HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 28, 2021, 5:59 PM
-

365 Canal St, 365 Canal St Ste 100 BLDG 1, 365 Canal St Ste 1600, 365 Canal St Ste 200, 365 Canal St Ste 2450, 365 Canal St Ste 2720, 365 Canal St Ste 2735, 365 Canal St Ste 2800, 365 Canal St Ste 2810, 345 Canal St, 201 Canal St·Zoning Verification · Project #21-1400 · Ref Code:QX81SK
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Zoning Verification
Applicant:
The Planning and Zoning Resource Company (PZR)
Draft Application
Date Filed:
9/24/2021
Closed:
No
Description:
Zoning Verification - CBD-4 District

21-424859
APPLE STORE
Jurisdiction:Jefferson Parish
Type:Building Permit w/ Plan Review,Plan Processing Fee (Plan Review)
Create Date:2021-09-15T07:55:04.777
Business
Permit Advisors
Applicant
Shawn Smith
Physical Address
3301 VETERANS BLVD 54K
70002 METAIRIE, LA
Mailing Address
8370 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 330
90211 Beverly Hills, CA
Lot Number
SubDivision
ATHANIA PLACE ANNEX
Square Footage
Description
TENANT IMPROVMENT OF EXISTING LEASED SPACE FOR A NEW RETAIL STORE. WORK INCLUDES, NON-STRUCTURAL PARTITIONS, CEILINGS, FINISHES, FURNITURE, AND RELATED HVAC, ELECTRICAL, AND PLUMBING WORK.Old Jcrew location

21-424730
TBD
Jurisdiction:Jefferson Parish
Type:Building Permit w/ Plan Review,Plan Processing Fee (Plan Review)
Create Date:2021-09-13T14:14:57.083
Business
RWA
Applicant
DALE Wood
Physical Address
2919 METAIRIE RD
70001 METAIRIE, LA
Mailing Address
1100 POYDRAS STREET
70163 NEW ORLEANS, LA
Lot Number
SubDivision
HARLEM PARKWAY
Square Footage
Description
NEW CONSTRUCTION OF TWO SHELL BUILDINGS. FUTURE BUILD-OUTS WILL BE PERMITTED UNDER SEPARATE CONTRACT. SLAB IS NOT PART OF THIS SCOPE.
21-424730
TBD

Overview / Comments
Roy Plaza is located at the corner of Cleary Ave and centered on Veterans Memorial Blvd between Causeway and Clearview. This high visibility, high traffic property has a fresh new look coming soon including a premium 35’ monument sign with a sleek LED feature. 7,872 SF in total of commercial space is available. Parking is ample with 250+ spaces on the property.

The property is located just off the Clearview Exit of I10 (AADT:165,845). Veterans accounts for some of the strongest consumer demographics in the trade area.

This is an excellent opportunity for retailers, as Veterans Memorial Boulevard signage offers some of the highest visual exposure. Co-tenants include French Riviera Fitness (occupies 2nd floor), Gel Nails, Rapid Urgent Care, Quest Diagnostics, and a brand new Citizens Bank.

Oschner Super Clinic

Old Posted Sep 28, 2021, 6:01 PM
-

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 3:17 AM

Curious about what's going on at 365 Canal. Are they renovating open retail/office spaces or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
365 Canal St, 365 Canal St Ste 100 BLDG 1, 365 Canal St Ste 1600, 365 Canal St Ste 200, 365 Canal St Ste 2450, 365 Canal St Ste 2720, 365 Canal St Ste 2735, 365 Canal St Ste 2800, 365 Canal St Ste 2810, 345 Canal St, 201 Canal St·Zoning Verification · Project #21-1400 · Ref Code:QX81SK
Type:
Zoning Verification
Applicant:
The Planning and Zoning Resource Company (PZR)
Draft Application
Date Filed:
9/24/2021
Closed:
No
Description:
Zoning Verification - CBD-4 District

Last edited by FenderOz; Sep 29, 2021 at 3:46 AM.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 10:10 PM
-

It’s fascinating to me that in a couple months construction of the Canopy of Peace will actually be longer than the entirety of the USA’s involvement and fighting in World War 2

Old Posted Sep 30, 2021, 3:41 AM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
It’s fascinating to me that in a couple months construction of the Canopy of Peace will actually be longer than the entirety of the USA’s involvement and fighting in World War 2
OMG you're right it's been killing me living around the corner watching that snails pace construction

Old Posted Sep 30, 2021, 11:31 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
OMG you're right it's been killing me living around the corner watching that snails pace construction
I’m assuming with all the mess ups from engineers to manufacturers that the museum is going to basically end up with this project for free. They at least deserve that much.

Remember this started in April 2018 and was supposed to finish by November 2018 . Who would have believed here we are still watching it

Old Posted Sep 30, 2021, 7:10 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
I’m assuming with all the mess ups from engineers to manufacturers that the museum is going to basically end up with this project for free. They at least deserve that much.

Remember this started in April 2018 and was supposed to finish by November 2018 . Who would have believed here we are still watching it
You're right! Absolutely crazy

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 1:23 PM

Interesting article in the Times Picayune about potential new arena for the Pelicans—and where it might be located.

Top sites considered in likely order (new arena):
Tract of land across from the Convention Center
Loyola Blvd (site of old post office)
Duncan Plaza (if/when city hall moves)

IMO: If the city/state wants to keep the Pelicans after the team is sold (might be years and years away), they will need a new arena. The league wouldn’t let a team relocate within 10 years of a new arena getting built no matter what. Renovating Smoothie King Center is a half measure that wouldn’t change the leagues mind if a new owner wants to move it.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/a...6cfeed0ac.html

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 2:50 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderOz View Post
Interesting article in the Times Picayune about potential new arena for the Pelicans—and where it might be located.

IMO: If the city/state wants to keep the Pelicans after the team is sold (might be years and years away), they will need a new arena. The league wouldn’t let a team relocate within 10 years of a new arena getting built no matter what. Renovating Smoothie King Center is a half measure that wouldn’t change the leagues mind if a new owner wants to move it.

The arena location was always to me a bad location because it’s surrounded by interstate which always guaranteed it was going to be a dead zone around it. Super dome is different in the sense it’s a bigger facility and less frequently used. Arenas should be if successfully positioned used weekly … the experience is just better when there is more around it to pre and post game

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 3:46 PM
-

Quote:

Honestly, why dont they consider the whale parking lot? Would be amazing location and would further enhance the convention centers appeal

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 4:15 PM

Instead of another new arena, I’d much rather money spent to fix and build up the area around the existing one, so that the neighborhood and arena and superdome can benefit from it. Champions square was never finished to its full potential. There should be apartments, restaurants, condos, hotels, etc on every side.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 4:23 PM

I certainly think the Pelicans need to get their performance in order before worrying about a new arena, but I get that being the smallest in the league, a plan is necessary.

The post office idea seems overly expensive and complicated. Not only are you dealing with a federal agency, but there's really not much room without knocking down some large structures unless you look at building over some of the UPT's tracks.

Whale lot seems nice and I think it's one of the most under-utilized parcels in the city, but vehicular access would be an issue with the slimmed down Convention Center Blvd and little or no public transit nearby. Plus you would need to build a ton of parking into that structure.

City hall is a better location, but even if it ends up being moved, I'm sure they would want a lot of money to make up for the loss of potential revenue from leasing it as a hotel or something plus tearing it down could be controversial.

The upriver convention site seems to be the most likely given the land availability and the planned developments. Putting it closer to the bridge would provide a buffer to the more residential areas and would allow it to be a de facto extension of the convention facilities, sharing parking and transportation areas.

Some other ideas would be the site of the new Mercedes-Benz dealership and Entergy on Poydras. Seems like getting the land would be relatively easy and you could close those streets with little impact to the street grid. Plus you could share Superdome parking.

Or perhaps on the University Hospital property or the lots between I-10, Cleveland, Villere, and Tulane. (Tennis' house would have to go!) More road and transit access while minimizing impacts to congested areas.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
Instead of another new arena, I’d much rather money spent to fix and build up the area around the existing one, so that the neighborhood and arena and superdome can benefit from it. Champions square was never finished to its full potential. There should be apartments, restaurants, condos, hotels, etc on every side.
Agreed, although I think a long range plan probably needs to address the undersized arena. Would definitely like to see Girod made more pedestrian friendly, possibly removing the building that covers it. If you demolished that and the garage, you could have a new arena bordering Champions Square with some hotels/residential/parking on the current arena site

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Agreed, although I think a long range plan probably needs to address the undersized arena. Would definitely like to see Girod made more pedestrian friendly, possibly removing the building that covers it. If you demolished that and the garage, you could have a new arena bordering Champions Square with some hotels/residential/parking on the current arena site
Agreed. Arenas get expanded all the time. If the arena is moved (to the convention center, UMC, lakefront, etc) the next problem will be there’s nothing to do around it. Solve that now by just building out the area next to the existing arena. The problem is the city, state, and fed separately own different parcels and are not ambitious when it comes to modern development.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 5:33 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Or perhaps on the University Hospital property or the lots between I-10, Cleveland, Villere, and Tulane. (Tennis' house would have to go!) More road and transit access while minimizing impacts to congested areas.

I def would sell for the right price I can say that much

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 5:35 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
Agreed. Arenas get expanded all the time. If the arena is moved (to the convention center, UMC, lakefront, etc) the next problem will be there’s nothing to do around it. Solve that now by just building out the area next to the existing arena. The problem is the city, state, and fed separately own different parcels and are not ambitious when it comes to modern development.
But the area is hard to build out because its surrounded by interstates. I think the discussion shouldnt be just about the pelicans but all events that are held there. Now the most logical place would be the convention center neighborhood and to build it all at the same time and the arena can help anchor that neighborgood as well as becoming an additonal asset for the convention center

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 6:53 PM

Quote:
But the area is hard to build out because its surrounded by interstates. I think the discussion shouldnt be just about the pelicans but all events that are held there. Now the most logical place would be the convention center neighborhood and to build it all at the same time and the arena can help anchor that neighborgood as well as becoming an additonal asset for the convention center
I found it interesting that those interviewed went out of their way to talk about that piece of land… almost like they’re trying to speak it into existence.

If they wanted the arena there, why didn’t they propose it earlier during bidding process? Feels like they wouldn’t wait until this TP segment on Pelicans and Saints succession planning to hype up a new arena in an area of land that just got bidded out for development.

The good thing is that the team has several years to improve on the court and wait for convention center area developement to decide if they will build a new arena… if they don’t build a new arena, another city will and we’ll never get a NBA team again. It’ll be now or never eventually…

Old Posted Oct 1, 2021, 7:12 PM
-

Quote:
I found it interesting that those interviewed went out of their way to talk about that piece of land… almost like they’re trying to speak it into existence.

If they wanted the arena there, why didn’t they propose it earlier during bidding process? Feels like they wouldn’t wait until this TP segment on Pelicans and Saints succession planning to hype up a new arena in an area of land that just got bidded out for development.

The good thing is that the team has several years to improve on the court and wait for convention center area developement to decide if they will build a new arena… if they don’t build a new arena, another city will and we’ll never get a NBA team again. It’ll be now or never eventually…
I think the winning bidders for convention center neighborhood would be happy to work with them on a new place

Old Posted Oct 2, 2021, 2:32 PM
-

2801 General De Gaulle Drive ·Design Review · Project #DR105-21 · Ref Code:HZK8EK
Download (5) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Design Review
Applicant:
Michael Griffin
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/29/2021
Closed:
No
Description:
New health clinic on a site with over 100 ft in a CT Corridor Transformation Design Overlay District. The development has over 10 off-street parking spaces. The project consists of the design of a 20,000 square foot single story health clinic. The program consists of a health clinic, urgent care clinic, diagnostic/imaging and retail vision center. These departments will house a total of 24 exam rooms, 3 large procedure/exam rooms, 2 Behavior Health/counseling rooms, Retail Pharmacy, Lab, Biowaste, Meeting/Community space and back of house support spaces.

2043 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd·Design Review

· Project #DR104-21 · Ref Code:8J388A
Download (7)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
Typeesign ReviewApplicant:Sms Development LLCStatus:Application SubmittedDate Filed:9/23/2021Closed:NoDescription:

Design review for new multi-family structure in an EC Enhancement Corridor Design Overlay District

5901 N Claiborne Ave·New Construction · Ref Code:LVCVNX
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Stritz Enterprise,LLC
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/27/2021
Closed:
No
Description:
2 Office Containers shell be placed on property address above (1) 20' office container & (1) 40' office container with parking lot & (1) handicap space.

At Bésame, Nanyo Dominguez Celebrates Latin American Ceviche, Spirits, and Culture

https://nola.eater.com/2021/9/30/226...besame-ceviche

A Baton Rouge Thai Hit Is Moving to the French Quarter

https://nola.eater.com/2021/9/24/226...french-quarter

Old Posted Oct 3, 2021, 7:41 PM
TL;DR

I got worried that Cafe Envie was closing... one of the few places you can get a good latte with a shot of liquor added! But I see it's just their second location, not the original one at Decatur/Barracks...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations