• Owner: Al-Waleed bin Talal.
• Engineers: Hyder Consulting, Arup.
• Constructors: Bechtel, Pickard Chilton.
• Vision of bilionaire Prince al-Walid bin Talal.
• Estimated cost: US$ 11 billion.
• If even one day beeing built, the tower would be the tallest structure in existence in world.
• One design, similar in shape to a rocket, would have 2 supporting flying-buttress towers, more than 800ft high, to help it standing up, with an advanced damping systems to stop the swaying at high floors, to be engineered against the huge different of freezing wind at the top and desert heat at the bottom. Total height of the tower in this design is one mile / 1600 m.
• Info Page: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/features/milehigh-tower-wars-how-tall-is-too-tall-849088.html
• Renders Comparing Proposals:
• Painting: http://images.funadvice.com/photo/image/old/51959/X2.jpg
• Phorio Search
• Wikipedia Entry
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.