PDA

View Full Version : Additional Vancouver moderator discussion

Mike K.
May 2, 2008, 4:12 PM
SSP:L Vancouver is growing and we're looking for two individuals in addition to Mr. x. to help mod this forum.

Modding is essentially comprised of making sure that if you come across questionable content that you either alert admins or other mods (in the mod sub-forum), move the odd thread that is posted in the wrong section, step in when a bait-and-hook situation takes place, etc.

And you get a different username colour to boot :)

If you guys wouldn't mind discussing, perhaps even nominating a few individuals for consideration, that would be much appreciated.

jlousa
May 2, 2008, 4:31 PM
I don't know if he's even interested or has the time, but I wouldn't mind seeing SFUVancouver as a mod, he's always very neutral and I think he'd do a great job.

twoNeurons
May 2, 2008, 4:58 PM
The evil part of me wants to nominate tg3... just to be sinister... but that's like suggesting Tibet will become a sovereign nation. :haha:

excel
May 2, 2008, 5:08 PM
I agree with jlousa and would nominate SFU as well. I would also nominate jlousa himself as he always has very reliable information and is a valued contributor to this forum. That is if he has the time and is interested. My final nomination would go to Delirium who also provides useful information and a wide variety pictures to the forum.

MistyMountainHop
May 2, 2008, 5:42 PM
SFUVancouver would definitely be a good choice. I think officedweller or Raggedy13 would also be good.

jlousa
May 2, 2008, 5:56 PM
Thanks for the nomination but I need to refuse, as I could not be completley neutral.
I'll second Officedweller I think he'd also be a great moderator.

Raggedy13 and Delirium wouldn't be bad choices either.

I'll warn you now though if TG3 becomes a mod I'll ban myself, but the board would gain more insight from the guy in the orange vest so it would be better off.

mr.x
May 2, 2008, 8:10 PM
Unfortunately, SFU is unavailable to be a mod....I've already asked, he was my first choice.

I have a few nominations:
- officedweller
- raggedy13
- hed kandi
- delirium

And whoever suggested TG3 becoming a mod should be pushed off a cliff!!!

twoNeurons
May 2, 2008, 8:29 PM
Well, there goes my nomination from Mr.x2... :haha:

Mike K.
May 2, 2008, 9:05 PM
I spoke with officedweller and he is very busy with things outside of the forum to take on the position.

So according to this discussion thus far, we have:
- raggedy13
- hed kandi
- delirium

as nominations.

We should wait until they've had a chance to see this thread and review the discussion.

For those of you nominated, if you are interested or want more information, please PM me or post some thoughts here.

MistyMountainHop
May 3, 2008, 12:24 AM
Any of those three would be great, but I think my choice would be raggedy13.

giallo
May 3, 2008, 12:31 AM
I nominate OD, SFU, jlousa, Raggedy and Spongeg. The all spend a good amount of time in the Vancouver forum spreading the love.

mr.x
May 3, 2008, 12:37 AM
Well, there goes my nomination from Mr.x2... :haha:

Naw, i can forgive.

Nomination: tintinium

jlousa
May 3, 2008, 12:56 AM
Any of those three would be great, but I think my choice would be raggedy13.

If SFU and OD are out then I agree with Raggedy13 as well as Spongeg I feel they would probably be my next best choices and would serve us well.

deasine
May 3, 2008, 2:02 AM
Oh no, why isn't SFUVancouver becoming a mod? awww... too bad for officedweller as well... =(

Jacques
May 3, 2008, 2:36 AM
truly would love to see MR.X2 in that position, but he's too humble to take it, so whomever will fill the void will also do an excellent job, best of luck dealing the likes of me (wink wink Joke)
BTW best site in my books, keep up the good works TY

Mike K.
May 3, 2008, 4:38 PM
Mr. X is a mod already.

subdude
May 3, 2008, 5:29 PM
I'll warn you now though if TG3 becomes a mod I'll ban myself

2 funny!

raggedy13
May 3, 2008, 6:26 PM
Wow, I'm surprised and flattered by the nominations. I suppose I could give the moderator gig a try... depending on how many other people want to be mods.

And aside from those already nominated (most of whom I agree with), I'd also nominate giallo. He seems like a pretty chill and even-headed guy. Deasine would do a pretty good job too methinks.

That's too bad about SFU though, he would've been my first nomination as well. I don't blame him though, he's probably busy enough on this forum with all the pictures he contributes and all the detailed explanations of things he provides when called upon by the rest of us to stand up for the city as our white knight of Vancouver urbanism. :yes:

deasine
May 3, 2008, 6:34 PM
Wow, I'm surprised and flattered by the nominations. I suppose I could give the moderator gig a try... depending on how many other people want to be mods.

And aside from those already nominated (most of whom I agree with), I'd also nominate giallo. He seems like a pretty chill and even-headed guy. Deasine would do a pretty good job too methinks.

That's too bad about SFU though, he would've been my first nomination as well. I don't blame him though, he's probably busy enough on this forum with all the pictures he contributes and all the detailed explanations of things he provides when called upon by the rest of us to stand up for the city as our white knight of Vancouver urbanism. :yes:

Haha thanks but it seems like I haven't been on these forums long enough.. for sure there are many more candidates that have been here much longer than me [higher seniority LOL]. I wouldn't mind though, but I rather see SPP:Local Vancouver improve [it's great already] and expand because of great moderators rather than my name highlighted in purple =P

Mike K.
May 3, 2008, 7:04 PM
Hey now, let's not be so modest :) If you feel like modding is something that you would feel comfortable with and if others feel you'd do well as a mod then it's all good in our eyes.

mr.x
May 3, 2008, 7:56 PM
We need a Mod Idol....I'll be Simon.

Mike K.
May 3, 2008, 8:30 PM
Any girls in these here parts?

deasine
May 4, 2008, 12:23 AM
We need a Mod Idol....I'll be Simon.

LOL! HAHA YES!

Any girls in these here parts?

I remember there was a girl forumer but then she got a little ticked off when "the heights of the buildings were wrong" Don't remember her name...

Jacques
May 4, 2008, 12:55 AM
Mr. X is a mod already.
he ain't purple he's fuschia some would say like a cherry :P

mr.x
May 4, 2008, 2:00 AM
he ain't purple he's fuschia some would say like a cherry :P

Moderators are fuschia, administrators are purple.

Mike K.
May 4, 2008, 2:49 AM
Fuschia. Right.

Scratch the purple. Mods will be fushcia.

giallo
May 4, 2008, 5:27 AM
Thanks for the nomination, Raggedy, but I think the moderator should be currently living in Vancouver or BC.

Mike K.
May 4, 2008, 5:17 PM
That's not required. It's more about your knowledge of the forum and knowledge of topics being discussed that's important.

Mike K.
May 6, 2008, 12:47 AM
So the suggested forumers are the only nominations at this point?

Mike K.
May 11, 2008, 8:07 PM
Guys, have we come to a consensus here? Do the individuals that were nominated have any feedback?

deasine
May 12, 2008, 3:11 AM
Haha no one seems to be responding to you =(

As I said earlier, I wouldn't mind. I think you should PM the following people to see [none of them formally said no unless I'm not aware of it]: raggedy13, hed kandi, delirium, spongeg, and giallo.

=) =) =)

Mike K.
May 15, 2008, 3:54 PM
Thanks, deasine.

Anyone else interested?

LeftCoaster
May 15, 2008, 6:04 PM
I would nominate:
Raggedy
Delirium
OfficeDweller
Excel

I think Jlousa would do fine too... despite the fact that he thinks he could not remain nuteral we all usually end up agreeing with him anyway.

bugsy
May 21, 2008, 7:20 AM
May I suggest: Rusty Gull, hollywoodnorth

That is all.

deasine
May 21, 2008, 7:46 AM
omg I forgot about excel =O I shall nominate excel too =D

I think SSC needs a mod now that Mr. X is gone. I don't think they've gotten anyone to fill his seat yet -_-

mr.x
May 21, 2008, 7:57 AM
^ there's a high possibility that i may resign here at SSP sometime this summer...we'll see. This site is totally addictive.

deasine
May 21, 2008, 7:58 AM
^ there's a high possibility that i may resign here at SSP sometime this summer...we'll see. This site is totally addictive.

No. Stay here. *being demanding, brings out whip*

Bad things happen when u leave, as you can see in SSC X_X"

mr.x
May 21, 2008, 8:00 AM
No. Stay here. *being demanding, brings out whip*

Bad things happen when u leave, as you can see in SSC X_X"

If I'm to stay, I want a moderator union, better and more benefits, and dental.