HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 3:35 AM
Love Austin

Arrow East Austin Developments

As I live across the street from this site I'm happy to post its progress. Thanks for finding Urbanizer

2400 East 6th (just west of Pedernales and south of Hidalgo) was recently rezoned to 'CS-V' and is slated to have 208 homes plus ground floor retail. http://tcr.com/new_development/alexan-east-6th/.

According to a Trammell Crow rep I contacted they look to break ground within the next 60 days. The current plan is to allow pedestrian and bike access to the western side of the property (next to the Cap Metro line) between 6th and Hidalgo which is huge! The grid in this area is amazing and I'm happy that TRC had the foresight to include this important connection.

Here's an early rendering:

And here is the site as seen from my balcony:

The project includes the western half of this property. If you look carefully at the above photo and can make out the long wall with the ~20' wide overhead door, this building and it's neighbor to the east (one building but the roof makes it look like two) will remain and is still zoned 'LI' I believe.

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; Jun 23, 2015 at 6:40 AM. Reason: Added thread icon

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 9:55 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
TBH, at this point I think we need a catchall East Side VMU thread, just like we have for S. Lamar and North Burnet rather than creating standalone threads which after a few posts don't receive any attention at all.

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 9:56 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Also, although I had already added the project to the map, I've added this thread to the project descrip.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...s.kFyc1SOGTRGA

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 1:07 PM
Love Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
TBH, at this point I think we need a catchall East Side VMU thread, just like we have for S. Lamar and North Burnet rather than creating standalone threads which after a few posts don't receive any attention at all.
Prolly not a bad idea on having an eastside thread--I'm happy to launch it. But as this one is the most front and center project I've ever had I'd like to keep it as a stand alone--it will not be forgotten

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 4:04 PM

An Eastside thread would get rather busy what with Plaza Saltillo, 12th st CVS development, Eastside Village, 7EAST, etc.

By the way, I went to a neighborhood meeting to discuss the 12th St CVS project and the developer was there to show off some very nice renderings of what was in store. Looks like the large grocery store on the ground floor will likely be an HEB and there will be two residential towers above it.

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
An Eastside thread would get rather busy what with Plaza Saltillo, 12th st CVS development, Eastside Village, 7EAST, etc.

By the way, I went to a neighborhood meeting to discuss the 12th St CVS project and the developer was there to show off some very nice renderings of what was in store. Looks like the large grocery store on the ground floor will likely be an HEB and there will be two residential towers above it.
We had a brief discussion in the update thread about the CVC project with the grocery store last December after it showed up on the last Emerging Project list:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1342

This project had 600 units which is a lot even for such a large site. Putting them in two towers would seem to increase the chance for approval since it would shorten the project. How tall do you estimate the two towers were in the renderings?

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 4:54 PM

They want to build 200 ft tall and the CVC from 11th st is unaffected (so is that credit union). Here's a crappy pic I managed to snap at the meeting:

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 7:06 PM

Wow. That's pretty damned tall.

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 7:07 PM

Quote:

No busier than either our south lamar or north burnet threads.

Old Posted May 5, 2015, 10:55 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

Quote:
They want to build 200 ft tall and the CVC from 11th st is unaffected (so is that credit union). Here's a crappy pic I managed to snap at the meeting:

That is pretty tall. I wonder if it'll be allowed.

Old Posted May 6, 2015, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzppjb View Post
That is pretty tall. I wonder if it'll be allowed.
They can build 150 ft right now with no neighborhood approval, they are asking for an extra 50 ft. They will likely get it.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 6:30 AM

As previously suggested, I think the name of this thread should be changed to "East Austin Projects" or something similar. There are a lot of projects happening east of I-35 worth discussing, and a thread based on only one of them will go to the bottom of the compost pile. Here's an aerial from about a month ago showing Eastside Village. But I don't recall what the huge project on the right is called:

https://twitter.com/buildandres

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 6:47 AM

I'm all for a catch all East side thread. As a long time East side resident there are many projects I have been watching but are not worthy of their own threads. It would be nice to have a place to post photos and updates.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2015, 2:36 AM

Agreed that 78702/east side needs a thread of its own.

Eastside Village has been moving very quickly. If I remember this was the old Arnold Oil site and will probably be a long line of industrial to residential transformations.

Austin Restore has a sign up that they are moving. I was thinking it was to somewhere in South Austin but can't recall.

The proposed 65 room hotel on C. Chavez was shot down by the planning commission despite the fact that it was zoned for this use and the developer was not asking for any variances. Speakers against the project did not like the restaurant/bar component; increases to number of cars on C. Chavez; and the "Rainey-ization" of this corridor.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2015, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post

Austin Restore has a sign up that they are moving. I was thinking it was to somewhere in South Austin but can't recall.

I believe they are moving into the old Chuck E. Cheese location on Ben White.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 3:00 AM

Eastside Village

7 East

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 10:16 PM

There's an interesting little subdivision going in at Webberville and Pleasant Valley next door to ACC. Looks like it's going to be pretty dense, although for some reason they are being marketed as "Modern Farm Homes." It doest seem like there would be much room to plant crops in the ten feet or so between the units, but whatever.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 10:34 PM

I really like the three story design. Three bedroom homes start at about $400K.

EDIT: The farm names comes from the proximity to two urban farms.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2015, 11:27 PM
Love Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427MM View Post
As I live across the street from this site I'm happy to post its progress. Thanks for finding Urbanizer

2400 East 6th (just west of Pedernales and south of Hidalgo) was recently rezoned to 'CS-V' and is slated to have 208 homes plus ground floor retail. http://tcr.com/new_development/alexan-east-6th/.

According to a Trammell Crow rep I contacted they look to break ground within the next 60 days. The current plan is to allow pedestrian and bike access to the western side of the property (next to the Cap Metro line) between 6th and Hidalgo which is huge! The grid in this area is amazing and I'm happy that TRC had the foresight to include this important connection.

Here's an early rendering:

And here is the site as seen from my balcony:

The project includes the western half of this property. If you look carefully at the above photo and can make out the long wall with the ~20' wide overhead door, this building and it's neighbor to the east (one building but the roof makes it look like two) will remain and is still zoned 'LI' I believe.

It's happening!! I've stared for five yrs at this big-ole white wall--happy to see it get recycled

Old Posted Jul 19, 2015, 11:42 PM
World Traveler

Very cool - that'll be another great addition to the area.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin