PDA

View Full Version : Request for Help: GTA urban land use map (time-line)

murman
Dec 15, 2006, 11:21 PM
Hi everyone.

I've searched the net hi and lo, but have not come across what I was hoping to find...

Can anyone point me to a map that illustrates the growth of the GTA's urbanised area over time, say over the last 100 years?

'twould be really appreciated!

Thanx.

flar
Dec 16, 2006, 4:28 AM
I'd like to see something like this too.

I don't know if anyone has actually made a map like this, but you could go to a library with a map collection and look at maps from different periods.

rapid_business
Dec 16, 2006, 8:23 PM
count me in as well. I wonder if there is a the same idea for multiple cities posted somewhere online?

waterloowarrior
Dec 16, 2006, 8:36 PM
this is a cool one.. this map won an international award. I don't have a legend though (City of Toronto only)

http://www.esri.com/mapmuseum/mapbook_gallery/volume19/images/large/state_6a.jpg

waterloowarrior
Dec 16, 2006, 8:42 PM
also check out this site
http://prod.library.utoronto.ca:8090/maplib/gta/main.html

Waterlooson
Dec 16, 2006, 11:38 PM
Hi everyone.

I've searched the net hi and lo, but have not come across what I was hoping to find...

Can anyone point me to a map that illustrates the growth of the GTA's urbanised area over time, say over the last 100 years?

Thanx.

I had what you are asking for as a pdf file, but the Government of Ontario has removed it from the web site. It was under "Places to Grow". They have lots of other information on the topic, but not the one they had before which was just what you are looking for.

Waterlooson
Dec 16, 2006, 11:39 PM
Hi everyone.

Thanx.

I had what you are asking for as a pdf file, but the Government of Ontario has removed it from the web site. It was under "Places to Grow". They have lots of other information (pdf files) on the topic, but not the one they had before which was just what you are looking for.

murman
Dec 18, 2006, 5:55 PM
I had what you are asking for as a pdf file, but the Government of Ontario has removed it from the web site. It was under "Places to Grow". They have lots of other information (pdf files) on the topic, but not the one they had before which was just what you are looking for.

Shoot... any chance you could email me a copy of the pdf?

If so, please PM me your email address and I'll respond with mine.

Thanx!

Waterlooson
Dec 18, 2006, 8:27 PM
Shoot... any chance you could email me a copy of the pdf?

If so, please PM me your email address and I'll respond with mine.

Thanx!

No, I don't have the pdf file, I only had the link but it's dead now.