HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 6, 2008, 9:06 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

We can see the construction site everyone keeps going on about is for the 6 towers with the hanging gardens if the model is correct.
Also changed the title since the names have changed and much simpler to name the thread this way.

From 234sale

http://flickr.com/photos/24363755@N0...87545/sizes/l/

Old Posted Oct 7, 2008, 11:13 AM

I love how you can walk from one building to the other on open air skybridges, they even have land scaping, simply stunning. Still cant believe Atriums going to be taller than Burj Dubai, and its still not the tallest tower launched that day, AMAZING. Dubai is well on its way to becoming the worlds first 21st century mega city.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2008, 7:26 PM

Hello everybody,

I'm French and completely new on this forum, so if I make some mistakes while writing, please, forget them

In fact, I have read the different subjects of the forum and I have a question concerning this one: do we know if all that new part of Dubai will be built one day or not? And is there a date for the beginning of the work?

I think it would be very nice because the Sheikh Zayed Road is currently too thin as a "city center" and all the part between the Road and the sea is definitly ugly.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2008, 10:27 PM
Ascension

^ As of right now, all of these are basically proposals and we don't know when (if at all) the start date.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2008, 10:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagreb View Post
I love how you can walk from one building to the other on open air skybridges, they even have land scaping, simply stunning. Still cant believe Atriums going to be taller than Burj Dubai, and its still not the tallest tower launched that day, AMAZING. Dubai is well on its way to becoming the worlds first 21st century mega city.
Yah, I hope that happens before it becomes the first skyscraper junk yard when they dont have any demand to occupie the towers they build.

Its just a thout. So dont take it all personal.

These are the only towers I like in dubai thuo.Nice job!

Old Posted Oct 8, 2008, 4:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo Flo View Post
Hello everybody,

I'm French and completely new on this forum, so if I make some mistakes while writing, please, forget them
Bienvenue, Flo Flo. Vouz parlez (et écrivez) anglais très bien!

Quote:
In fact, I have read the different subjects of the forum and I have a question concerning this one: do we know if all that new part of Dubai will be built one day or not? And is there a date for the beginning of the work?
We are not certain if all of it will get built. But, construction has already begun. Many residences and buildings have been demolished to make way for the canals, buildings and towers.

Quote:
I think it would be very nice because the Sheikh Zayed Road is currently too thin as a "city center" and all the part between the Road and the sea is definitly ugly.
Actually, the city centre (a.k.a. central business district (CBD)) is not along Sheikh Zayed Road. The CBD is in Deira and Bur Dubai (two areas of Dubai along Dubai Creek).

Sheikh Zayed Road is just the area around where most of the tall buildings get built.
I guess this is similar to La Défense and central Paris. One area is the true centre of the city while the other area just contains most of the shiny, new buildings.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2008, 10:41 AM

Thank you very much for your answers.

In fact I'm not sure it' s a really good idea to create so many canals in Dubai (the very big water area near the Lagoons, the small lake between the Burj Dubai and Dubai Mall, the Arabian Canal and now this new canal between the Sheikh Zayed Road and the sea front because it will considerably increase the humidity rate in the city and the climate will be definitely awful.

But actually, the render which has been posted here is really nice. I think it would be a good idea to approve it like that

Old Posted Oct 12, 2008, 6:39 AM

Whats the point of all those supertall buildings in regions where there isn't enough population density to even support buildings 1/3rd as tall???

Nobody can say this isn't fueled by the petroleum money(not that there is anything wrong with that, I just don't know why people pretend it's so). The allies should have taken Saudi Arabia as the prize right after WW2 like Winston Churchill said. We wouldn't have the terrorism problem & rogue states as much + the people there would have a much better living standard/human rights instead of a few Sheikhs.

Last edited by Starsky; Oct 12, 2008 at 6:51 AM.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2008, 10:10 AM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Some pictures of this insane model from Old Town Resident, 234sale, docc and DennisS on SSC

Old Posted Oct 12, 2008, 10:42 AM

Waahaaa!!!!!

That new poject is definitely one of the most beautiful of Dubai.

I hav thought for a long time that all the pat of Dubai which is between the Sheikh Zayed Road and the sea (and also all the Deira part) should be destroyed because it' s very ild and ugly. Wtih that new project, Dubai will become more than only 1 street with skyscrapers, and all of them are so nice...

Old Posted Oct 12, 2008, 12:13 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Quote:
I hav thought for a long time that all the pat of Dubai which is between the Sheikh Zayed Road and the sea (and also all the Deira part) should be destroyed because it' s very ild and ugly. Wtih that new project, Dubai will become more than only 1 street with skyscrapers, and all of them are so nice...
Are you crazy? They're the best places.
This project is quite controversial by the way, especially since it involves the complete destruction of a massive neighbourhood where the rents are cheapest. Where will all those people go?

Old Posted Oct 12, 2008, 1:35 PM
BANNED

Marvellous designs, I hope to survive until there....

Old Posted Oct 12, 2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
Are you crazy? They're the best places.
This project is quite controversial by the way, especially since it involves the complete destruction of a massive neighbourhood where the rents are cheapest. Where will all those people go?
Sharjah?

. . .

Old Posted Oct 13, 2008, 3:16 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Not to be an ass but I don't like the design of any of these towers. They could do so many great things with such projects but they didn't use their imagination enough to create something truly symbolic. The tallest has a great pattern but it doesn't have a nice shape. The wavy one I'll pass, it's actually kinda cool, but the entrance can get improved a little. The rock looking one is just ugly imo. When the Burj Al Arab was built the architects created a masterpiece, when the Burj Dubai was designed the architects incorporated the shape of a local plant which tied into tradition. I don't see any way these towers fit into Middle Eastern culture or at least have designs with well thought out patterns and shapes. I wouldn't mind if they built them but they have an opportunity to create more than just tall skyscrapers...

Old Posted Oct 13, 2008, 5:19 PM

When we see those pictures, it seems as if the biggest tower of the project (the one with 3 towers on the canal) is nearly as high as the Burj Dubai. Is it possible to have the characteristics of that tower (height), or not?

Old Posted Oct 14, 2008, 1:37 AM

Quote:
When we see those pictures, it seems as if the biggest tower of the project (the one with 3 towers on the canal) is nearly as high as the Burj Dubai. Is it possible to have the characteristics of that tower (height), or not?
One Dubai

Height: 850 metres (2789 feet)
Floors: 201 floors

One Park Avenue

Height: ~600 metres (~1970 feet)
Floors: 125 floors

Meraas Tower

Height: ~550 metres (~1800 feet)
Floors: 101 floors

Old Posted Oct 14, 2008, 7:55 AM

^^^Just a minor point but I think the One Dubai tower would look alot less fussy if the highest 'connector bridge' between the two tallest segments was eliminated.

I'm really liking the hanging garden portion of the development. It could be very striking if a cool and colorful mix of plants/ivy were used.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2008, 9:59 AM

Hello

Lover, thank you for your answers.

On the pictures, there is also something very nice (according to me): it' s the light which is under water under the one Dubai. I think it would create a very beautiful effect effect

Old Posted Oct 15, 2008, 2:57 PM
Baryonic Lord

wow.... this is really nice.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2008, 6:58 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Some updates from Imre

One Park Avenue Tower (EP 07)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive