HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 10, 2006, 3:12 AM

Well this would be the tallest in Columbus demolished I believe..around 150 feet. The Christopher Inn. Was very unique and interesting in a 60's kind of way-I really liked it(so of course they demolished it). I am not sure if it is still a parking lot or not at this time.

I think the largest buildings or building complexes demolished here were the State Penitentiary and the State Hospital(largest building sq. foot wise) in the US when built. Don't miss either one. The Pen was a terrible place with a history of executions and one of the worst fire disasters in US history with over 330 killed in a fire in the 1930's.

And the asylum? Parts of it were ok looking but it was again a terrible place and had negative associations galore. People referred to people losing their minds and 'going to the hilltop'..hardly a good association for a neighborhood of tens of thousands of people. Glad to see it gone. Of course they had a perfect spot and ruined it with the shit lowrise ugly state buildings they put on the site.*frown*

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture