HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 1, 2024, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
The Jets are done. This has happened too much in the past few seasons. Since 2018-19, it seems the Jets are competitive up until February or March, then fall flat. It happened in 2019,2021,2022,and 2023.

The Jets got lucky, and beat the Oilers in 2021. Aside from that, they fell flat on their faces. They have zero chance of upsetting Dallas or Colorado.
Holy. I guess you forget the Western finals.. so what if we end up in a wildcard. We may play Vancouver who haven't been all that hot with Demko out . We all know they are a better team then this. Dont like them, go cheer for the Leafs then.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2024, 6:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
Holy. I guess you forget the Western finals.. so what if we end up in a wildcard. We may play Vancouver who haven't been all that hot with Demko out . We all know they are a better team then this. Dont like them, go cheer for the Leafs then.
2017-18:

The Jets went 11-1 down the stretch, and they finished the year with 52 wins and 114 points. I had said that since 2018-19 season, the Jets have a history of choking down the stretch, and with the exception of one series, have gone nowhere in the playoffs.

If we get into the playoffs as a Wildcard, it will be like all other years we made it to the playoffs as a Wildcard- we will either get swept, or lose in 5. If you can't take a Jets fan being critical of his team, maybe stop watching hockey, or don't participate on internet forums.

Last edited by BlackDog204; Apr 6, 2024 at 10:39 PM.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2024, 6:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
We're down, but we're definitely not out.

Such frustrating times though. Absolutely no excuse on how we are playing right now.

Absolute garbage plays with a non-existent special teams, and Hellebuyck, on his 500th game, would rather forget this game, because the whole team in front of him left him hung out to dry.

Absolutely frustrating right now.
Could be that the new Jets players broke the chemistry of the team. Could be that when Rick Bowness went for surgery, the team lost their way under Arniel. I can't really put my finger on it.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2024, 2:49 PM

Jets sure look like shit right now, that's for sure.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2024, 7:06 PM

Tofolli out tonight, perfetti on top and Conner - Schiefele on diferent lines, let's hope that helps

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 5:21 AM

Quote:
2017-18:

The Jets went 11-1 down the stretch, and they finished the year with 52 wins and 114 points. You should read my comment before making irrelevant statements. I had said that since 2018-19 season, the Jets have a history of choking down the stretch, and with the exception of one series, have gone nowhere in the playoffs.

If we get into the playoffs as a Wildcard, it will be like all other years we made it to the playoffs as a Wildcard- we will either get swept, or lose in 5. If you can't take a Jets fan being critical of his team, maybe stop watching hockey, or don't participate on internet forums.
Oh herr we go. Internet tough guy. And another keyboard coach. The team would be better off in wildcard spot as wed probably play vancouver then. But they did fine tonight so why are you not here bashing them again ?

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
Tofolli out tonight, perfetti on top and Conner - Schiefele on diferent lines, let's hope that helps
There was a comment Mike M posted from Bowness, about how the pairings and lines havent been working. Hoping thats the beginning of the Connor-Scheifele split up. I'm looking for an Ehlers first line role going forward.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
There was a comment Mike M posted from Bowness, about how the pairings and lines havent been working. Hoping thats the beginning of the Connor-Scheifele split up. I'm looking for an Ehlers first line role going forward.
Murat Ates had a nice piece in The Athletic a while back where he broke down the numbers showing how 55 and 27 both generate better when they play together, and the team has better results when they play together. His supposition was that 55 didn't like 27's 'chaotic' style of play and preferred playing with someone who was more of a 'systems' guy.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 12:30 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Grump View Post
Murat Ates had a nice piece in The Athletic a while back where he broke down the numbers showing how 55 and 27 both generate better when they play together, and the team has better results when they play together. His supposition was that 55 didn't like 27's 'chaotic' style of play and preferred playing with someone who was more of a 'systems' guy.
I think Scheif could use a bit of chaos every now and then, and right now, we need chaos.

Quote:
Could be that the new Jets players broke the chemistry of the team. Could be that when Rick Bowness went for surgery, the team lost their way under Arniel. I can't really put my finger on it.
Maybe, but I'm not giving them that benefit of a doubt. It's crunch time right now and we need to be win these last stretch of games before playoffs begin. The win last night was a major one, and hopefully this will give the Jets the much needed momentum for them to win most of the games in this last stretch.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Ehlers is a machine.

I noticed that when Connor was out, the Jets really started to get white hot. Connor's defensive play leaves a lot to be desired. he did not really add much when he returned.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2024, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Grump View Post
I think this is exactly why he needs to play with 55. 55 has a tendency to just sit in the place that he is told and not deviate from that which make him easier to defend against. That's a major reason the PP has been terrible 55, 44 and 81 just playing pass with no movement.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2024, 10:38 PM

Jets win 3 in a row, to technically remain in the hunt for the Division title. Dallas lost against Chicago, so if the Jets can run the table and defeat Nashville, Colorado, and the Stars on the road, it will get interesting.

As it is, it is now almost a certainty that Winnipeg will play Colorado in the first round.

47-24-6

100 points.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 12:42 AM

Dallas beat Colorado last night. That means that the next 3 games are crucial to the Jets, if they hope to secure home ice advantage against the Avalanche in round one:

Tuesday, April 9: Winnipeg at Nashville
Thursday, April 11: Winnipeg at Dallas
Saturday, April 13: Winnipeg at Colorado

These 3 games will likely give an indication if Winnipeg can go anywhere in the post season. Winning 2 of 3 games will likely man that we will finish second, considering our final 2 games are against Seattle, who have been dreadful this year.

Our final game is against Vancouver, but considering the Canucks have nothing to play for, they will likely be resting all their star players.

The Jets have historically done well in their final 5 games. I hope they repeat that tradition.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 3:28 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Dallas beat Colorado last night. That means that the next 3 games are crucial to the Jets, if they hope to secure home ice advantage against the Avalanche in round one:

Tuesday, April 9: Winnipeg at Nashville
Thursday, April 11: Winnipeg at Dallas
Saturday, April 13: Winnipeg at Colorado

These 3 games will likely give an indication if Winnipeg can go anywhere in the post season. Winning 2 of 3 games will likely man that we will finish second, considering our final 2 games are against Seattle, who have been dreadful this year.

Our final game is against Vancouver, but considering the Canucks have nothing to play for, they will likely be resting all their star players.

The Jets have historically done well in their final 5 games. I hope they repeat that tradition.
It's because, at least within the group of friends I talk to, jokingly say that someone should tell the Jets that they're eliminated from playoff contention, and then they start playing their hearts out and win all the remaining games in the season.

I intend to continue that trend.

In all seriousness though, this final Central Division trip will be crucial. Of course, we'd like to win all of these games.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 2:40 AM

Jets came out strong, but were absolutely brutal for the rest of the game. Nashville deserved to win, but Hellebuck was beyond brilliant, saving 45 shots.

Winnipeg finds a way to win in OT. 48-24-6.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 1:22 PM
What could go wrong?

Deep thoughts by Jack Handey...

I'm not sure of the stats for Ehlers turnovers to goal ratio, but it has to be pretty high. He is a turnover machine - usually at one of the bluelines. Hockey 101.

Connor is bad at it too.

Pionk should be sitting right now - play has been terrible as of late.

I am confused as to why the Jets traded for Colin Miller. I can't recall seeing a trade for an active player (not prospect) and then not playing him.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 1:39 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Deep thoughts by Jack Handey...

I'm not sure of the stats for Ehlers turnovers to goal ratio, but it has to be pretty high. He is a turnover machine - usually at one of the bluelines. Hockey 101.

Connor is bad at it too.

Pionk should be sitting right now - play has been terrible as of late.

I am confused as to why the Jets traded for Colin Miller. I can't recall seeing a trade for an active player (not prospect) and then not playing him.
Pionk looked like he was asleep last night.

Ehlers is rocket fast but makes stupid no look passes that turn into turnovers and goals.

I'd put in Miller and let Pionk sit for a bit. Seems like something is off with him.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 7:24 PM

Playoffs coming up, and it looks like it could be either a deep run or one(series)-and-done. I honestly have no idea what we're going to see.

I think the team knows what they have to do, considering their talent base, to win. Physical and mental fatigue are things all teams have to deal with going into the playoffs, but as people have pointed out, this team needs to keep focus and avoid thinking games are won before the final whistle.

Maybe they need a hypnotist. Is Reveen still around?

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 8:04 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
Playoffs coming up, and it looks like it could be either a deep run or one(series)-and-done. I honestly have no idea what we're going to see.

I think the team knows what they have to do, considering their talent base, to win. Physical and mental fatigue are things all teams have to deal with going into the playoffs, but as people have pointed out, this team needs to keep focus and avoid thinking games are won before the final whistle.

At all.. bass outlets.

Video Link

Old Posted Apr 11, 2024, 2:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post

All depends on the Avalanche.

Jets will need to shut down MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Makar somehow.

However, even if the Avalanche has the advantage in scoring, goaltending could be the deciding factor. With Helle and Broissoit, they can pull it off.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan