HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 4:34 AM

A bit of a milestone today... they have started forming for the second floor of the office tower.

Also, it looks like there just one pour left to finish the ground floor slab. And, they have started laying bricks on the walls of the hotel ground floor (sorry no pics).

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 2:25 PM

Excited to watch it rise.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 4:18 AM

Spotted the brick on the hotel today. All the finishes are looking great.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 3:00 PM

When I went by yesterday (Wed.) I noticed they are clearing out and cleaning up the north tower site. I had a chat with a guy in an orange vest (so you know his word is 100% accurate) and he said it's in preparation for a ground-breaking ceremony.

Once they get going on the north tower, storage and logistics could become more challenging.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 9:52 PM

Street closed off across street from site (in front of Provincial Court House) and it is being dug up. Looks like running or upgrading some kind of service to the site?

I hadn't been by for a while...cool to see the forms above ground. If this is like condo build, took a lot of time for parkade but above grade went pretty quick!

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 9:55 PM

The first couple of floors above grade will likely go slow, but once they hit the typical floors (levels 3 & up) things should move pretty quickly.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2018, 4:12 PM

Here's a pic posted by Stormer in the skyline thread, not his. I believe taken from Luther Tower, 22nd floor. Photo credit to SkWanderer. It's a bit old, but anyway, the development is looking good from this angle. (Might be a bit of lens magic;>) In any case, the offices are going to have quite an impact. You may also notice we're missing almost half the skyline in this shot. Things are looking up!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/De-Y5z6UwAAfQlZ.jpg:large

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 12:40 AM

Sept. 18 Pictures:

^^^^ Glass going onto the 18th floor

^^^^ Glass also going onto the condo ground floor.

^^^^ New curb work going in. It looks like they have removed a bunch on angle parking spots for a driveway in front of the hotel door. On the right side of the photo can been seen some of the brick work. Further down on the front of the hotel (just to the upper right of the white sign) can be seen huge electrical and gas service infrastructure. Facing the street. It looks terrible. Hopefully it will be hidden by landscaping or something.

I can't tell if the second floor has been poured or not... The second floorplate is quite small as there are double height lobbies. The black siding on the hotel looks fantastic in person.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 3:50 PM

Love the black brick on the hotel, sleek.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 4:03 PM

Thanks, alt_center! Not only are you posting timely updates, you're also capturing the land of the living skies. That black is definitely going to look great in the white of winter, but let's face it, black looks great with any other colour!

On the small second floor plate, I believe it'll be about the same size on the other side, too, as the lobby cuts down the middle of the building in this one. I'll have to check on that....

Old Posted Sep 23, 2018, 8:46 PM

Cool, there's an L-shaped, 2-story lobby, with 2nd floor space on opposite sides.

Last edited by Ricopedra; Sep 24, 2018 at 5:36 AM.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 2:46 PM

Does anyone know when we can expect to see digging begin for the North Tower?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXE View Post
Does anyone know when we can expect to see digging begin for the North Tower?
Hopefully going to see that starting in late October - early November. Let's say 4 - 6 weeks from now.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 7:43 PM

Are they going to hold an official sod-turning, to announce it's going to be the original 22 stories high, and that Saskatoon rules Saskatchewan, as all the suits make devil-horns with their hands?>) Okay, that would not be funny. That would be....

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 7:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
Are they going to hold an official sod-turning, to announce it's going to be the original 22 stories high, and that Saskatoon rules Saskatchewan, as all the suits make devil-horns with their hands?>) Okay, that would not be funny. That would be....
Not sure what you are trying to get at here I think its a joke but... I don't think we will ever get a 22 story building. That would put the building at 105m roughly according to the current floorplan and they want to start this year. to go over 95 meters they would have to go back to the city for approval (which takes a butt load of time) further they would (I am assuming) have to make modifications to the design esspecially lower in the tower to accomidate extra floors. alternatively they could just squash the 4 meter floors to 3.5 or 3 ish meters to make it 22 stories but there would be no height change and still probably a bunch of extra engineering.

Also MVA gas the application for the shoring and groundwork on their site for August. No link and no updates. Funny how that works almost like it has less than half the required funding, weird.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 7:16 AM
Community Guy

Looking great!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatoonborn View Post
Not sure what you are trying to get at here I think its a joke but... I don't think we will ever get a 22 story building. That would put the building at 105m roughly according to the current floorplan and they want to start this year. to go over 95 meters they would have to go back to the city for approval (which takes a butt load of time) further they would (I am assuming) have to make modifications to the design esspecially lower in the tower to accomidate extra floors. alternatively they could just squash the 4 meter floors to 3.5 or 3 ish meters to make it 22 stories but there would be no height change and still probably a bunch of extra engineering.

Also MVA gas the application for the shoring and groundwork on their site for August. No link and no updates. Funny how that works almost like it has less than half the required funding, weird.
Just so I can get a sense of how high 95 meters will be, how high is the condo?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 7:50 PM

This view is about to get a lot more urban over the next 2 years:

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXE View Post
Just so I can get a sense of how high 95 meters will be, how high is the condo?
The application to Meewasin shows 73 m to the roof of the mechanical penthouse of the condo (page 14).

These are also helpful:

https://meewasin.com/assets/upload/r...08.5%20X11.pdf

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 9:01 PM

Just to make a bit of a correction, its 63m. Ground level starts at 10000 so you have to subtract that.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan