a major disappointment that would be...

caltrane74
Feb 7, 2007, 2:52 PM
That would be a damn tall tower irregardless... And it will give new hieght to the Yorkville Area. A possiblesign of things to come??..(i.e Bloor East??)

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Feb 7, 2007, 4:23 PM
I'm hoping a clearer image will show some more of the details. I'm off for two weeks as off Friday with nothing but time to kill. Expect a major photo update.

caltrane74
Feb 7, 2007, 4:31 PM
Enjoy your time off........im stressin' out at work right now...

habsfan
Feb 7, 2007, 4:50 PM

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/images/4s_dusk_lg.jpg

OMB document
www.omb.gov.on.ca/e%2Ddec...%23077.pdf

This year Toronto shall rise!

Very nice towers. Both of them. I like the fact that they aren'T identical and that there is a big difference in height.

could you show me on a map where this project will be?

Thanks!

Taller Better
Feb 7, 2007, 4:58 PM
Very nice towers. Both of them. I like the fact that they aren'T identical and that there is a big difference in height.

could you show me on a map where this project will be?

Thanks!

I don't have a map, but the project is in Yorkville.. they are not two separate towers, just two renderings of the same proposed tower. The difference in height is only 16m.

caltrane74
Feb 7, 2007, 5:07 PM
The best part of this project is that it will be following "the Ritz". So whatever the Ritz does, Four Season's will be pressed to follow to maintain its clientle. And stop any leakage to King West and the Entertainment district, which by the way will be home to the new Toronto International Film Festival, as well as the Ritz and Shangri-la.

Can someone say "chi chi"

habsfan
Feb 7, 2007, 5:16 PM
I don't have a map, but the project is in Yorkville.. they are not two separate towers, just two renderings of the same proposed tower. The difference in height is only 16m.

Thanks!

Taller Better
Feb 7, 2007, 5:17 PM
I really prefer the original rendering and am hoping the second one is just a bad reproduction.

psychosomatic
Feb 8, 2007, 12:15 AM
I much prefered the original render, which i think is amaazing. this new one is still pretty good, but i hope that once more detailed pics come we will see more of the original in the design.

p.s. i think habsfan was talking about the two towers in the original render when he liked that they werent identical and that he liked the difference in hight.

Andy6
Feb 8, 2007, 12:29 AM
I'm really curious how the streets in this area are going to be able to handle the traffic generated by all these hotel and condo projects. You've got to think that Yorkville, Hazelton, Cumberland etc. are going to be choked with traffic at virtually all times of day. It's already obvious that a traffic light is needed at Avenue and Cumberland -- there is constantly a big line of vehicles stopped in the middle of Avenue southbound waiting to turn left against heavy Avenue Road northbound traffic onto Cumberland -- but I'm not sure if a light is feasible given the proximity of the lights at Yorkville and Bloor.

Did the City think this all through?

LordMandeep
Feb 8, 2007, 1:26 AM
posh areas around the world i have noticed always are jammed with cars.

Taller Better
Feb 8, 2007, 6:57 AM
posh areas around the world i have noticed always are jammed with cars.

Let me expand on that. Big cities around the world are always jammed with cars, and Toronto is becoming a big city. If you want a lazy drive around the entire city to tootle your horn at all your friends, a person should live in Winnipeg or Saskatoon.
So, either you go big, or ....................you go home.

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Feb 8, 2007, 4:31 PM

The difference in height is going to be 106m for the two towers.

LordMandeep
Feb 8, 2007, 8:47 PM
NEW YORK!!!!!!!!
by god with all the subway lines and cabs and streets i would expect fewer people driving thier own cars around.

OrientExpress
Mar 7, 2007, 4:54 PM

The dark side might still have the texture.

ssiguy
Mar 9, 2007, 1:18 PM
I like the idea that being in Yorkville it will help balance the Toronto skyline.
It will lead to the true beginning of two tall and distinct areas of Toronto in terms of height.
I have never liked how Totonto's skyline is all in once small area and then just tapers off.

Taller Better
Mar 9, 2007, 1:30 PM
NEW YORK!!!!!!!!
by god with all the subway lines and cabs and streets i would expect fewer people driving thier own cars around.

There are tons of cars in Manhattan, London and all other big cities.

JBinCalgary
Mar 15, 2007, 4:27 AM
hopefully they go with the original rendering

Taller Better
Mar 15, 2007, 5:27 AM
This is the new rendering, which I think is great..

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6885/fourseasonsnewrenderingzf2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

JBinCalgary
Mar 15, 2007, 6:16 AM
Booooooooooo

Taller Better
Mar 15, 2007, 6:38 AM
Booooooooooo

Why booooooooooo?

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Mar 15, 2007, 12:36 PM
Why booooooooooo?

Because it's in Toronto would be my assumption.

caltrane74
Mar 15, 2007, 1:58 PM
Booooooooooo

Hilarious...:haha:

shappy
Mar 15, 2007, 2:24 PM
Boooo because it's not the original rendering perhaps...

jeez guys, at least let the guy explain himself.

habsfan
Mar 15, 2007, 2:26 PM

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6885/fourseasonsnewrenderingzf2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I kinda like it, it looks freakishly tall!:cheers:

Taller Better
Mar 15, 2007, 3:02 PM
^^ I like it too, and really it is quite similar to the original rendering.

psychosomatic
Mar 15, 2007, 3:23 PM
the only apparent difference btween this render and the original one is the coloration of the glass(which didnt appear realistic) and the black stripes running down the face.

Wooster
Mar 15, 2007, 3:41 PM
Sheesh, a little touchy on the outsiders comments??!

I too like the original renderings better. I liked the vertical black component of the facade a lot, added a lot of visual interest that is missing in the new images. The base is still really, really nice. I walked by the site the other day. Yeah, it is going to be freakishly tall, but not a bad location for that.

I know the original concept was 'less realistic' but it made it one of my favourite proposals in the country. The new one is way less inspiring.

Taller Better
Mar 15, 2007, 3:44 PM
Sheesh, a little touchy on the outsiders comments??!

Because of the boooooooooo thing? Probably JB had his reasons, but it may have been a little
more polite to explain them. I wouldn't have given a big boooooooooooooooo to Encan's new building
in Calgary, without explaining why. It is only common courtesy. No doubt JBinCowtown will come back
and tell us what he meant.

I also think the original rendering was probably stretching the truth a bit for the sake of dramatization..
but in any case I think the latest rendering is very hot and I am thrilled to have this building going up in Yorkville.

Waterloo_Guy
Mar 15, 2007, 8:11 PM
I think he said "booerns...booerns".

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Mar 15, 2007, 8:19 PM
I wonder how these taller building going in will effect the wind flow and patio life in Yorkville?

icescraper
Mar 18, 2007, 9:18 PM

Its a bold design. The difference in tower hight is unconventional however unconventional adds character to the city. Liked the first rendition better however this one's still got plenty of merit. - ice

WhipperSnapper
Mar 18, 2007, 10:07 PM
the design is similar to other aA designs however the high quality curtain glass will make this one stand out like no other

icescraper
Mar 25, 2007, 12:37 AM
the design is similar to other aA designs however the high quality curtain glass will make this one stand out like no other

I'm awaiting with anticipation! :yes:- ice

3madjack
Mar 28, 2007, 4:14 AM
Was in Yorkville today and they were putting up the new rendering on Bay Street billboard. Looks awesome! Still working on site but the sales office is going to look really sweet. Freakin sweet.

Taller Better
Mar 28, 2007, 5:38 AM
^^ What is your avatar? Shocking looking fellow..

3madjack
Mar 28, 2007, 5:32 PM
It's me at a Hallowe'en party last year and actually, one of my better head-shots. Well, better at least than the picture found in my passport. That one scares the shit out of me.

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA
Mar 28, 2007, 5:51 PM
Does the rendering look different then the one they already have up by the sales office?

psychosomatic
Mar 28, 2007, 9:01 PM
4 seasons, uptown, 1 bloor, museum house, crystal blu, etc, i cant wait until all of these yorkville projects are completed, and give TO a true double-peaked range, similar to NY. I wonder if anyone would be willing to photoshop all of these towers into a close shot of the present day bloor skyline?

3madjack
Mar 29, 2007, 5:24 PM
Does the rendering look different then the one they already have up by the sales office?

Yes. It's the new render that's now on the buildboard facing Bay. It was cool to see them cover up the original rendering that was there because it truly was lame. The new render is also a hell of lot more colourful and people were turning heads to look at it. It really looks awesome.

Taller Better
Mar 30, 2007, 6:23 AM

Yes. It's the new render that's now on the buildboard facing Bay. It was cool to see them cover up the original rendering that was there because it truly was lame. The new render is also a hell of lot more colourful and people were turning heads to look at it. It really looks awesome.

I wonder if someone there reads these threads and noticed what a drubbing it got here.... it was a ghastly rendering.

3madjack
Mar 30, 2007, 4:59 PM
^^^I agree. The old rendering was about as much fun to look at as a pile of cat-sick.