PDA

View Full Version : MIAMI | One Bayfront Plaza | 1,049 FT | 92 FLOORS

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MAH4546
Oct 28, 2006, 11:05 PM
Latest super-tall Miami proposal is an office tower One Bayfront Plaza. Despite a slowdown in residential demand and construction, office demand and construction in Miami has shown to signs of slow down. Located in the central business district across from Bayfront Park, the proposal 2.1M square feet of commercial space, a two-storey mall at the lobby with 120,000 square feet of retail space, and a 650 room hotel (located in a second, smaller tower), and 3,000 parking spaces.

http://www.fecr.com/bayfrontPark/index.htm

It will be interesting to see how it moves foward. Being a commercial project, I don't think it has a bad chance of happening.

Kngkyle
Oct 28, 2006, 11:17 PM
The design looks very different. Big spire though. =\
http://www.fecr.com/bayfrontPark/BayfrontPark-lg.jpg

Domo Arigato
Oct 29, 2006, 2:20 AM
This along with World Empire Towers will never happen. The FAA certainly won't approve any building with a spire reading 1180 feet, and the city of Miami will turn it down in a heart beat anyway because of the style. There has only been one building in Miami with a spire or pinnacle, and that is the courthouse in 1928. South Florida high rise roofs have to be flat and I think most people know why... This looks like an architects dream or something on this site. Another funny one someone sent me the other day, similar to this was the Merritt Island Subway System... a hoax of course, but pretty convincing looking....

http://www.misubwayauth.org/

Paul305
Oct 29, 2006, 3:57 AM
Domo, while I agree with you that this rendering is most likely a hoax, I still believe that a 1000+ ft building will be built on its site. Rx727sfl2002, from SSC Forums, is a very reliable source and has posted renderings of such a building with a height of up to 1064 ft. RX has also suggested that Miami’s most famous developer, Tibor Hollo, may be behind it and that it may end up being one of his last projects. Unfortunately, that means that it will probably not be built until after Villa Magna which hasn’t even started construction yet. Also, I don’t have the pdf file anymore but I have seen the FAA’s height limit map and it allows buildings in this area to exceed 1000.’ Oh, almost forgot…here’s the rendering I was talking about:
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/9/100biscayne007gi9.jpg

Dale
Oct 29, 2006, 4:41 AM
It is my understanding that this proposal is very real and could start sooner than we'd think. Also, if you can't build a thousand-feet on tis spot, you just can't build a thousand-feet in Miami.

The Mad Hatter
Oct 29, 2006, 5:11 PM
Empire World Towers was just a pipedream, I really doubt that the developer ever had any intention of building it, Im still not even sure the guy owns the land or that he ever submitted papers.
As to the comment that the city would never approve it, Domo you are very wrong, the city wants taller building to the point of paying consultants to see what can be done to lift faa height limits from four seasons all the way to the performing arts center, the city wants more height, because land is scarce and higher buildings equal more money for less infastructure.
now as to this getting built, who knows anymore, seeing as there are now millions of square feet of office space being proposed similarly to how condos were being proposed left and right...

MAH4546
Oct 29, 2006, 9:23 PM
Empire World is a pipe dream, but I have confidence that this project will become reality, though the FAA will have something to say about the proposed height. Remember, it is an office tower, and right now Miami is beginning to suffer from lack of Class A office space downtown.

brickell
Oct 30, 2006, 3:44 AM
South Florida high rise roofs have to be flat and I think most people know why...

call me stupid, but why?

Dale
Oct 30, 2006, 4:22 AM
So that pebbles can be blown off them to shatter the windows of surrounding highrises ?

BrandonJXN
Oct 30, 2006, 6:21 AM
call me stupid, but why?

Stupid.

But I want to know tooo.

:haha:

Fabb
Oct 30, 2006, 7:36 AM
It is my understanding that this proposal is very real and could start sooner than we'd think.

Good !
That could become the first really iconic skyscraper in Miami.

NewAtlantisMiami
Nov 1, 2006, 7:58 PM
It is my understanding that this proposal is very real and could start sooner than we'd think. Also, if you can't build a thousand-feet on tis spot, you just can't build a thousand-feet in Miami.

I sure hope it's very real. I'll take any supertall in downtown Miami anyway we can get it! Steve :banana: :tup: :cheers:

malec
Nov 1, 2006, 8:26 PM
Would be amazing if this turns out to be real, has a great design too.

Domo Arigato
Nov 2, 2006, 10:11 PM
As to the comment that the city would never approve it, Domo you are very wrong, the city wants taller building to the point of paying consultants to see what can be done to lift faa height limits from four seasons all the way to the performing arts center, the city wants more height, because land is scarce and higher buildings equal more money for less infastructure.

I work for the City of Miami. Trust me. Those two towers are not going up.

Domo.

NewAtlantisMiami
Nov 2, 2006, 11:42 PM
Domo, I don't know in what capacity you work for the City of Miami, but I have no doubt that the city wants a supertall at least to put Miami on a par with other American cities such as Los Angeles, Houston, and Atlanta, all of which have a supertall, though just barely. Supertalls are the Great Pyramids of our time! Presently, Atlanta has the tallest building in the United States outside of New York and Chicago with the Bank of America tower there reaching 1,023 feet with its spire. I have no doubt that there are those working for the city who want Miami to have the prestige of having the tallest building in America outside of New York and Chicago. It's only fitting since we will probably have the 3rd most dynamic skyline in the country in the next 5 years with a stunning waterfront spread topped only by New York and Chicago with the causeways providing a dramatic approach from Miami Beach and Key Biscayne! The MacArthur Causeway (I-395) will eventually take you through a skyscraper canyon as you enter Miami coming from South Beach! What is currently under construction in Miami has already catapulted us into the top ten as soon having one of the most dynamic skylines in the country! I can hardly wait to see how Miami compares in the 2007 World Almanac as it lists tall buildings either built or under construction in North American cities. The long Miami list will be longer than last year's list, and next year's list will be even longer! From my latest count, we are already in 3rd place ahead of Houston with a preponderance of buildings under construction in the 400-500 foot range (I tend to forget to count those, but the World Almanac does {except for New York}) as well as those 500 feet plus. ATLANTIS RISES AGAIN!!!:tup: :cheers:

NewAtlantisMiami
Dec 7, 2006, 5:45 AM
call me stupid, but why?

I don't know why buildings in Miami would necessarily have to have flat roofs, but they do make for more helipads for corporate executives and flat roofs with a helipad can provide an alternate escape route. You can evacuate up as well as down.

NYC2ATX
Dec 7, 2006, 5:56 AM
I'm looking forward to more real "architecture" in Miami. This should be good in making a case for that. Speaking of which, can anyone tell me if the performing arts center is done yet?

bobdreamz
Dec 7, 2006, 11:52 AM
^ yes the Performing Arts Center opened in October
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=117073
as for this supertall if anybody can build it Tibor Hollo can. This site is perfect for a project like this.

bennywah
Dec 7, 2006, 12:21 PM
Domo, I don't know in what capacity you work for the City of Miami, but I have no doubt that the city wants a supertall at least to put Miami on a par with other American cities such as Los Angeles, Houston, and Atlanta, all of which have a supertall, though just barely. Supertalls are the Great Pyramids of our time! Presently, Atlanta has the tallest building in the United States outside of New York and Chicago with the Bank of America tower there reaching 1,023 feet with its spire. I have no doubt that there are those working for the city who want Miami to have the prestige of having the tallest building in America outside of New York and Chicago. It's only fitting since we will probably have the 3rd most dynamic skyline in the country in the next 5 years with a stunning waterfront spread topped only by New York and Chicago with the causeways providing a dramatic approach from Miami Beach and Key Biscayne! The MacArthur Causeway (I-395) will eventually take you through a skyscraper canyon as you enter Miami coming from South Beach! What is currently under construction in Miami has already catapulted us into the top ten as soon having one of the most dynamic skylines in the country! I can hardly wait to see how Miami compares in the 2007 World Almanac as it lists tall buildings either built or under construction in North American cities. The long Miami list will be longer than last year's list, and next year's list will be even longer! From my latest count, we are already in 3rd place ahead of Houston with a preponderance of buildings under construction in the 400-500 foot range (I tend to forget to count those, but the World Almanac does {except for New York}) as well as those 500 feet plus. ATLANTIS RISES AGAIN!!!:tup: :cheers:

according to the ssp tallest buildings in the u.s, us bank tower in los angeles is taller to the roof then bofa in atlanta, so los angeles has the title of tallest tower outside of new york or chicago.

BANKofMANHATTAN
Dec 7, 2006, 4:25 PM
Finally something that's not a rectangle. I'm not really too keen on organic or twisty designs, but this looks kind of interesting. I like the tapered (from what i can see) crown to spire deal they got going up top.

NewAtlantisMiami
Dec 7, 2006, 6:55 PM
according to the ssp tallest buildings in the u.s, us bank tower in los angeles is taller to the roof then bofa in atlanta, so los angeles has the title of tallest tower outside of new york or chicago.

That is true, if we are counting roofs instead of spires, but One Bayfront Plaza has its spire included in its 1,180 feet height specification as does B of A in Atlanta at 1,023 feet. The spires are how the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur supposedly beat out the Sears Tower in Chicago as world's tallest building when they were completed.

bobdreamz
Dec 28, 2006, 1:59 PM
larger rendering:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3909/onebayfrontplazaqo8.jpg

skyscraperfan23
Dec 28, 2006, 4:22 PM
Miami has never had a tall building, our cities like New York are chasing us out, we demand that we need a tall building.

Fabb
Dec 28, 2006, 5:39 PM
larger rendering:

Thanks.
Even though it's the same rendering, it gives a better impression of the huge size of the tower.
It looks bigger than Gold Coast's Q1.

rgolch
Dec 28, 2006, 5:51 PM
That is true, if we are counting roofs instead of spires, but One Bayfront Plaza has its spire included in its 1,180 feet height specification as does B of A in Atlanta at 1,023 feet. The spires are how the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur supposedly beat out the Sears Tower in Chicago as world's tallest building when they were completed.

You do realize that both las vegas, and SF have supertalls in the works, right?

I think in the coming years, there will be many cities trying to built >1000 ft highrises. There is no doubt that it adds major exclamation points to the skyline.

Miami has a great growing skyline with respectable ht. I think a new supertall would be great, and thank god this one has girth! I know tall and thin is in, but a girthy giant would be good for the miami skyline to break up the monotony of mostly thin residential buildings.

VivaLFuego
Dec 28, 2006, 6:05 PM
Cool-looking design. Have they signed an anchor tenant? That seems to be the first key step in getting an office building built, aside from getting the necessary zoning permits (which sound like they might be difficult in Miami)

Domo Arigato
Dec 28, 2006, 11:42 PM
Miami must have flat roofs on the towers because of aviation laws in south florida. I don't know why, but there must be an area covering at least 300 square feet at the top of any structure built above 300 feet high that is not a radio tower or antenna of some type. NewAtlantisMiami, please be careful that was not prudent. Marcus Aurelius is now dead. Shalom. Boohiggy. Crack smoking whores. Commodus is not a moral man.

TP for my bunghole?

GREGGYMIAMI305
Jan 8, 2007, 11:41 PM
this building has more hope than empire world towers because of its location

phillyskyline
Jan 9, 2007, 3:04 AM
I love the design, its gorgeous!

bobdreamz
Jan 12, 2007, 12:04 AM
http://www.miamigov.com/planning/pag...7%20AGENDA.pdf

The developers of One Bayfront Plaza go before the city's Urban Development Review Board seeking it's first major use special permit next week, Jan.17, 2007. Thanks to dave8721 for the info & link.

MiamiSpartan
Jan 14, 2007, 8:35 AM
Miami must have flat roofs on the towers because of aviation laws in south florida. I don't know why, but there must be an area covering at least 300 square feet at the top of any structure built above 300 feet high that is not a radio tower or antenna of some type. NewAtlantisMiami, please be careful that was not prudent. Marcus Aurelius is now dead. Shalom. Boohiggy. Crack smoking whores. Commodus is not a moral man.

TP for my bunghole?

Don't think this is true. Look at Capital One and Two....

Domo Arigato
Jan 14, 2007, 11:35 AM
I am looking at the plans for both right now. Both have flat roofs. There are two antennas and a spire on them also, but they still have a flat roof, and no pinnacle like the rendering of the aforementioned pipe dream in this thread. Over the years there have been THOUSANDS of proposals to the COM and I myself (before I was shit canned from that dept) oversaw many of them. Many do not even make it to the board room for a thought. Do you realize how many dreamers there are posing as contractors in the COM?

Shalom,

Bruce

bobdreamz
May 14, 2007, 12:03 AM
update
this was posted by dave8721 on SSC :

One Bayfront Plaza is going to go before the Planning Board on May 16th. Here are the stats:

70-stories, 1049 feet tall, 850 hotel rooms, a whopping 2,124,000 sqft of office space, 120,000 sqft of "exibition/banquet" area, 112,000 sqft of retail space and 2560 parking spaces. It is expected to cost Tibor Hollo $1.3 Billion to build it.

On the FAA issue the City states that the building does not comply with the MD Aviation Dept height ordinance. It states the current height allowed by the MDAD is only 949 feet at that location, and that the County would need to pass an ordinance to allow taller buildings. Here is the quote (from page 32 of the doc below):

Quote:
"The project as presented exceeds the current maximum allowed height of the Miami-Dade Aviation Dept of 949 feet AMSL. If prior to the issuance of the buiding permit for One Bayfront Plaza, Miami-Dade Couty adopts a new ordinance that allows for greater height (1,049 feet AMSL) then this project may be built to the highest approved height by said Ordinance"

source: http://egov.ci.miami.fl.us/Legistarweb/Attachments/34611.pdf

GREGGYMIAMI305
May 18, 2007, 10:47 PM
thats good news!!!

this project is going to be approved..no doubt

bobdreamz
May 18, 2007, 10:54 PM
^ greggy according to dave8721 the City of Miami approved the project on Wednesday with conditions. The next hurdle would appear to be with the Miami Dade Aviation Dept. & the FAA on the height of the project.

Rise To The Top
May 18, 2007, 10:59 PM
$1billion!? WTF? Isnt Burj only $500 or something? $1billion is crazy for something that short.

GREGGYMIAMI305
May 18, 2007, 11:13 PM
1 down...2 more to go

bobdreamz
May 19, 2007, 10:46 PM
$1billion!? WTF? Isnt Burj only $500 or something? $1billion is crazy for something that short.

In case you didn't notice Miami is in the US so we have to actually pay people union wages to build unlike the Burj which practically is using slave labor to construct that project.

malec
May 19, 2007, 11:44 PM
The burj dubai concrete structure is costing 800 million or so. Then you have to add all the cladding, machinery such as elevators, etc, interiors, etc

newstl2020
May 21, 2007, 7:29 AM
500 is rediculous. How could that number possibly work? The most recent estimated cost has the building at around 2 bil. U.S.

dave8721
May 21, 2007, 1:37 PM
^ greggy according to dave8721 the City of Miami approved the project on Wednesday with conditions. The next hurdle would appear to be with the Miami Dade Aviation Dept. & the FAA on the height of the project.

Which is going to be one hard hurdle to get over but we'll see.

Complex01
May 21, 2007, 2:09 PM
Wow, i hope this thing passes. It would be great to see a new Supertall in Miami. Good luck...

:yes:

GREGGYMIAMI305
May 21, 2007, 9:25 PM
its about time

Patrick
May 22, 2007, 12:04 AM
I'm loving this tower. I hope it goes through, the Miami Skyline sucks, sorry its just awful. So many cheap Condo Buildings. The skyline looked much better 5-10 years ago, a simple but prominent skyline.

GREGGYMIAMI305
May 23, 2007, 9:15 PM
if miami skyline sucks................whats phoenix's?

Corbin Dalus
May 28, 2007, 2:30 AM
I lovin this tower. I hope it goes through, the Miami Skyline sucks, sorry its so god damn UGLY! So many cheapy Condo Buildings. The skyline looked much better 5-10 years ago. A simple but prominent skyline.
Huh? I don't undertstand this observation!:crazy:

BrandonJXN
May 28, 2007, 3:11 AM
^ He means that Miami doesn't have a single skyscraper that stands out. Wachovia mabye is the only one that does. Miami is nothing but boxes and faceless towers. OBP will surely become the icon of Miami's skyline because nothing else is.

Scruffy
May 28, 2007, 3:55 AM

The economics there are completely different so its unfair to compare. Here in NY, a close to 600 foot apartment tower named 15 Central Park West is almost finished with a price tag of over 1 billion. It happens to be a super luxury building but take away some of that super luxury and add on 400 feet and you have a billion dollars for a thousand footer in miami

Biff
May 28, 2007, 4:03 PM

TP for my bunghole?

I don't understand why this is a big deal. 300 sq ft is smaller than 18 ft x 18 ft - shit my office is bigger than that. At a thousand feet up you could still meet the 300 sq ft requirement and it would look like a sharp point from the ground.;)

aluminum
Jun 1, 2007, 8:21 PM
Miami skyline doesn't suck..............

GREGGYMIAMI305
Jun 1, 2007, 11:42 PM
In the Miami development thread there is a post on the last page that stated the Miami-Dade aviation is lifting the height limit in small section in the CBD to 1010' feet ... Bayfront plaza just happens to be in it...

this proposal is good news and should help bayfront plaza

aluminum
Jun 6, 2007, 2:38 AM
I hope it gets built, another addition to Miami's growing skyline...

Marvel 33
Jun 8, 2007, 8:09 PM
Here is a new article regarding this project with two high-resolution renderings:

One Bayfront Plaza spices up Miami (http://www.newcityskyline.com/OneBayfrontPlazaspicesupMiami.html)

aluminum
Jun 14, 2007, 9:12 PM
http://www.newcityskyline.com/BayfrontPlaza-04-hr.jpg
I don't see any spire on top. :shrug:
Anyways, the design is awesome...

Patrick
Jun 15, 2007, 8:52 AM
I like it.

skylife
Jun 15, 2007, 8:17 PM
It looks kinda Dubai-ey, but I like it.

cityguy
Jun 16, 2007, 12:06 PM
"what are the odds that this tower will be built,considering Miami's condo market?

Chad
Jun 16, 2007, 12:31 PM
Marvelous!!

GREGGYMIAMI305
Jun 16, 2007, 2:36 PM
"what are the odds that this tower will be built,considering Miami's condo market?

this tower has a very good chance of being built because this is going to be a Office tower
Miami's Condo market may be moving just a bit slow but the office market is strong

Miami-Dade County's unemployment rate hit a record low 3.1% in February, the lowest rate since 1983, according to the Beacon Council

here's a link http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=394245&page=3

the office market is good so the building has a good chance

Alliance
Jun 17, 2007, 2:59 PM
Does anyone have numbers on the height of the building? I didn't see any? (meaning w/o the gigantic spire)

GREGGYMIAMI305
Jun 18, 2007, 8:16 PM
at first it was going to be 1,180 feet
but since Miami has its airport so close and the FAA won't let it be that high
its now going to be 1,049 feet

the building is actually the same height , all they did is took out the spire.

Plokoon11
Jun 18, 2007, 9:56 PM
Good for Miami, a lot of citys are getting 1000 footers. Not Philly through :(

aluminum
Jun 18, 2007, 10:09 PM
at first it was going to be 1,180 feet
but since Miami has its airport so close and the FAA won't let it be that high
its now going to be 1,049 feet

If the close airport wasn't a problem and looking at Miami construction boom right now, they could've made ginormous towers. :(

Maldive
Jun 19, 2007, 3:42 AM
Horrid at any height. Miami can do better than this given it's status as a new tallest.

Alliance
Jun 19, 2007, 3:44 AM
The building is having an identity crisis imo...looks better without the spire though.

bobdreamz
Jun 20, 2007, 3:14 PM
HIGHER AND HIGHER: Miami commissioners last week agreed to allow the Miami- Dade County aviation department to raise the maximum building height in the city's urban core from 949 to 1,000 feet. That would allow Tibor Hollo to develop One Bayfront Plaza — a $1.8 billion, 70-story mixed-use tower with 2.13 million square feet of rentable office space, 112,000 square feet of retail and 850 hotel rooms at 100 S. Biscayne Blvd. — almost as high as his desired 1,049 feet.

source: http://miamitodaynews.com/news/070621/fyi.shtml

aluminum
Jun 20, 2007, 11:10 PM
Horrid at any height. Miami can do better than this given it's status as a new tallest.

May not look good in daytime, but it will look gorgeous at night.

coruna
Jun 29, 2007, 4:16 AM
One Bayfront Plaza is a proposed supertall to be built by developer Tibor Hollo (Florida East Coast Realty) in Miami, Florida. Historically Miami has had strict height limits due to aviation concerns, but a new ordinance passed last month will now allow buildings over 1,000 feet, which will allow Miami to get its first supertall (building over 1,000 feet). Originally introduced as more of a vision, this project was supposed to be nearly 1,200 feet to the spire. At that height, it would have almost never gotten approved. With the new ordinance for downtown, however, Hollo realized he had a legitimate shot at getting it built. So the new design called for a height of 1,049 feet with 70 floors. The spire was reduced and the tower was redesigned to help the tower's chances of approval. It has yet to be approved, but both the FAA and Hollo beleive the tower has a legitimate shot of being approved. It approved, it would start construction most likely in 2010 or 2011. Completion is estimated for 2013. The building would feature retail and hotel space on the lower levels, and offices throughout most of the building. Although Miami's residential boom is fading, the office market is expected to pick up in the coming years, and has already shown signs of doing so.

The 21-story Citibank Plaza, which currently leaves a huge gap in the middle of the skyline between the 750-foot Wachovia Financial Center and the 500-foot One Biscayne Tower, would be demolished at last (built in 1959) to make way for the new tower, which would be centrally located near Bayfront Park, a mass transit station, and Biscayne Boulevard, the main thoroughfare in Miami. It will have a very prominent spot in Miami's skyline.

Old Rendering
http://www.newcityskyline.com/One_BayFront_Plaza_street_level.jpg

New Design, which will be the one submitted for approval
http://www.newcityskyline.com/BayfrontPlaza-04-hr.jpg

It would also be the tallest building in Miami if built, even taller than the proposed Empire World Towers which would be over 100 floors.

aluminum
Jun 29, 2007, 5:52 AM
It would also be the tallest building in Miami if built, even taller than the proposed Empire World Towers which would be over 100 floors.

Taller than Empire World Towers ?
I don't get it, ain't the Empire World Towers around 1200' tall ???:shrug:

toddguy
Jun 29, 2007, 5:53 AM
There is already a thread for this on page two of this forum(proposals)http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=118898

maybe a mod can delete or merge this?

coruna
Jun 29, 2007, 2:16 PM
Taller than Empire World Towers ?
I don't get it, ain't the Empire World Towers around 1200' tall ???:shrug:

They were originally proposed at 1200', but since they didn't have a realistic shot at being approved for that height, the towers were reduced to just under 1,000 feet.

.....and yes, go ahead and merge this with the existing thread, I didn't see that one.

Dolemite
Jun 29, 2007, 2:20 PM
Building looks pretty hot...

GREGGYMIAMI305
Jun 29, 2007, 4:12 PM
I am confident this building will get built.

toddguy
Jun 29, 2007, 6:09 PM
I like the first(front?) view..but the second(back?) looks like two completely different buildings somehow got stuck together-awkward looking just a bit.

Fabb
Jun 29, 2007, 7:34 PM
Kissing towers ?
I've seen that before.

GREGGYMIAMI305
Jul 31, 2007, 9:43 PM
This Project Is Serious...So Expect To See This Building In The Construction Thread.
The Reason It Will Take Three Years Before Ground Breaking Is Because They Will Have To Take Down The Building Which Now Sits On The Property.

GREGGYMIAMI305
Jul 31, 2007, 9:45 PM
FECR RECEIVES MUSP APPROVAL FOR ONE BAYFRONT PLAZA

Landmark project to be Miami’s tallest building

MIAMI, Fla. (July 25, 2007) – Florida East Coast Realty, Inc. (FECR) has received the City of Miami Major Use Special Permit (MUSP) for One Bayfront Plaza, a $1.8 billion development to include two 70 -story mixed-use towers at 100 S. Biscayne Blvd. in downtown Miami. The combined project will comprise two million square feet of rentable office space, 112,000 square feet of retail space and a four-star convention hotel with 850 rooms and 120,000 square feet of exhibition and banquet facilities overlooking Biscayne Bay and Bayfront Park. The property is to break ground in 2011 and should take approximately three years to build.

The signature design by TERRA Architecture will be matched only by the building’s size; the tower is poised to be the tallest building in Miami, at 1,049 feet. Unique will be its steel structure with fluid dampers to absorb wind gusts and its Green designation by LEED. It will also be the first hotel to be built north of the Miami River in 25 years.

“We have a vision for an icon,” said Tibor Hollo, Miami business and community leader and FECR company chairman and president. “As part of my legacy, I want to leave this city with a high-profile building on par with the Chrysler building in New York or the Sears Tower in Chicago, a tower that is home to major banks and law firms.”

Philip Dahan, FECR vice president, added, “MUSP approval confirms that the municipality recognizes the need for downtown to have a signature building that is functional in its multi uses. The futuristic features, pedestrian bridge and minimal environmental and traffic impact will all contribute to a new way of life for this city.”

FECR is also currently developing 2020 Ponce, a premier office condominium in downtown Coral Gables.

FECR was founded 55 years ago and is now co-managed by Hollo’s two sons, Jerome and Wayne. Since inception, FECR has built over 55 million square feet of landmark residential, commercial, industrial, and governmental properties and marinas. Among them are Rivergate Plaza, a mixed-use office tower in Brickell; Opera Tower; Bay Parc Plaza, downtown's premier rental building; and The Club at Brickell Bay. Hollo is also hailed for the development of a significant portion of the Venetia/Grand area, now part of the Arts District, just north of downtown Miami.

A community and business leader that has been integral in changing Miami’s skyline, Hollo was recently honored by the House of Representatives for his contribution to Miami’s growth. In 2006, Catholic Charities Legal Services and the Archdiocese of Miami presented Hollo with the New American Award, which recognizes individual immigrants’ contributions to society; and Florida East Coast Realty was honored by “South Florida CEO” magazine as Best Condo Developer.

FECR is headquartered at 100 South Biscayne Blvd, Suite 900, Miami, FL 33131. Tel: (305) 358-7710. For more information, visit www.fecr.com.
###

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h111/creggy/futurebayfront-2.jpg

Bayfront plaza is the tallest building in this picture and the orange buildings are under construction.

GREGGYMIAMI305
Aug 1, 2007, 5:45 PM
1049 Feet

After Years Of Waiting Miami Finally Has Its First 1000 Footer

UrbanImpact
Aug 1, 2007, 5:50 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaay!

Dr. Taco
Aug 1, 2007, 6:00 PM
1049 Feet

After Years Of Waiting Miami Finally Has Its First 1000 Footer

...after only five more years of waiting...

GREGGYMIAMI305
Aug 2, 2007, 7:49 PM
...after only five more years of waiting...

........its worth it

ammiel
Aug 2, 2007, 8:14 PM
I Love The Design It Should Be Built Right Away! Wonderful New Addition To The Miami Skyline!

BrandonJXN
Aug 2, 2007, 8:35 PM
It's going to break ground in 2011??

The hell?

Plokoon11
Aug 2, 2007, 9:01 PM
Nooo!

bobdreamz
Aug 3, 2007, 1:02 AM
It's going to break ground in 2011??

The hell?

there is a building on the site that needs to come down first. Hollo is the owner & developer and is known as a very solid one at that.

Good news none the less! :banana:

Dale
Aug 3, 2007, 2:10 AM
I do have two concerns about Tibor: (1) he definataely takes his time ... Opera Tower seems to have taken 6 or 7 years to get built and (2) he hasn't been able to get Villa Magna done.

Sure, this is office/hotel. But we're hearing that Miami may not be able to readily absorb the projects currently u/c, much less a gargantuan project such as OBP.

BANKofMANHATTAN
Aug 3, 2007, 2:00 PM
Looks like it's the waiting game for you, Miami.

Now, if only we could only harness the construction ferocity of
Dubai and apply it to our domestic projects.

GREGGYMIAMI305
Aug 4, 2007, 9:24 PM
Looks like it's the waiting game for you, Miami.

Now, if only we could only harness the construction ferocity of
Dubai and apply it to our domestic projects.

too bad.....we don't have oil to fuel our economy.......

dave8721
Aug 7, 2007, 6:04 PM
there is a building on the site that needs to come down first. Hollo is the owner & developer and is known as a very solid one at that.

Good news none the less! :banana:

Which means that at some point we are going to get to see another highrise demolition. Those are always fun. The building that sits there now is 19-stories tall. That should make for a nice cloud of dust coming down :banana:

nygirl1
Aug 8, 2007, 2:29 AM
It takes 3 years to take down a building? How large is the building they are taking down?

GREGGYMIAMI305
Aug 8, 2007, 8:47 PM
It takes 3 years to take down a building? How large is the building they are taking down?

this building is in the middle of downtown........

atl2phx
Aug 8, 2007, 8:57 PM
nice height, but the design is, ehhh~blah.

BrandonJXN
Aug 8, 2007, 9:02 PM
this building is in the middle of downtown........

So? It took about 3 months to tear down a 8 story building here in downtown LA. Surely it doesn't take 3 years to do the same.

FerrariEnzo
Aug 9, 2007, 2:56 AM
Ssssskkkkkettttccccchhhhhhhyyyyy

nygirl1
Aug 9, 2007, 3:54 AM
Way sketchy. Doubtful even. How long did it take to tear down the buildings for Nytt? Like less then a year. Duetch Bank started a bit late but thats a 500 footer it's going down pretty smoothly. What's in the way right now as far as this tower is concerned? How large of a building? How many floors as well?

brickell
Aug 9, 2007, 1:53 PM
I don't think that taking it down is the problem. Clearing clients is one issue, but nothing that should take 3 years. The developer has several other projects going on and is known to be slow and deliberate. At this rate, there's no telling what might change in 3 years, but it is a serious proposal.

MAH4546
Aug 13, 2007, 6:15 PM
So? It took about 3 months to tear down a 8 story building here in downtown LA. Surely it doesn't take 3 years to do the same.

The developer is very conservative, and is going to allow all current tennant leases to expire, rather than terminate them. Preparing this building to be demolished won't be easy. It is an old building and, I believe, largely concrete. It is also in the middle of downtown surrounded by more buildings.

Alliance
Aug 13, 2007, 6:23 PM
Ssssskkkkkettttccccchhhhhhhyyyyy
:tup:

GREGGYMIAMI305
Aug 13, 2007, 10:18 PM
I Think The Design Is Nice...don't You Agree

EmpireCityGuy
Aug 14, 2007, 1:48 AM
FECR RECEIVES MUSP APPROVAL FOR ONE BAYFRONT PLAZA

Landmark project to be Miami’s tallest building

MIAMI, Fla. (July 25, 2007) – Florida East Coast Realty, Inc. (FECR) has received the City of Miami Major Use Special Permit (MUSP) for One Bayfront Plaza, a $1.8 billion development to include two 70 -story mixed-use towers at 100 S. Biscayne Blvd. in downtown Miami. The combined project will comprise two million square feet of rentable office space, 112,000 square feet of retail space and a four-star convention hotel with 850 rooms and 120,000 square feet of exhibition and banquet facilities overlooking Biscayne Bay and Bayfront Park. The property is to break ground in 2011 and should take approximately three years to build.

The signature design by TERRA Architecture will be matched only by the building’s size; the tower is poised to be the tallest building in Miami, at 1,049 feet. Unique will be its steel structure with fluid dampers to absorb wind gusts and its Green designation by LEED. It will also be the first hotel to be built north of the Miami River in 25 years.

“We have a vision for an icon,” said Tibor Hollo, Miami business and community leader and FECR company chairman and president. “As part of my legacy, I want to leave this city with a high-profile building on par with the Chrysler building in New York or the Sears Tower in Chicago, a tower that is home to major banks and law firms.”

Philip Dahan, FECR vice president, added, “MUSP approval confirms that the municipality recognizes the need for downtown to have a signature building that is functional in its multi uses. The futuristic features, pedestrian bridge and minimal environmental and traffic impact will all contribute to a new way of life for this city.”

FECR is also currently developing 2020 Ponce, a premier office condominium in downtown Coral Gables.

FECR was founded 55 years ago and is now co-managed by Hollo’s two sons, Jerome and Wayne. Since inception, FECR has built over 55 million square feet of landmark residential, commercial, industrial, and governmental properties and marinas. Among them are Rivergate Plaza, a mixed-use office tower in Brickell; Opera Tower; Bay Parc Plaza, downtown's premier rental building; and The Club at Brickell Bay. Hollo is also hailed for the development of a significant portion of the Venetia/Grand area, now part of the Arts District, just north of downtown Miami.

A community and business leader that has been integral in changing Miami’s skyline, Hollo was recently honored by the House of Representatives for his contribution to Miami’s growth. In 2006, Catholic Charities Legal Services and the Archdiocese of Miami presented Hollo with the New American Award, which recognizes individual immigrants’ contributions to society; and Florida East Coast Realty was honored by “South Florida CEO” magazine as Best Condo Developer.

FECR is headquartered at 100 South Biscayne Blvd, Suite 900, Miami, FL 33131. Tel: (305) 358-7710. For more information, visit www.fecr.com.
###

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h111/creggy/futurebayfront-2.jpg

Bayfront plaza is the tallest building in this picture and the orange buildings are under construction.

awesome rendering! Miami is truly spectacular