HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
On another note, the building on Google Earth in the link below is on the location of the Continental Hotel residences. It looks historic and certainly worthy of preserving its facade. Does anyone know the details of that?

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4251...7i13312!8i6656
Agreed. It reminds me of the building at 617 N. St, Mary's, which is very beautiful! Does anyone know anything about that structure? I don't even know the next of it. Relatedly, any news regarding the building next door, the one that was undergoing extensive redevelopment? The one that had its exterior covered (and now thankly removed) in the horrendous 60s sheet mental.

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 7:33 PM
JACKinBeantown

Penner's across the street looks like it got transplanted from a beach town. I love it!

Old Posted May 18, 2019, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Penner's across the street looks like it got transplanted from a beach town. I love it!

This is one of the many areas I spoke of in another thread that is heavily under construction. It's a mess right now, down to one street.

And yeah, that building (penner's) doesn't go. It's ugly. And, as stated many times, I dislike Palm [plants on steroids] "trees".

Old Posted May 18, 2019, 9:59 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
This is one of the many areas I spoke of in another thread that is heavily under construction. It's a mess right now, down to one street.

And yeah, that building (penner's) doesn't go. It's ugly. And, as stated many times, I dislike Palm [plants on steroids] "trees".
Preach. They do terribly in this climate and usually look pretty gross and decrepit by the time they've had a few hard freezes. Imagine going through all trouble of purchasing and planting a tree... but it doesn't give you any shade!

Old Posted May 19, 2019, 2:09 PM
Paradise

That downtown plan looks great.

Old Posted May 20, 2019, 5:27 PM

San Pedro creek work, with Penner’s on the left, Commerce Street bridge, and the Continental Hotel building on the right.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio