HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
I saw this image (in previous post) during the game yesterday and thought "yup, there's snow, so this must be from today" but upon examining this image here in SSP I noticed that The Gardens on Rose as well as Centre Square Place are not yet completed, so this image must be what? 4 or 5 years old?
I was wondering about that too, unless they were redoing the outside.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
I was wondering about that too, unless they were redoing the outside.
I can see the top level of the parkade and the entire south side of the condo tower from my high-rise, and no, they are not doing any work. It's just an old 'stock photo' which TSN used.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 9:20 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
I can see the top level of the parkade and the entire south side of the condo tower from my high-rise, and no, they are not doing any work. It's just an old 'stock photo' which TSN used.
They would have done a lot of shooting for the Grey Cup in 2013, aaaaand looking more closely at the pic, the old stadium is at the left 2/3 - 3/4 of the way up.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 9:41 PM

[QUOTE=Nathan;8737734]They would have done a lot of shooting for the Grey Cup in 2013, aaaaand looking more closely at the pic, the old stadium is at the left 2/3 - 3/4 of the way up. [/QUOTE

I was looking for something in the photo that would back up my earlier statement. Good eye there Nathan!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 9:47 PM

I will always remember the first Grey Cup game played in Regina in 1995. At the end of the broadcast, a helicopter flew in a circle over the city with old Mosaic in the centre and Sting's song Field of Gold playing. That for me was a proud moment.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 2:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanClimate View Post
Last night's TV broadcast of the Heritage Classic had some excellent aerial shots of the stadium, like this one. I'm curious why we dont get these same shots for TSN broadcasts of CFL games at Mosaic (TSN gives aerial views of stadiums for games in all other CFL cities)?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...itage-classic/
The aerial footage shown during the NHL Heritage Classic was shot by the company I work for, Java Post Productions: www.JavaPost.ca We also shot aerial stills for the NHL which are available through Getty Images.

We have shot several Rider games at Mosaic Stadium, primarily gathering footage for the Riders to use in promotional campaigns. During the 2018 season we did supply the Riders with a live HD feed and shots were shown on the SaskTel MaxTron for the in-stadium crowd.

We will be shooting aerial footage for TSN during the upcoming Western Division Final on November 17th.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 3:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug123 View Post
The aerial footage shown during the NHL Heritage Classic was shot by the company I work for, Java Post Productions: www.JavaPost.ca We also shot aerial stills for the NHL which are available through Getty Images.

We have shot several Rider games at Mosaic Stadium, primarily gathering footage for the Riders to use in promotional campaigns. During the 2018 season we did supply the Riders with a live HD feed and shots were shown on the SaskTel MaxTron for the in-stadium crowd.

We will be shooting aerial footage for TSN during the upcoming Western Division Final on November 17th.
JavaPost does awesome work. We all love to see our city from different views such as your drone videos. Thank you JavaPost! Thanks Doug!

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 6:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug123 View Post

Very interesting, thanks for this info. I look forward to seeing the aerial views for the CFL West Final.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
They would have done a lot of shooting for the Grey Cup in 2013, aaaaand looking more closely at the pic, the old stadium is at the left 2/3 - 3/4 of the way up.

https://www.cfl.ca/games/2639/edmont...ders/#/preview

That is rather interesting TSN uses such old footage, must be hard broadcasting sports for the nation

can't wait to see newer footage from Java Post Productions: www.JavaPost.ca

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 7:57 PM

TSN still uses aerial footage of Winnipeg for Jets games that shows 360 Main before the reclad – at least 2 years old. Sometimes their footage doesn't even get the season or daylight right, having snow when there isn't any or vice versa.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 8:58 PM

I can live with no draft, but does this mean no freshly prepared food?

https://www.cjme.com/2019/11/14/mosa...fl-west-final/

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 9:04 PM

^ The article refers to drinks only, so it would seem to me that food is a go

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 9:11 PM
BANNED

It would be quite an embarrassment if they didn't offer draft beer at the Grey Cup next year. Then again, if I recall the 2013 Grey Cup, they had GW products on sale instead of the standard Molson. So maybe this is the excuse they need for all of a sudden having a different line up of beers. But also its pretty stupid they couldn't figure out how to winterize the draft lines, but fresh water lines for the bathrooms seem to be fine.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 9:25 PM

^ I'd cut them some slack... in a typical year, the Riders might play one game in winter conditions where the drink lines wouldn't work. Next year with the Grey Cup it might be two if the team hosts another playoff game. I don't know how much winterizing them all would cost, but considering how seldom it would matter it's a fairly easy cost to cut.

IIRC I had canned beer at the 2015 Grey Cup and I never really gave it a second thought...

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ The article refers to drinks only, so it would seem to me that food is a go
quote:

Quote:
“Only pre-packaged products will be served,” she said.
That will include food items as well, according to the plan.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 9:46 PM

^ Whoops, missed that bit. That's strange, I get the various beer stands not being winterized but I would expect the kitchens to be winterized.

I'm assuming there will be a fairly limited range of food options, then? You would think they could at least boil water for hot dogs and do up popcorn, nachos, etc.?

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 9:47 PM

I find it hilarious, maybe, that for all the money spent on these stadiums, they close down for winterization in this way. I get it'll cost more to enclose and provide the proper mechanical system. But shit, for a big event like this, they can't provide concessions.

IGF is similar in this way. Concourses both upper and lower are open air.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 9:50 PM

^ It's probably a ton of money for something that might actually be necessary maybe once a year on average. It isn't asking too much for fans to tough it out with beer cans for one game a year. What did we do in Winnipeg for the Grey Cup and HC? Was it all prepackaged too? I don't remember... I don't recall it coming up as an issue either.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 9:53 PM

I can't remember and it's not really a huge deal to me. I typically drink the canned beers anyways.

Spending hundreds of millions on a stadium, but still are subject to the weather a great deal.

IGF the entire east grandstand is shut down for winter. The west grandstand has the Bomber facilities so is kept partially open.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 11:48 PM

Perhaps the only food items available will be ice cream and popsicles? Hehe 😄

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan