PDA

View Full Version : Alberta the land of opportunity for more and more Canadians

Pages : 1 [2]

malek
Dec 30, 2006, 8:41 AM
both :D

SpongeG
Dec 31, 2006, 11:33 PM
i watched a report on some news yesterday about people who left the maritimes and for alberta only to return and get better pay in the maritimes

apparently all the people leaving the maritimes left the maritimes short handed and they were paying high wages to keep people or attract people

Kevin_foster
Jan 1, 2007, 12:07 AM
".. yep a trend has started and next year the wave will roll into Saskatchewan."

er a few hundred people isnt a trend. Edmonton is growing 40+ people a day - that's a trend!

It seems that everyone has a bone to pick with Alberta, because we have money... what's with that? Honestly, it's one of the best places in the world to work and live anyways; shouldn't we be proud of Alberta for it's achievements? It's strive to accommodate and welcome? Are we not good hosts?

When people leave this province after the boom, what will peoples impressions be of Alberta? Home? Or just some cheap bag of tricks that will get used and abused by the rest of the country for a few bucks and the good life elsewhere? Get out of my province if that's why you're here :P

feepa
Jan 1, 2007, 12:20 AM
".. yep a trend has started and next year the wave will roll into Saskatchewan."

er a few hundred people isnt a trend. Edmonton is growing 40+ people a day - that's a trend!

It seems that everyone has a bone to pick with Alberta, because we have money... what's with that? Honestly, it's one of the best places in the world to work and live anyways; shouldn't we be proud of Alberta for it's achievements? It's strive to accommodate and welcome? Are we not good hosts?

First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the respect.
Money, power, respect.

malek
Jan 1, 2007, 12:23 AM
First you find the oil then...

Money, power, respect.
:D

Dalreg
Jan 1, 2007, 12:28 AM

When people leave this province after the boom, what will peoples impressions be of Alberta? Home? Or just some cheap bag of tricks that will get used and abused by the rest of the country for a few bucks and the good life elsewhere? Get out of my province if that's why you're here :P

Yeah I made that statement originally. Nothing wrong with it. Any wave starts with just one. As the stats are showing more people are moving from Alberta to Saskatchewan than the other way around. It is the start of something and maybe the next few years will be our turn. But you sir can stay in Alberta.

Last I checked you didn't own the province so if you want folks out you better be able to throw them out.:yes:

feepa
Jan 1, 2007, 12:45 AM
Yeah I made that statement originally. Nothing wrong with it. Any wave starts with just one. As the stats are showing more people are moving from Alberta to Saskatchewan than the other way around. It is the start of something and maybe the next few years will be our turn. But you sir can stay in Alberta.

Last I checked you didn't own the province so if you want folks out you better be able to throw them out.:yes:

Show me the stat that shows more people are moving to Sask from Alberta then the other way around, or STFU already
Or perhaps we need to get into a bar fight to prove something to you? LOL

Kevin_foster
Jan 1, 2007, 12:51 AM

Yes, we do own the province - We pay provincial tax and have no debts to anyone else :tup:. It's not like other places where the state owns the people :cool:

dubiousmike
Jan 1, 2007, 12:51 AM
Money, power, respect.

Ah, I see you subscribe to the Tony Montana theory of cultural progression.

Taller Better
Jan 1, 2007, 9:32 AM
Money, power, respect.

LOL! uhmmm... sometimes it works that way.. sometimes not!..:haha:
:notacrook:

Arriviste
Jan 1, 2007, 9:41 PM
Heres a picture I snapped while driving by a local DQ today. To be a 14 yearold seeking a first job these days:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n152/arriviste_2006/Run-NY06210.jpg

itom 987
Jan 2, 2007, 12:09 AM
Damn, I wish I was a kid. :(

big W
Jan 2, 2007, 12:26 AM

Guess what, you are now on my wall of honor.

feepa
Jan 2, 2007, 12:37 AM
Guess what, you are now on my wall of honor.

I now count my nick on at least 3 signatures. AWESOME!

vid
Jan 2, 2007, 1:51 PM
America has the money.

America has the power.

And as you can see by the media from around the world, BOY! Do they ever have respect!! :D

:)

I would love to make enough to buy a 11 burgers an hour. :) Hell, with the employee discount, you could make that an even dozen!

MolsonExport
Jan 2, 2007, 2:18 PM

A masterful quote! :tup:

dubiousmike
Jan 2, 2007, 8:33 PM
America has the money.

America has the power.

And as you can see by the media from around the world, BOY! Do they ever have respect!! :D

It's more like:

First you get the money.
Then you meet some girl.
Then you lose the money.
Then you become an alcoholic.

Kevin_foster
Jan 2, 2007, 8:35 PM
^ haha

Yeah Edmonton is just meeting the girl.

The_Bachelor
Jan 4, 2007, 10:34 PM
Heres a picture I snapped while driving by a local DQ today. To be a 14 yearold seeking a first job these days:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n152/arriviste_2006/Run-NY06210.jpg

Is that the one on bow trail? Used to live right around there in westgate.

ssiguy
Jan 5, 2007, 5:24 AM
Just noted a new thread that said Edmonton real estate has soared in price by 50% in 2006!
Numbers like that will help greatly slow down inmigration from other provinces added to the fact that there is nowhere to rent and the rents are going thru the roof.
The "Alberta Advantage" is quickly becoming less advantageous.