PDA

View Full Version : Provincial Policies

urban_planner
Oct 9, 2009, 8:20 PM
So I was reading an article in the mountian news today which I will post a link too about a developmentfor Rymal rd for some higher density develpoment that would line up with the Place to Grow policies but the city ended up going against this as well as the OP and allowed for a Condominium townhome development.

So I ask whats the point of these Provincial Planning documents when cities work around them anyway.

I can't find a link to the article. Anyway if you get the mountian news, its near the back.

waterloowarrior
Oct 13, 2009, 1:32 AM
is it this development? (http://www.myhamilton.ca/NR/rdonlyres/2056BC65-D1E6-4EC2-89AF-57ABE490AAB1/0/Oct06PED08265.pdf)

urban_planner
Oct 21, 2009, 4:07 PM
Ya I think this is the proposal I had read about, I thought that the city was planning on approving the application however it seems to me that they are wanting to refuse, which i think they should. in favour of greater densities.

realcity
Oct 21, 2009, 8:25 PM
Hamilton is aiming for the BARE MINIMUM Places to Grow densities. My guess is that this is not even the min.

Hamilton it seems has ignored that this is a Provincal Act and not optional and that the minimum is just that minimum. How ambitious is that?