PDA

View Full Version : City Construction Threads

frinkprof
Mar 15, 2007, 5:24 AM
Since we have this brand new forumand aren't bogged down by BC stuff and to a lesser extent Manitoba and Saskatchewan stuff, I figure there is the potential to focus on other cities in Alberta. I think Red Deer, Grande Prairie, and Fort McMurray could have threads. Lethbridge and Medicine Hat are probably other possibilities. I know I would love to see what is going on in these cities, especially Lethbridge since I grew up there.

So I guess this is an open letter to any forumers from those cities that would want to help organize and add to those threads.

Any additional ideas or comments?

M II A II R II K
Mar 15, 2007, 5:26 AM
You can still have sticky threads of the major cities sure, you'll just have space to create threads to zero in on specific subjects too.

Boris2k7
Mar 15, 2007, 5:27 AM
I'll suggest what I did in the other thread.

Calgary Construction
Edmonton Construction
Rest of Alberta Construction

My reasons are thus: there are hardly any forumers from the rest of Alberta in the first place (though there are a few) and we really don't know much about their construction. Of course, we would also need someone from the rest of Alberta to manage the thread and its contents, such as how Feepa and I do for the Edmonton and Calgary threads (respectively).

We could of course break it up into more cities if the numbers warrant it.

Canterra
Mar 15, 2007, 5:28 AM
Lets include a Canmore/Banff/Lake Louise thread also!

skrish
Mar 15, 2007, 5:31 AM
I like Boris's idea. If a city in the Rest of Alberta Construction thread becomes to dominate, it then can get it's own sticky.

frinkprof
Mar 15, 2007, 5:32 AM
Yeah, I guess I might be jumping the gun a bit. I think this new forum might encourage people from the smaller centres to join, and once there is the initiative to make these threads from people who live there, they will happen on their own.

JBinCalgary
Mar 15, 2007, 5:34 AM
yeah, thats a good idea boris

Bassic Lab
Mar 15, 2007, 5:41 AM
I'd say just keep the two main cities a sticky construction threads for now. Other cities might get stickies if they warrant them at a later date of course. I just don't see a Rest of Alberta thread working to well, it would involve too many disparate areas and people and really lack basic cohesion.

Xelebes
Mar 15, 2007, 5:45 AM
Canadian Centaur can kind of like maintain Grande Prairie's thread? *shrug*

JBinCalgary
Mar 15, 2007, 5:55 AM
i got edson taken care of..

bob1954
Mar 15, 2007, 6:33 AM
Calgary Construction: Edmonton Construction: Greater Alberta Construction: Obviously Greater Alberta won't have much info, but as time goes on you never know!! I wonder what "Shadowing" laws they have in Lethbridge or Medicine Hat!! Snip-snip....

feepa
Mar 15, 2007, 1:26 PM
Should we make a sticky for LRT construction as well? Those seem to be constant hot topics around here as well...?

freeweed
Mar 15, 2007, 1:50 PM
Should we make a sticky for LRT construction as well? Those seem to be constant hot topics around here as well...?

You've got my vote.

Grumble: it would have been nice to have a message saying something like "we've re-organized our forums" or what have you. "Invalid forum specified" indeed. Now I have to change all my bookmarks that pointed to the old "western canada" area.

On the bright side, peggers can be happy that they won't have Calgary being yapped about on their threads quite so often now. :haha:

feepa
Mar 15, 2007, 2:14 PM
Drove to work and thought about this for some reason. Morning commutes make you think about weird things.
*Calgary / Edmonton construction threads
*ROA
*LRT Cal/Edm
*YEG/YYC
everything else none sticky.

?????

Boris2k7
Mar 15, 2007, 5:12 PM
^ I agree with this structure. Those were very hot topics in the old forum and it is only fair that they be stickies as well.

feepa
Mar 15, 2007, 5:29 PM
^ I agree with this structure. Those were very hot topics in the old forum and it is only fair that they be stickies as well.

If the masses agree with this, Shall new threads be created (I then can move anything related out of the Edmonton sticky in to LRT/ YEG) etc.

I think a poll is in order...

Boris2k7
Mar 15, 2007, 5:50 PM
A poll would be good. I think we can just sticky the current threads though, and just start up new ones when they hit 2000.