HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Closed Thread

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 2:08 AM
Portage & Main 50 below

So who will be our new king?

1ajs was looking for a reason to meet, perhaps we could have a bit of a coronation so to speak for our new moderator.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 2:49 AM
The Loyal Opposition

Best discussion boards have mods who allow the conversation to go as it does, and doesn't close/delete posts or threads if they personally disagree what is being advocated for, etc. For instance, one of the CFL forums isn't even worth posting at, because the mod team are a bunch of 'fan boys' and are known to delete posts or threads that are too negative about a team, or temporarily banning some members for being too negative or doesn't agree with the opinions espoused by the large majority of the other members. On this site, for example, it would be like a mod deleting posts because "it casts Winnipeg in a bad light."

While there are site rules, such as 'calling people out by (user)name,' and that is fine to have such rules; it is important to recognize the difference between things such as a controversial opinion and a actual violation of the site's rules.

Forums can get boring quite fast if everyone is 'on the same page' and/or member's holding back from offering their full commentary. The debate is what brings many to the message boards. I have found SSP to be the best board I've ever posted to in terms of mods/admins not hindering the posts or debate.

While I wouldn't want to be a mod, I'm cool with any of you MB & Sask members as a mod, so I won't nominate anyone. Just hope that the new mod will allow the debate to thrive.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 3:53 AM
surely you agree with me

hi all.

its an honour just to to be nominated....

i am not sure i'm the guy.....i have a serious fear of commitment.

besides, the two things i hate most in this world are:

1. people who are intolerant of those who live in other provinces.
2. people from saskatchewan.

i would vote for 1ajs or only the lonely.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 5:41 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
In addition, no moderators frequent the Local London forum in the Ontario Regional section.
Is there a need for one? I don't recall seeing many posts being reported from that section. Are there any problems popping up in that section?

One way to help a forum section get a new moderator assigned to it is by reporting troublesome posts with the forum's 'report a post' function. You can find it above each post under the icon.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 5:57 AM
BANNED

If trueviking respectively declines and for some reason Only the Lonely is not considered other Winnipeg forum members like flatlander, biff or drew should warrant consideration. Sorry Andy but the mod should still live here, and 1ajs I respectfully think your still a couple years away. As for myself and DowntownWpg (and jmt18325) we may be tad too controversial.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 6:02 AM
Heart of the Continent

Yes, biff would be my second choice.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 2:47 PM
What could go wrong?

Hi, guys

I have to say that i too am honored that you would think that i am worthy of making sure the Man-Sask section runs smoothly. I don't think that i spend the kind of time here that would be required to do the job properly.

Thanks though for the consideration.

rrskylar, you big ole teddy bear. It's great to see, even though we disagree on everything we can still be friends. Have a good Christmas.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 5:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
If trueviking respectively declines and for some reason Only the Lonely is not considered other Winnipeg forum members like flatlander, biff or drew should warrant consideration. Sorry Andy but the mod should still live here, and 1ajs I respectfully think your still a couple years away. As for myself and DowntownWpg (and jmt18325) we may be tad too controversial.
Bang on.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2010, 3:25 AM
BANNED

I only have one question, why do Saskatchewan and Manitoba have to share a forum? Last time I checked, both provinces are doing quite well on their own. No offence to the fine folks from Manitoba, but I come here for Saskatchewan construction news.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2010, 3:38 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

i guess i will lock this thread as its outlived its need

as for your question Migs there was a vote not to long ago.

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan