PDA

View Full Version : new tower in Houston

Shasta
Jan 5, 2007, 5:42 AM
Sunrise Senior Living of Virginia has plans to construct the Sterling Memorial Villages. The building will contain 166 residences for seniors priced at $400,000 and up. It will be located near Tanglewood and Brairgrove in the city of Houston and the Villages of Piney Point and Hunter's Creek. It will rise 27 floors and be located at 1395 S. Voss Road (west side) between Woodway and San Felipe. Opening is set for June 2010.

http://www.thesterlingseniorcondo.com/memorialvillage/images/photo_rendering.jpg

The same company is also constructing a senior living condo in The Woodlands. That one will have two buildings (a 6 story and a 10 story) along the Waterway.

Complex01
Jan 5, 2007, 3:06 PM
Hmm the water way is really coming along. They just put up 2 cranes for the construction of another building. I tried to stay away during december, because it was a traffic night mare, but i did see them when i went to the mall a couple of times.

Great_Hizzy
Jan 5, 2007, 3:22 PM
That design looks very at home in Houston. Very similar to some other towers that have gone up, including the Riverway 7 Center (I believe it's 7).

Owlhorn
Jan 5, 2007, 8:04 PM
LMAO. Same tower, same people that have a sight on Turtle Creek in Dallas, but haven't done a thing with it. They also set a date for completion 3 years in the future and still no groundbreaking.

Tex1899
Jan 6, 2007, 3:11 AM
The sign for this project is in the parking lot by the Chipotle I stop at from time to time, right across the street from Randall's and Second Baptist Church. I'm guessing the shopping center where Chipotle is will be torn down...it's basically empty except Chipotle, a dry cleaners, and an ice cream place.

Double L
Jan 6, 2007, 4:25 AM
Man, senior high rise living is just blowing up ain't it?

Great_Hizzy
Jan 8, 2007, 3:41 PM
Heh