HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 3:35 PM

I guess pro athletes are use to it, but prison type showers would be a no go for me. I wouldn't shower. Lol.

Canucks allowed the first 3 on 0 breakaway in league history last night in OT. Other than that, a pretty good game against the hardest grinding team in the league.

Overall the Canucks slightly outplayed the blues, and were able to match the Blues grinding style. Quinn Hughes continues to rack up points, scoring the tying goal late in the 3rd.

If Hughes can finish in the 60's in points, Hughes has a very good shot at winning the Calder. Judging by comments by fans and media in Denver, Makar has more defensive weaknesses than Hughes, so if it comes down to those two, Hughes seems to have the edge (early on).

Old Posted Nov 8, 2019, 4:19 PM

Flames are starting to get going now finally, their typical slow start is frustrating to watch lol.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2019, 10:59 PM
恭喜发财!

James Neal also showing why the Flames were willing to get rid of him for Milan Lucic in the last stretch of games - a single assist and -9 in the last nine games. That's the Neal Flames fans know and 'love'.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 4:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chemist View Post
James Neal also showing why the Flames were willing to get rid of him for Milan Lucic in the last stretch of games - a single assist and -9 in the last nine games. That's the Neal Flames fans know and 'love'.
I'm sure Flames fans still try to convince themselves that they got the better of that Neal-Lucic deal. It's likely that James Neal produced and contributed more in those first 5-10 games than Lucic will all season.

In other news, the Jets laid the smaketh down on the Canucks' roody poo candy asses. And that's with a decimated defense and no Brian Little too!

Last edited by blueandgoldguy; Nov 9, 2019 at 10:21 PM.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 5:16 AM
Starring as himself

For the Jets, the miraculous thing is that the Vezina finalist Hellebuyck of two years ago is back after vanishing in 2018-19. He's really holding the fort while all these new guys and rookies are figuring things out. Some of his saves tonight versus the Canucks were just unbelievable.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 1:33 PM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
It's likely that James Neal produced and contributed more in those first 5-10 games than Lucic will all season.
And so? He hardly contributed anything to the Flames last season, despite the Flames having one of the league's top offences last year. The Flames didn't have a face-puncher like Lucic in the lineup last year, and teams were willing to take liberties with our top guys as a result (e.g. Rittich was being slashed / poked after the whistle several times in the game against CBJ, but all that stopped after Lucic punched that guy in the face). Did I wish he wasn't being paid 5 million/year? Sure, as do all Flames fans. But given the choice of a guy being paid 5 million and contributing nothing at all like Neal last year or a guy being paid the same to be a tough 3rd/4th liner who may not contribute much offensively but at least puts in good hustle and plays physically, I'll take the latter.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 2:12 PM

Quote:
And so? He hardly contributed anything to the Flames last season, despite the Flames having one of the league's top offences last year. The Flames didn't have a face-puncher like Lucic in the lineup last year, and teams were willing to take liberties with our top guys as a result (e.g. Rittich was being slashed / poked after the whistle several times in the game against CBJ, but all that stopped after Lucic punched that guy in the face). Did I wish he wasn't being paid 5 million/year? Sure, as do all Flames fans. But given the choice of a guy being paid 5 million and contributing nothing at all like Neal last year or a guy being paid the same to be a tough 3rd/4th liner who may not contribute much offensively but at least puts in good hustle and plays physically, I'll take the latter.
Haha.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 2:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhatdan View Post
Haha.
Too funny!!! I got a bag of magic beans to sell you......really good price...only 7Million X 4 = 28 MILLION!!!!

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 4:16 PM
DRINK

Quote:
(e.g. Rittich was being slashed / poked after the whistle several times in the game against CBJ, but all that stopped after Lucic punched that guy in the face). .
On Lucic could have not turned the puck over on the wing during the breakout that lead to that entire sequence of events.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 8:00 PM
Community Guy

Another G for Neal!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 9:11 PM
SUSPENDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Flames are starting to get going now finally, their typical slow start is frustrating to watch lol.

Tkachuks goal.....are you kidding me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v_F-peobEA

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I'm sure many Flames fans like yourself have convinced themselves that Lucic 's "contributions" of face-punching bring that extra element missing from the Flames that will put them over the top this season. Face it, they have lost that trade already as Neal has provided the Oilers with much needed secondary scoring this season while Lucic pretty much skates around being an offensive black hole on the Flames looking to contribute with nothing more than his fists.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 11:44 PM
恭喜发财!

Quote:
I'm sure many Flames fans like yourself have convinced themselves that Lucic 's "contributions" of face-punching bring that extra element missing from the Flames that will put them over the top this season. Face it, they have lost that trade already as Neal has provided the Oilers with much needed secondary scoring this season while Lucic pretty much skates around being an offensive black hole on the Flames looking to contribute with nothing more than his fists.
The point is that Neal WAS an offensive black hole last season, and given that he wasn't going to get any more time on the first / second lines this season, that would have continued. At least with Lucic we get a guy who is serviceable on the 3rd / 4th lines, whereas Neal was absolutely useless in that role.

Of course, most Flames fans, including me, wish we had never signed Neal to that contract in the first place so we wouldn't be stuck with Lucic either. None of us see Lucic as the guy who will bring the Flames over the top, but most of us at least see him as being a little more useful than Neal was.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 6:35 PM
Community Guy

Mr. Cherry... time to go.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 8:09 PM

^long past time. his diet racism has been getting old for a long time.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 9:50 PM
Near Generational

Quote:
Oilers' scoring is basically flat year over year.

Here's some anaylsis from another forum.
Quote:
Oilers scoring after 18 games last season:
Draisaitl + McDavid 21 goals
Chiasson 6
Caggiula 6
RNH 4
12 other guys combine for 15 goals, with nobody having more than 2.

Oilers scoring this season:
Draisaitl + McDavid 22 goals
Neal 12
Kassian 4
10 other guys combine for 13 goals, with nobody having more than 2.
The fact that Calgary got rid of a mopey player, a bit of cap relief and a 3rd round pick is a win in my books.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Oilers' scoring is basically flat year over year.

Here's some anaylsis from another forum.

The fact that Calgary got rid of a mopey player, a bit of cap relief and a 3rd round pick is a win in my books.
The oilers flat year over year scoring has nothing to do with Neal.
That's an impressive twisting of statistics.
Keep going guys, I'm getting a lot of good laughs here.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 11:02 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhatdan View Post
The oilers flat year over year scoring has nothing to do with Neal.
That's an impressive twisting of statistics.
Keep going guys, I'm getting a lot of good laughs here.
Flamers fans are certainly an insufferable bunch. They keep blaming his (Neal) "lack of 1st line minutes" - well whose fault is that? His or the coaches'? The coach of course. By the end of the year they might realize that he (Lucic) is the absolute worst 7M player in the history of mankind of any sport.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 7:16 AM
Community Guy

McAwesome and LD are out of control.

That McD goal... how do you even begin to describe it?

Last edited by Coldrsx; Nov 11, 2019 at 7:29 AM.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 2:41 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLac View Post
Flamers fans are certainly an insufferable bunch. They keep blaming his (Neal) "lack of 1st line minutes" - well whose fault is that? His or the coaches'? The coach of course. By the end of the year they might realize that he (Lucic) is the absolute worst 7M player in the history of mankind of any sport.
Flames have 23 points in 20 games. The PPG probably puts them 7th or 8th in the conference. The season just started and things will be different when everything is said and done. Still, it's a bad time to start defending a trade when your team's output is mediocre at best.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada