PDA

View Full Version : 1161 Heron Rd | 50 m | 2 x 16 fl | Completed

rocketphish
Sep 19, 2016, 5:45 PM
The proposed development will create a 343 unit residential complex with two high-rise (up to 16 storeys) towers on separate 6 storey terraced podiums with underground parking and limited surface parking primarily at the building entrances. The complex will feature green roofs on the top of the first, fourth and sixth levels. The former railway right of way will be developed as recreational open space with an extension of the north-south multi-use pathway as currently planned by the City of Ottawa.

The complex will be served by a three level underground parking structure with a centralized access point serving both buildings. Total vehicle parking on the site will be 411 spaces. The first level will have 90 visitor spaces along with 341 lockers and 314 bicycle spaces. In addition, a portion of this level will house amenity spaces including a pool, fitness room and common room along the western side. The second and third levels of the garage will have a controlled access and provide 313 resident spaces. There will also be 8 spaces at grade located near the building entrances.

The proposed development is intended to provide rental accommodation in the form of apartment units on the third to sixth level of the podium and in the tower portions of the complex. In addition, two storey ‘townhouse style’ units will be available in the first two floors of the podium. The preliminary unit mix is proposed to be 24 one bedroom apartment units; 306 two bedroom apartment units; 6 two bedroom ‘townhouse style’ units; and 7 three bedroom ‘townhouse style’ units. The unit mix may vary as the architectural design is refined through the approval process.

The site is currently vacant and includes a former rail right-of-way along the western site boundary. The site has a frontage of approximately 93 metres along Heron Road (including the former rail right-of-way) and 83 metres along Cecil Avenue. It has a lot area of approximately 1.2 hectares (3.05 acres).

Development application:
http://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans/appDetails.jsf?lang=en&appId=__0APV1A

Streetview:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.3784663,-75.6693398,3a,75y,347.87h,86.5t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1spBRIavmvJWk_jnKs_S7aOw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Aerial:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8355/29508816840_b634891de9_b.jpg

Renderings:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8559/29508816600_d7779fa7dc_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8744/29765587996_40cdf14e2e_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8021/29508816680_f64fb368dc_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8414/29175473653_e1565858c3_b.jpg

sestafanos
Sep 20, 2016, 3:06 AM
Meh. Boring area. Boring building. Not much here.

passwordisnt123
Sep 20, 2016, 2:21 PM
It's not that bad. It's tough to be too hard on a developer wanting to build something on Heron Road. I think the fact that anybody's even proposing something there other than townhouses should be treated positively.

There are too many parking spaces, in my opinion and a few other things to quibble over but the development is a 15 minute walk to the Confederation Heights O-Train station which would make it appealing to both public servants and Carleton students.

TransitZilla
Sep 20, 2016, 2:53 PM
Looks decent. A good shot of investment into a corner of town that needs it, IMHO.

It's nice to see the allowance for the MUP in the rail corridor. Unfortunately I'm not sure how they will extend this north to Bank Street as envisioned in the CDP, since both Blue Heron Mall and the new plaza to the north encroach onto it.

This stretch of Heron is where the feds are proving $ to install cycle tracks but they are not shown in the roadway modification plan. I assume it will be updated.

Ottawa Champ
Sep 20, 2016, 3:44 PM
I passed by the site the other day wondering if there would be any development in the works and here it is. The amount of parking spaces does seem excessive but at least the building is mostly two bedroom units. Like mentioned by a previous poster this is good considering it is Heron Road. The area is slowly transforming, with a couple of small developments closer to the southeast corner of Bank and Heron currently underway as well.

Does anyone have any updates on the status of the empty lot on Bank Street next to Hometown? I believe it was approved as a 5-6 storey condo building a few years back.

OTSkyline
Sep 20, 2016, 7:16 PM
Not bad actually.. I like the different use of materials and the variations in building heights - creates a bit of interest rather than something like 3 identical 12fl towers one next to each other.

It's good especially for that shabby part of town.

A bit sad that it isn't closer to transit though... Yes it's only about 15 minute walk form Confed station, but that 1.5km walk in the dead of February would be brutal... :(

TheGoods
Sep 21, 2016, 7:34 PM
Not bad actually.. I like the different use of materials and the variations in building heights - creates a bit of interest rather than something like 3 identical 12fl towers one next to each other.

It's good especially for that shabby part of town.

A bit sad that it isn't closer to transit though... Yes it's only about 15 minute walk form Confed station, but that 1.5km walk in the dead of February would be brutal... :(

You are less than 10 minutes or less than 1km away from the Heron Transitway station, that is really good!

unleashedlive
Oct 23, 2016, 12:31 AM
Does anyone have any updates on the status of the empty lot on Bank Street next to Hometown? I believe it was approved as a 5-6 storey condo building a few years back.

The sign went down a while back and nothing else has gone up since.

There are 2 new smaller 3-4 storey developments (offices) going in along Bank just south of Heron so the area is seeing some new development which is good. I live right near there and everything is so dated.

movebyleap
Oct 23, 2016, 3:00 AM
Nothing special.

On Edge
Sep 5, 2017, 1:39 AM
So the sign is gone and this is dead?

waterloowarrior
Sep 5, 2017, 1:53 AM
there are some revised plans posted on the Devapps site from June 2017

On Edge
Mar 30, 2018, 8:06 PM
Construction is underway at the site.

Multi-modal
Apr 23, 2018, 2:00 PM
They have started driving sheet piles on-site:

https://i.imgur.com/LaPT8Uv.jpg

Multi-modal
Apr 23, 2018, 2:09 PM
Also, here's a photo of the progress at 1625 & 1629 Bank Street, as well as 1637 Bank Street. I couldn't find a thread for these two developments, but I also don't think they really deserve a thread of their own at this point.

https://i.imgur.com/5I365WC.jpg

TransitZilla
Apr 25, 2018, 4:30 PM
There is a noticed posted for roadway modifications associated with this development on the city website:

https://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/accountability-and-transparency/public-meetings-and-notices#proposed-roadway-modifications
Heron Road, West of Bank Street; Cecil Avenue, West of Bank Street

Concrete sidewalk on the south side of Cecil Avenue
Minor road widening on Cecil Avenue
One garbage room access and one full movement access on Cecil Avenue
North leg of the signalized Heron Road and Canadian Tire access intersection for future development
Removal of a right-turn channel on Canadian Tire access at Heron Road
Protected intersection at Heron Road and Canadian Tire access/ future development access
Eastbound left-turn lane on Heron Road at the proposed site access
Modification to existing median on Heron Road

For more information, please contact:

Neeti Paudel (link sends e-mail)

Transportation Services Department

Tel: 613-580-2424, extension 22284

Any person who wishes to raise objections to the modifications must contact the City Clerk, in writing, at the address below by May 11, 2018.

Also, here's a photo of the progress at 1625 & 1629 Bank Street, as well as 1637 Bank Street. I couldn't find a thread for these two developments, but I also don't think they really deserve a thread of their own at this point.

https://i.imgur.com/5I365WC.jpg

I have passed by the building at 1625 Bank and I noticed at the ground floor is a sporting goods store, but I never realized that the 2nd floor is actually an indoor soccer training facility:

https://comeplaysoccer.com/

Proof Sheet
Apr 25, 2018, 5:30 PM
I have passed by the building at 1625 Bank and I noticed at the ground floor is a sporting goods store, but I never realized that the 2nd floor is actually an indoor soccer training facility:

https://comeplaysoccer.com/

Looks like the Di Salvo's across the street moved to the ground floor and they have created a 2nd floor space for indoor soccer training, mainly aimed at younger age groups.

The building to the south is/was to be built as medical space I believe and it has quite a drop from east to west on that lot.

Jamaican-Phoenix
Apr 26, 2018, 4:16 PM
But that's where you can cheaply put a 'subway' right of way along an old railway line.

God, i hate the lack of foresight in this city.

Multi-modal
Apr 26, 2018, 4:21 PM
But that's where you can cheaply put a 'subway' right of way along an old railway line.

God, i hate the lack of foresight in this city.

What? The ROW was sold 20 years ago and the City didn't buy it, but since the 2013 Bank Street CDP the City has been trying to retain the corridor through dev. apps for a linear park. The Blue Heron Mall and plaza across from Randall Avenue were built or approved before the CDP, which is unfortunate. But 1161 Heron Road is not building on that corridor.

Now, we can argue how easy it is to turn a linear park into a rail corridor, but they ARE actively trying to preserve the corridor.

JHikka
May 2, 2018, 11:43 PM
Lots of activity on site today.

Davis137
May 6, 2018, 1:48 AM
I think it's cool that some other mid-to-high rise projects are on the go for this area. There hasn't been anything added to the skyline in that area of the city for some time, other than the Condo's behind the Courtyard Marriot Residences on Walkley beside the O-train and transitway. If these do in fact go up, I might be able to see them in the distance from the back of my house.

Catenary
Jul 15, 2018, 6:55 AM
Tower Crane went up on this site Saturday afternoon. Synergy logos on the crane.

Davis137
Jul 16, 2018, 12:38 PM
I also noticed the crane being setup in that location this weekend, and it's a welcomed sight. After looking at the renders again, these buildings look like a shorter version of the Bella Tower that finished going up in downtown Hamilton last year (27 Floors).

Davis137
Aug 1, 2018, 3:37 PM
Had a look at this site this past weekend, and the site not only has mixed hoarding and fencing, but the portion of the site closest to Heron Road is excavated at least 2-3 levels below grade, with the north side of the site being between 1 and 2 levels deep. I would imagine that they will be down as far as they need to be soon, and will be starting pours before the end of August...

Davis137
Sep 10, 2018, 4:48 PM
I will go by this location this week, and try to get some pictures...I don't live too far from it...

Multi-modal
Sep 27, 2018, 1:40 PM
Here is the site yesterday:

https://i.imgur.com/SFTklZU.jpg?1

It looks like they are one level below ground level for most of the site.

Davis137
Nov 25, 2018, 10:06 PM
The site is now at grade, they are prepping to install forms and other equipment for the first floor, and as of right now, they are constructing the second high crane for the north portion of the site...some vary rapid progress in the last week. I will try to get pictures this week...

JHikka
Feb 9, 2019, 6:49 PM
Roughly two floors above grade on Heron.

danishh
Feb 12, 2019, 4:05 PM
Roughly two floors above grade on Heron.

yeah, I was at Canadian tire this weekend and this dev surprised me. Completely forgot about it. Good location for more housing on Heron/Baseline busway. Should be ~30 by transit to most locations inside the greenbelt.

TransitZilla
Feb 12, 2019, 4:24 PM
yeah, I was at Canadian tire this weekend and this dev surprised me. Completely forgot about it. Good location for more housing on Heron/Baseline busway. Should be ~30 by transit to most locations inside the greenbelt.

Sadly it's not on the busway although it is close to route #6 service on Bank St.

Service toward the west from this location is not great since it requires a connection at Billings Bridge. I suggested to OC that the new 46 (replacement of 112) should be removed from Clementine and extended west on Heron to Data Centre Rd which would provide a faster connection to buses toward the west.

The OC rep indicated that they thought the increased walking time from Clementine Blvd offset the benefits. Of course I disagree; I think that with service along Bank Street and along Heron the walking distances would be acceptable, but alas.

Multi-modal
Feb 12, 2019, 4:45 PM
Sadly it's not on the busway although it is close to route #6 service on Bank St.

Service toward the west from this location is not great since it requires a connection at Billings Bridge. I suggested to OC that the new 46 (replacement of 112) should be removed from Clementine and extended west on Heron to Data Centre Rd which would provide a faster connection to buses toward the west.

The OC rep indicated that they thought the increased walking time from Clementine Blvd offset the benefits. Of course I disagree; I think that with service along Bank Street and along Heron the walking distances would be acceptable, but alas.

I agree with you, its too bad OC Transpo disagrees. They could still provide some nominal service on Clementine using the new 141.

This segment of Heron shows the disconnect between City planning (road designated as a at-grade rapid transit corridor) and OC Transpo (unwilling for various reasons to run ANY buses on the road).

Another example is the Blair Road Transit Priority Corridor (http://ottwatch.ca/meetings/file/519024... where they are studying transit priority on Blair even though OC Transpo has no plans to run even an all-day local route on Blair, let alone a frequent route. (*Edit, in the case of Blair I think the Transit Priority corridor should be moved to Bathgate and Den Haag)

CityTech
Feb 12, 2019, 8:13 PM

OC's internal culture is too obsessed with walking distances and not concerned enough about frequency or speed.

OTSkyline
Feb 12, 2019, 9:04 PM
Its not too far from the Mooney's Bay LRT station though...

lrt's friend
Feb 12, 2019, 9:27 PM

Are you kidding?

Mooney's Bay station access is west of Bronson. Are we now expecting people to routinely walk from Bank to Bronson to access transit? And there is a big gully in the middle that you have walk down and walk up again plus it is not exactly pedestrian friendly to the east of Mooney's Bay station.

TransitZilla
Feb 12, 2019, 9:27 PM

1.5 km to Mooney's Bay Station.

1.0 km to Heron Station.

TransitZilla
Feb 12, 2019, 9:30 PM
OC's internal culture is too obsessed with walking distances and not concerned enough about frequency or speed.

The full response I got was this:

"We also reviewed your suggestion to have Route 112 operate along Data Centre Road instead of Clementine Boulevard and Bank Street. We examined the immediate impacts to riders through changes to travel time, walking time, and waiting time. In assessing your suggestion, we found a travel time saving from the new routing. However, these savings are offset by the extra walking time from customers travelling to/from Clementine Boulevard and Bank Street. Based on this information we do not recommend this change as the benefit of those changes do not outweigh any potential inconvenience to customers."

My reaction was that they may only be considering existing customers and that is short-sighed. The faster routing may attract more customers to transit.

lrt's friend
Feb 12, 2019, 9:30 PM

The reason for the comment was that Route 1 used to run on Clementine for decades. Service has already eroded a lot. I believe there are a lot of seniors who live in the back streets in this area.

Multi-modal
Feb 12, 2019, 9:55 PM
The reason for the comment was that Route 1 used to run on Clementine for decades. Service has already eroded a lot. I believe there are a lot of seniors who live in the back streets in this area.

The demographics in the area are changing. There are still some seniors of course, but the area is seeing more and more young families (relatively inexpensive compared to Old Ottawa South or Alta Vista) and students (proximity to Carleton playing a big factor).

Catenary
Feb 12, 2019, 11:42 PM

The housing there is fairly dense, and the former rail corridor between Bank and Gilles limits the connectivity of the street grid out to Bank street. If more of the streets connected to Bank, I don't think this would be much of an issue at all.

eastcanman
Feb 18, 2019, 4:39 AM
I thought the main point of the old 112 line was to add an increased level of accessibility for people who might find it difficult to walk even a few hundred metres to transit? The Clementine Blvd. neighbourhood hosts a number of seniors' homes as well as an adult long-term care facility; these are probably significant factors in maintaining a route in the area.

TransitZilla
Feb 18, 2019, 12:25 PM
I thought the main point of the old 112 line was to add an increased level of accessibility for people who might find it difficult to walk even a few hundred metres to transit? The Clementine Blvd. neighbourhood hosts a number of seniors' homes as well as an adult long-term care facility; these are probably significant factors in maintaining a route in the area.

I thought the main point of the 112 was to provide a cross-town route on Heron and Walkley. That's why I think the service should be fast and direct. The 112 is being re-numbered 46 when LRT starts.

There is a variant of the 112 today that serves Kaladar, Brookfield and Clover. That used to be part of route 5 and with LRT will be renumbered as 141. That will serve Clementine as well.

Under my proposal, the 46 would no longer serve Clementine, but the 141 would still. The 141 only has a few trips per day (and probably should be increased to, say, hourly) but I think that is ok for a route where more frequent service would be available wiithin a fairly short walk for most.

Multi-modal
Mar 4, 2019, 12:20 AM
Took a couple pictures today. They are working on the 4th floor on the building closest to Heron, and the 1st or 2nd floor on the building closest to Cecil:
https://i.imgur.com/Uiq7kvy.jpg

Its also starting to peek out behind Shopper's from Bank Street:
https://i.imgur.com/2PeLaeY.jpg

JHikka
Mar 4, 2019, 12:56 AM
Really excited for this project. Interested to see the Bank corridor lengthen, even if it's in the form of this project being tucked in behind a power centre style development.

Davis137
Mar 4, 2019, 3:17 PM
I am going to get more pics of this as it goes up, as I don't live very from this project...

JHikka
Mar 23, 2019, 5:56 PM
Currently working on 6th floor above grade. Looking pretty bulky.

Multi-modal
Mar 23, 2019, 6:24 PM
Currently working on 6th floor above grade. Looking pretty bulky.

Yep. I was going to do an update today. The 6th floor (or 5th maybe, can't remember) is supposed to be the top of the podium, after that it becomes more of a tower.

https://i.imgur.com/i2UprSw.jpg

TransitZilla
Mar 24, 2019, 1:03 AM
Yep. I was going to do an update today. The 6th floor (or 5th maybe, can't remember) is supposed to be the top of the podium, after that it becomes more of a tower.

https://i.imgur.com/i2UprSw.jpg

Thanks for the pic! You can now see the drive-thru entrance arch (though it is currently filled with a forest of yellow support jacks).

OTSkyline
Mar 25, 2019, 6:53 PM
Been seeing this one rise from my balcony.

Does anyone know if they are building both towers at the same time? I know the one fronting Heron is well on its way, but is the one tucked in the back (fronting Cecil) under construction right now as well?

Multi-modal
Mar 25, 2019, 8:04 PM
Been seeing this one rise from my balcony.

Does anyone know if they are building both towers at the same time? I know the one fronting Heron is well on its way, but is the one tucked in the back (fronting Cecil) under construction right now as well?

Yep, you can see in the photo I posted a couple days ago that the building fronting Cecil is up to the 2nd floor.

Davis137
Mar 29, 2019, 4:33 PM
I went back and looked at the renders on the first page of this thread, and what's funny is that these 2 buildings (especially the 10 floor towers), are going to look very tall, and quite large in scale, as there is literally nothing as big or as tall as them in the immediate area (think the closest are down by Billings, and the ones on Walkley, east of Bank).

OTSkyline
Mar 29, 2019, 7:03 PM
I went back and looked at the renders on the first page of this thread, and what's funny is that these 2 buildings (especially the 10 floor towers), are going to look very tall, and quite large in scale, as there is literally nothing as big or as tall as them in the immediate area (think the closest are down by Billings, and the ones on Walkley, east of Bank).

Yep! I'm at the Bank/Walkley one, top floor (10th). There is/was a proposal to build 2 even taller ones behind my building but it looks like that might be on hold for now? I believe they were to be 16 stories consisting mostly of rentals...

Davis137
Apr 11, 2019, 11:39 AM
You can see this project peeking out over the treeline as you cross the bridge heading eastbound on Basline over the Rideau river and Canal...

Davis137
Apr 25, 2019, 6:04 PM
They have the forms for the 8th floor of the south tower going up, and man, does this project have an impact on the fabric of that neighbourhood now...

JHikka
Apr 26, 2019, 3:30 PM
They have the forms for the 8th floor of the south tower going up, and man, does this project have an impact on the fabric of that neighbourhood now...

It's pretty impressive when approaching on Heron from the east.

Davis137
Apr 26, 2019, 3:45 PM
It's pretty impressive when approaching on Heron from the east.

Yep, I think you will be able to see these 2 buildings from many vantage points as they go up. They are certainly giving that area of Bank Street a more Urban look and feel, vs the traditional 1970's-1990's suburban look and feel.

Well, to me anyways...

TransitZilla
Apr 26, 2019, 5:48 PM
Yep, I think you will be able to see these 2 buildings from many vantage points as they go up. They are certainly giving that area of Bank Street a more Urban look and feel, vs the traditional 1970's-1990's suburban look and feel.

Well, to me anyways...

Agree, and the building on the other side at Evans will help as well.

If only we could get the Bank St rebuild underway... but it seems to be pushed out a few years..

Catenary
Apr 27, 2019, 12:30 AM
Agree, and the building on the other side at Evans will help as well.

If only we could get the Bank St rebuild underway... but it seems to be pushed out a few years..

I actually got an update on the Bank Street rebuild just recently: the design work is currently out for tender.

JHikka
May 3, 2019, 1:35 PM
May 3, 2019

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47764160071_5f43a6ddc3_h.jpg
Photo by me via Flickr.

Ottawa Champ
May 3, 2019, 3:21 PM
I actually got an update on the Bank Street rebuild just recently: the design work is currently out for tender.

There is a short update on the Bank Street rebuild in the latest (and final) Ottawa South Community Voice. I can't figure out how to properly format in in here but here is the link. It's on page 8. Sounds like a 2021 start with possible further delays if buses are rerouted to Bank street for LRT phase 2 construction.

With that being said, I don't see why buses would be routed to Bank street when The transitway and Bronson could be used.

http://ottawavoice.ca/assets/ottawa-south-0425---web.pdf

Catenary
May 5, 2019, 5:23 AM
There is a short update on the Bank Street rebuild in the latest (and final) Ottawa South Community Voice. I can't figure out how to properly format in in here but here is the link. It's on page 8. Sounds like a 2021 start with possible further delays if buses are rerouted to Bank street for LRT phase 2 construction.

With that being said, I don't see why buses would be routed to Bank street when The transitway and Bronson could be used.

http://ottawavoice.ca/assets/ottawa-south-0425---web.pdf

It also mentions that the work will be split, with north of Heron separate from south of Heron, and that the south of Heron stretch may be 5-10 years off.

JHikka
May 13, 2019, 4:10 PM
May 12, 2019:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47842265191_6737f91a84_b.jpg
By me via Flickr

Can see the top of the development approaching eastbound on Heron now.

Davis137
May 13, 2019, 6:15 PM
The south tower/building has forms for the 10th floor going up today...

JHikka
May 20, 2019, 5:18 PM
10 storeys high now. Can be seen from Heron & Alta Vista.

Davis137
May 21, 2019, 8:38 PM
You can also see it easily from further south on the Airport Parkway (Huntclub area), and when both are up, it's going to make the skyline adjacent to Bank street that much denser when viewed from certain areas...

RogueNacho
Jun 6, 2019, 3:24 PM
Exterior brick work has started to go up on the south tower adjacent to Heron. It can be seen coming up along the west walls as well as inside the little drive through arch entrance. Looks decent enough so far!

OTSkyline
Jun 6, 2019, 6:37 PM
With these towers, the shorter condo tower proposed a block or so north on Bank, the revised 2 x 17 towers on Anand AND the future build out of Heron Gate, this is about to get a very busy and lively area.

Harley613
Jun 7, 2019, 4:42 AM
With these towers, the shorter condo tower proposed a block or so north on Bank, the revised 2 x 17 towers on Anand AND the future build out of Heron Gate, this is about to get a very busy and lively area.

There is a huge Middle Eastern community around Bank between Billings and South Keys. I envision a sort of Little Middle East on this part of Bank to rival Chinatown and Little Italy. I love Middle Eastern food and there are already a tonne of places on that stretch. It could use some branding and gentrification but it could be cool if it goes that way.

Davis137
Jun 7, 2019, 2:13 PM
They are working on the floor plates for the 12th and 13th floors of the south tower now.

RogueNacho
Jun 7, 2019, 3:10 PM
I believe these are the most up-to-date renderings of the buildings. The renderings are from 2017, so I don't know if any minor changes have been made since then, but these images do seem to fit with what we can see under construction as of now.

https://i.imgur.com/60fDJ9r.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0tT0zfA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dbP37g9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0rP6Syg.jpg

Jamaican-Phoenix
Jun 7, 2019, 4:17 PM
Wow, neo-brutalism much?

lrt's friend
Jun 7, 2019, 4:25 PM
Heron Road is changing! This should change local transit demand in the area, which is too far away from rapid transit for most people.

I hate to mention it, but I remember Heron Road when it was still a gravel road.

Davis137
Jun 20, 2019, 1:23 PM
The south tower is up to the 13th floor, and the North Tower appears to be around 8 floors, and exterior brick and mortar and cladding is going up on both, with the lower 6 floors mostly done on the South building...

RogueNacho
Oct 6, 2019, 12:36 AM
Taken October 5. Exterior brick work is progressing on the upper floors along the south tower. The north tower still has about 1 or 2 more floors to go until topped off.

https://i.imgur.com/Zd7s2Z7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yTOhSgI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wKy1YHp.jpg

TransitZilla
Oct 25, 2019, 3:39 PM
Noticed a banner today: this project is called Lunen Haus.

www.lunen.ca

Occupancy Spring 2020

Harley613
Dec 12, 2019, 2:56 AM
Today's Progress:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49206858907_38805e7ca4_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2hYf1P6)DJI_0888 (https://flic.kr/p/2hYf1P6) by harley613 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/92071236@N08/), on Flickr

TransitZilla
Dec 12, 2019, 3:23 AM
Nothing fancy, but I like it. The colours and materials actually make it look better than the renderings.

Harley613
Dec 12, 2019, 3:28 AM
Nothing fancy, but I like it. The colours and materials actually make it look better than the renderings.

I agree with you there. For a relatively unimportant and absolutely horrible looking neighbourhood they have gone with a fairly nice design and materials. It's about the same quality of design but better materials than what Crapridge built in the MOST important neighbourhood in Lebreton Flats.