HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 12:21 AM
FUS RO DAH!

Novo Hamburgo - Sunset Residence and Sunset Executive - 34 floors, 104 meters.

This building is almost finished.

Its in the side of a hill. So one side has more floors than the other...

Facing south, you have only the residential building. 27 storeys above ground, more the mechanical floor at the top.

Facing north, you have Sunset Executive. Its THE SAME STRUCTURE as Sunset Residence. It faces the street in the other side of the block.

Sunset Executive has 5 storeys of commercial apartments, in the front. In the back, it shares space with 2 storeys of parking garage from the Sunset Residence.

Below the Sunset Executive, there are two parking garage storeys, one partially above ground, the other completely underground.

pictures

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 3:11 AM

Great to hear about a project from this part of the world,too bad the building is such a disaster.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 10:30 AM
FUS RO DAH!

haha, I disagree about it being a disaster. I guess its a matter of taste. This is the kind of RESIDENTIAL building that brazilians like. Try to sell an all glass residential highrise in Brazil... your company will get bankrupt.

as for hearing about projects in this part of the world, there are like 15 new highrise projects announced in Brazil everyday.

it just happens that I am probably the only brazilian regular at SSP (while on SSC there are something like 250 brazilian forumers) and I rarely if ever post projects and construction status here.

Btw, about this specific building... bear in mind that Novo Hamburgo is only the 6th most populous city in Rio Grande do Sul state, the 5th most populous state.

In the general ranking of brazilian cities (by population), its the 96th largest brazilian city, at 260 thousand people.

Alas, Novo Hamburgo is part of the metro area of Porto Alegre (total pop 3.7 million), although IT IS NOT CONSIDERED a suburb of Porto Alegre.

The Porto Alegre metro is different from other brazilian metros, since in other brazilian metros, connurbed cities are AROUND the main city (usually a state capital). So they are all connurbed directly to the main city.

In Porto Alegre, the metro area goes only to the north of Porto Alegre. So Porto Alegre is connurbed directly only to Canoas, Cachoeirinha and Viamão. Then, going north Canoas is connurbed to Esteio and Cachoeirinha to Gravataí.

More to the north, both Esteio and Gravataí are connurbed to Sapucaia, which is then connurbed to São Leopoldo which is connurbed to Novo Hamburgo, 40km away from Porto Alegre. Novo Hamburgo is connurbed to the west with Estancia Velha and to the east with Campo Bom.

But why the hell I am talking all that? You didnt asked!

Last edited by Trantor; Nov 7, 2007 at 12:48 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive